Diablo® III

removing Paragon levels altogether?

The current paragon system offers little to no reward and with the launch of paragon 2.0 this will change due to stat allocation and the like.

However, is paragon really necessary? Seeing as NV stacks and other goodies will be available pre level 60, that is no real need for the level 60 cap.

End game - Loot runs and neph trials should be available after unlocking something rather than the level 60 cap.

With the removal of paragon, stat allocation will be available from level 2 onwards and all current characters can have their paragon experienced gained converted into levels/stats. Since there is no level cap anymore, this will work in a similar fashion to the paragon 2.0 system but with levels as a driving factor.

Along with the removal of the paragon system, players will be available to play the game as they like after they have finished normal mode, Adventure mode etc(taken from the data mined information.)

Also, since there are no more level caps, Reaper of souls will offer the new class, story and new spells for existing characters instead of the previous (level to 70)

Grinding characters to 60 just to paragon level, experience end game is very time wasting in my honest opinion.

Possible Cons

This may be a con for those that play limited hours a week because there will not be any account bound levels.

My opinion on the matter: After experiencing account bound paragon levels on the console, I find it unnecessary to play other classes than my monk which was the most efficient class to paragon level. Once I hit paragon level 20, even loot didn't feel compelling any more and I doubt stat allocation alone would have fixed this, hence the new end game options blizz are implementing.
Reply Quote
Really hoping to get a blue on this as I am sure this must have been brought up before somewhere internally or even on the forums.

Other than that, what are your thoughts? I will post more of my ideas as it comes.

-Mowze
Edited by Mowze#1464 on 10/20/2013 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They are trying to figure out a way to make the game less gear centric. The game focuses on nothing but gear right now, and since gear is random, progression is random. You may, or may not get stronger. It all depdns on your luck

Not to mention, players were fed up with grinding for 6 hours to get absolutely nothing out of the whole endeavor.

You also have to realize that Loot 2.0 is hopefully going to make loot compelling. It might not, but it might. We dont know.

If they could just make the game about 60% gear centric and 40% skill centric instead of 95% gear and 5% skills, then the game might be more fun.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Zalm
You also have to realize that Loot 2.0 is hopefully going to make loot compelling. It might not, but it might. We dont know.

It might for a while but since they are planning on no caps for paragon levels, hopefully the items will be greater? Loot 1.5 on the console was fun for a while but the game became boring too quickly after you obtained BIS items.

10/20/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Zalm
If they could just make the game about 60% gear centric and 40% skill centric instead of 95% gear and 5% skills, then the game might be more fun.

Agreed.

Another thing to note is that they will be implementing ladders so this will also add to the re playability of the game in one way.
Edited by Mowze#1464 on 10/20/2013 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love the infinity paragon levels. I like the stat allocation as it is. That is all.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Socs
I love the infinity paragon levels. I like the stat allocation as it is. That is all.

It is a great idea, however, as I mentioned above, even with the removal of the paragon system, stat allocation will be available from level 2 onwards and there will be no level cap. This removes the need for a level 60 cap(infinity levels) and the unwanted grind to unlock end game at level 60 and instead make end game a focus on levels be it in ladder or even non-ladder.
Reply Quote
View profile
Paragon leveling will not be taken away so we can have the infinite leveling of the character's themselves. That would put us right back where Blizz wants to get away from. Having characters that would way out level the content. Then I guess by level 100 you would be a god and nothing would be allowed to hit your character huh.

Sorry but that will not be happening. That is why paragon leveling must stay. We must have levels for our characters. This is not the game called The Secret World where being without levels is okay because it what that game was built on from the ground up.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 08:11 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Then I guess by level 100 you would be a god and nothing would be allowed to hit your character huh.

I hope not. Since paragon 2.0 has infinite levels.
Edited by Mowze#1464 on 10/22/2013 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]