Diablo® III

Bul-Kathos Set?

I've looked at the DW barbs and noticed that the main stats they had were on Bul-Kathos blades, not that mine are currently stout enough to try a higher MP level (currently doing very well with the pair on MP7) but my question is simple: Can a barbarian be efficient using Bul-Kathos at MP10?

The item bonuses are very tempting, and the "Occasional Whirlwind" is a nice addition to my setup.

What do you fellow shouters and spinners think?
Reply Quote
It can work, but there are way better alternatives that can boost your efficiency.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Onigami
Can a barbarian be efficient using Bul-Kathos at MP10?

It would take a very high end set with other very high end gear as well....not to mention in the current state of the game you would not benefit from a mace/axe increase of 10% crit chance, and your ceiling would be lower to how much damage you could inflict compared to let's say a Skorn or DW w/ an EF.

CAN it be efficient? If you define efficient as 20-30 second elite kills on MP10.... Yes, without a doubt....

But, can it be as efficient as the other set-up's? No. And it may end up being more expensive overall due to the necessity for high end supporting gear.
Reply Quote
Oh, I see, well thanks!
Edited by Onigami#1528 on 10/16/2013 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it works, depending the built and what are you looking to do.
check my profile, may give you some ideas.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/christhian-1795/hero/32921956
Reply Quote
O_o!!!

How much fury do you need to run a barb? 5 Piece IK set, MW, Animosity, ITF, and Bash!? ʇıɥs ʎןoɥ.
Edited by Acky#1140 on 10/16/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@acky i think he is just using the IK belt to add LS since he is using bulkathos set. i was also a 5pcs IK user before and i do think it has good effects not just fury regen. even the 3pc bonus is underrated but i kinda like it myself ^^ although my barb does not have high end gear so i dont really know the difference in damage of 300k unbuff and 350k unbuff.
Reply Quote
View profile
i had a 100% CD near perfect Warrior Blood and there were still way better 1h rares that easily destroyed it. the set bonus stinks as well - minor STR and the +5 fury is negligible

all in all, this BK set is a massively under performer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]