Diablo® III

Everybody will pick magic find anyway

90 Orc Death Knight
in this new paragon system in 2.0/ROS expansion. When it comes time to pick something from utility or adventure section (whichever section has the magic find stat), EVERY smart person would just pick magic find anyway.

It doesn't make any sense to give magic find as an option VS other stats. WHY would you NOT pick magic find? It's a gear hunting game plain and simple.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Just keep magic find the way it is right now (1% mf or 3% mf per paragon level or whatever it is).
Reply Quote
I think it's about the old magic find vs. speed debate.

The fun thing D2LoD did, to go totally opposite to magic find -> Runewords. In order to find the plain high end equipment with sockets in them... you were best off de-equipping your magic find.
Reply Quote
to hell with magic find, im capping out movement speed first
Reply Quote
It doesn't make any sense to give magic find as an option VS other stats. WHY would you NOT pick magic find? It's a gear hunting game plain and simple.
Do we have any information on how much %MF each point is worth? What if it doesn't take very many points to max out MF?
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Nishi
Do we have any information on how much %MF each point is worth? What if it doesn't take very many points to max out MF?

theres gonna be 200 points to spend per category to max out each of 4 things, which means youre gonna have to put 50 points into MF to reach the max MF that you can get from paragon. We have no idea if that is going to actualy reach the MF cap (like paragon 100 does currently).
Reply Quote
in this new paragon system in 2.0/ROS expansion. When it comes time to pick something from utility or adventure section (whichever section has the magic find stat), EVERY smart person would just pick magic find anyway.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Just keep magic find the way it is right now (1% mf or 3% mf per paragon level or whatever it is).

who cares, let people play how they want and if that the case i will also go for magic find. Besides that blizzard making unlimited stats respec if im not wrong so again WHO CARES!
Reply Quote
I think OP is worried about people that already have multiple 100plvls.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
^^^ Why?? I really don't care.
Reply Quote
While I agree with the OP...I also feel that every category will have it's MUST max out first and maybe even second categories.

- Main stat followed by Vit
- IAS followed by CC followed by CD (the order of these could differ but I'm thinking IAS will be king with the removal of life steal and some of the abusive CC skills)
- Resist All followed by Armor
- MF followed by Pick Up Radius
Reply Quote
n this new paragon system in 2.0/ROS expansion. When it comes time to pick something from utility or adventure section (whichever section has the magic find stat), EVERY smart person would just pick magic find anyway.

Because some gearing options offer magic find that can allow us to use our paragon points for other things!

As an example take the Innas Pants vs Depth Diggers choice right now. Depth diggers gives magic find - so if we had paragon 2.0 right now, that means with depth diggers you can spend some of your paragon points elsewhere.

Another example: I crafted an awesome amulet, but one of the stats was 37% magic find. In paragon 2.0 that's not wasted!

EDIT: Yes I realize neither of these are ilvl 70 items. But the same thing can happen on whatever the new good items are.
Edited by DrPotato#1345 on 10/20/2013 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't care about magic find. And the new targeted loot system makes magic find even less useful.

I'll be getting movement speed (as mentioned above) and some pick-up radius to start. I love having a massive pick-up radius, and getting that via Paragon is just more awesome.
Reply Quote
I'm working on my 8th paragon 100 character and from experience, I am 100% confident MF is a joke of a stat.

You get what you get, no other what the hell your MF is. Legendarys drop when they want to, simple as that. If you want to find more legs per hour, you need more DPS and movement speed to clear your runs faster and kill more mobs per hour.

Playing on a high monster power will also drastically increase the amount of drops you find, but only if you can do clear the zones in a timely matter. I highly recommend mp 10 if you can do it. The 100% 'bonus' item loot chance will make a small pile of trash mobs drop more loot then any goblin or elite would ever drop at once. On MP 10 with good gear, its actually a wise idea to skip over the elites and goblins if possible and simply focus on the trash mobs after 5 NV. It will net you more loot and XP for your time played. The only thing your missing out on are the demonic essences.

This is all with the current state of the game. In loot 2.0, MF may actually become more worth while and consistently help your drops if the devs design it right with no AH influence.
Edited by EndlessBarb#1467 on 10/20/2013 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure how is magic find is useless. I been playing my 100plvl and lower charcs and there is big difference. Anyone says otherwise are mentally challenged. And once u para100 u dont even need nv stacks. What is this learn basics thread?
Reply Quote
NV stacks beyond the 300% gear/para cap.
Reply Quote
i hardly ever use the gem for the magic find, im more interested in keeping my character alive and kicking demonic !@#
Reply Quote
If the health globe is better than now, keeping a good enough gold radius may be useful. I like this idea because this is not max gold radius or zero globe radius. More affixes should be like that.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 08:21 PMPosted by EndlessBarb
Playing on a high monster power will also drastically increase the amount of drops you find, but only if you can do clear the zones in a timely matter.

I worked out the numbers here to compare MP5 to MP10. At max MF, MP10 has less than twice as many rare drops than MP5. This means that if you can do two MP5 runs in the time you can do an MP10 run, that's better for item hunting.

If MF doesn't have diminishing returns on legendary items, the same goes for that. But I don't know if that assumption is correct.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]