Diablo® III

Spirit Regen build in MP 10?

Dear Fellow Monks,

Can any1 point out a build that use lots of Spirit Regen passive/gears that can farm effeciently or even better farming at MP 10 compare to the trigen or nirvana? Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Spirit generating Primary + Tempest Rush + Empowered Bells?

I'm just gonna write my own experience running a regen monk for the first 20 or so paragon levels:

- 2 Regen SoJ + WoL crit
- 2 Regen Inna's Helm + All Res
- Templar
- SW: Inner Storm +3 Regen
- Exalted Soul +1 Regen
- Guardians Path
- MoH: Circular Breathing +3 Regen (Dropped for Overawe)
- Chant of resonance +2 Regen (Dropped for STI)

I used Skorn / Witching Hour instead of Regen Daibo / Inna's Belt + 3 Pc Innas. So I'm losing another 3 or so regen there. Not 'top' but I get about 18/sec after 47% templar and passive bonus, Good enough for 1-2 primary hits to get a bell, so you can spam it as fast as Quickening Dual-Wielders.

What I liked about it
- Huge bell damage (Empowered Bells)
- Instant full health per bell
- Tempest rush allows you to run out of effects and to interrupt big attacks.
- Fastest movement speed
- A good Skorn is so much cheaper than a good 1-hander.

Some ideas:
- Once you stack plenty of IAS, tempest rush becomes hard to maintain. Try DS:QS instead of TR if you stack high IAS.
- STI means you have to drop Chant. Usually worth it.
- Daibos are simply not worth the DPS loss.
- I prefer Deadly Reach:Strike From Beyond over Quickening. Offers superior defensive position.

What I didn't like about it:
Mantra of Healing: Circular Breathing and Chant of Resonance. Simply, the trade off to have them is too great. 24% damage for the whole party and +1200 armor. But if you drop them, the build just falls apart (7.4 Regen loss). You are unable to sustain TR, Primary efficiency drops to 2-3 hits per bells, and having Inner Storm fall off becomes a very very big problem.

Compared to Dual-Wield
- You lose MoC:Overawe (this is the single biggest factor)
- You lose Blind: FitL
- You lose significant SW damage even without WKL.
- Diversity to re-skill for public / MP games.

Other than that, with a 1381 / 187CD / 5.6LS Skorn, I could do up to MP 9 very comfortably with a regen build, but it loses in speed to my current Nirvana + Explosive Light monk for FoM + Crypts and Oasis.

The main reason I see is because of the FitL and Overawe combo. My 2 1 handers actually drop my paper DPS by 20%, but once you pop Nirvana, everything explodes.
Edited by Wilson#1580 on 10/21/2013 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you could get your spirit regen to be able to cast WoL endlessly, would be pretty fun to see. Not sure if the max regen with today's gear can handle that. Though back when I was running dual-fists with spirit regen it was almost 30/sec which was almost there! (for MP1 heh)
Reply Quote
Try the build I do. I have good regen gear though. ENDLESS BELLS!!! WOOOT!!!
Reply Quote
I absolutly love spirit regen builds, I have been messing around with a few skills and I like my current build and this is why:

1) Cycle:
One cycle works like this:
Apply 2 EP: Strong Spirit
Cyclone strike everyone to you
Empowered wave & everything explodes and you have full spirit again

Even if you mess up the first time, you should still have enough spirit to do about 3 cycles of this without running out of spirit.

2) Fighting Elites:
The great thing about FoT: Quickening is that it gets your spirit back extremely fast.
Because the bell has an attack speed modifier of 75%, if you attack speed is fast enough, you can sneak a quick hit of FoT in-between each bell, effectively giving you infinite empowered bells (with some spirit regen, currently I am sitting at 10, and I feel I need about 13-14 to make this 100% effective) I just do not want to drop MoC...
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 10:00 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
Try the build I do. I have good regen gear though. ENDLESS BELLS!!! WOOOT!!!

I can sustain bells for a long time but nothing like that, really nice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RWild-1951/hero/37139397
I normally use ep instead of boh but was running keys earlier.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Smotpoker
currently I am sitting at 10, and I feel I need about 13-14 to make this 100% effective) I just do not want to drop MoC...

I like to think of it as: Do you want to do more damage or do you want more ammo in your arsenal. I prefer ammo, it keeps me alive and it's good for crowd control. With lots of bells (think I can get around 21) I can actually direct elites and such exactly where I want them into a wall and keep them on lock down while the rest of the team either focuses on other elites/monsters or helps on the ones I have locked down.

I can sustain bells for a long time but nothing like that, really nice.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RWild-1951/hero/37139397 I normally use ep instead of boh but was running keys earlier.

Thanks! Ya EP's fun but it kind of distracts me having to play tag. With BoH I can just click it every 30 secs and focus just on bells and positioning myself with TR to cause the most damage and crowd control.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'd reccomend FoAz, but it's not ideal unless you can find a good oh and sustain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]