Diablo® III

D3 TO D1

Or just simply copy paste D1 and take only D3 engine and graphipcs...Imagine how great game could that be :) oh god...I MISS D1,HATE D3...
Reply Quote
would be better if it was a remake of diablo 2.
Reply Quote
but... D3's combat system is nice :D
I'd like if monsters could have auras and be able to cast curses just like in d2... just this simple thing could add a lot of challenge when auras transfer to all nearby monsters !! Sometimes there could be Two packs with auras making it even more deadly
Reply Quote
Sigh,D1 maybe,I wish they'd just ported D2:LoD over to the D3 engine,combat and graphics..
Remember when you could steamroll the hardest difficulties using *skills* instead of godly gear?
Base level of 20 on skills,but could be gotten to 55 with + skill items,Charms ,runes? You could play naked and kill all the content if properly skilled,and didn't have to spend $ to buy a weapon to do damage?
The hardcore D2 fanbase expected a continuation of the series,not an oversimplified console type game with incredibly poor loot itemization,no quest rewards,and a very limited selection of maps,with no way to jump from one act to another at will.(along with soo many other features D2 had that didn't make it into D3).. *this* is why so many people have left,I'm betting, very few of the old D2 players remain,after expecting a newer *better* D2..
Reply Quote
or just play d1 or d2 and you solve your problem.
Reply Quote
Curiously, both games have an unfortunately slow run/walk speed...
Reply Quote
View profile
d1 had the best atmosphere and music of the entire series. d2 improved graphics a little and added some mechanics but also started removing certain aspects (atmosphere, music was not quite as good, utter lack of scroll variaty), and d3 removed most of the mechanical aspect but has a good graphic engine (the style is completely non-diablo, at least to me) and characters look cooler.

take the best of the 3 and you have an awesome game.
Reply Quote
If they took D3's gameplay with the complexity of PoE, we'd have one hell of an ARPG.

Unfortunately, Blizzard thought that simpler is better.

Not in an ARPG, my friends. It's one thing to be overly complicated, it's another to be boringly simple.
Reply Quote
I recently started doing Let's Plays of Diablo 1 and I talked a little about Diablo 3 and gaming in general. I've played video games for years and I feel that there are really two things that are wrong with Diablo 3:

Multiplayer (not graphics) killed video games to some extent because now instead of making a good game that was challenging enough on its own, the challenge comes from other players. And on top of this, faster connection speed and constant connectivity allow for the debacle that is Pay to Win as we see in Diablo 3 and other games.

Secondly, I talk about how I'm always thinking ahead. In the first two Diablo games, I always had to be thinking a few steps ahead. Things like attribute and unchanging skill allocations; planning ahead for what I might encounter in proceduraly generated maps; and saving up for or accommodating items that have no use to me at the moment but will be useful later on, are all gone with Diablo 3. Now its all about spending real money to make the game easier.

By the way the YouTube channel with my Diablo 1 Let's Plays (and other older games) is www.youtube.com/TheTank19881.
Edited by TheTank1988#1676 on 10/21/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Guy's stop being stuck in the past, We need to look to the future, make suggestion's I wonder if some of you are really old enough to have really played those old games? Or are just repeating what you read?
There is no way D1,D2 plays out anywhere as good as D3. I mean if you like a Diabolical robotron type game fine. So we got stuck with a horrid loot system, And the Auction House didn't help matters either. But really in comparison D3 plays like a Cadillac not like an ole rusted chevy.
Reply Quote
D1 was great for its time so was D2 , personally i would have liked D3 to be full on MMO. But im biased i like Co op games and for me thats one thing that sucks in Diablo franchise. It really is a solo ARPG. Should of had a offline mode, we could atleast mod it.
Edited by Ashkar#6349 on 10/21/2013 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 06:52 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
There is no way D1,D2 plays out anywhere as good as D3

Is a WoW player.

I agree play style is better , but the game is not. Or i'm just over Arpg's one or the other.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/21/2013 06:52 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
There is no way D1,D2 plays out anywhere as good as D3

Is a WoW player.
Your right, I did play Wow for six years, And that old oh you must be a Wow player is really old and never made any sense to begin with. Besides it just goes to show I know how Blizzard games work and what to expect from them. As i said we got a horrid loot system which in this case i did not expect.
Reply Quote
the only things better in d3 than in previous games are...................graphics and combat, thats it. the story is cheesy, dialogue is goofy and the items are retardedly integrated with your dps. garbage mechanics.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/21/2013 07:07 PMPosted by KurbbStompp
the story is cheesy
To be honest i would never play an Arpg for the story, I mean that is not the main goal of the game it is more of a narration to me. To expect some sort of epic story from an Arpg is like me expecting wow to play like an Arpg.
Reply Quote
View profile
Some of you here might love a regurgitated D1 or D2:LOD. But I know that I would not buy such a product. I do not need to by a HD version of D2 if I want to go down nostalgia lane. I just play D2:LOD period.

The majority here were wanting an upgrade to D2 not some rehashing. If you want a game that does a lot of rehashing then look no further than Activision and Call of Duty. That game might be calling your name.
Reply Quote
I wish they would bring back Mat Uleman and his music! Also take away the whole view and make it darker around your person like in D1 like they do in horror games. I loved hearing monsters out in the dark but not being able to see them until they wandered into the light!
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Kayoz
I wish they would bring back Mat Uleman and his music! Also take away the whole view and make it darker around your person like in D1 like they do in horror games. I loved hearing monsters out in the dark but not being able to see them until they wandered into the light!

Mat Uelman is a composing God among men, the music he made for D1 and D2 was just fantastic.

Diablo 3 is not really a Diablo game.

It looks and feels like a PG-13 mediocre ARPG.

Music is gone.
Pentagrams gone.
Darkness/Gothic feel gone.
Cain gone.
Stat points gone.
Skill points gone.
Even the Diablo font is gone.
Fireballs are gone.
Runes gone.
Runewords gone.
Horadric cube gone.
The entire itemization has nothing to do with previous Diablo's. It's all huurr durrrr full retard-mode DPS+prime stat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]