Diablo® III

No-gen Rend/WW w/ Rend SoJ?

After winning the bid on my Sunkeeper for pre-run NV stacks, I was wondering if acquiring a Rend Soj would also give a noticeable boost in Elite kill times over my cold/3% ww soj. Additionally, is the reduction in resource cost very noticeable? No-gen can be a pain when getting down to that last High HP gold boss! Even at 180k, I seem to do fairly well taking MP10 elites down. Have yet to try vota yet since A2 is still locked up lol.

Current gear equipped is for stacks only. Skorn, rare ring, and 8%IAS unity are thrown on afterwards.

Thoughts? Pro-tips?

Thanks in advance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sedi-1653/hero/37113985
Reply Quote
I prefer crit to ww SoJ, and I'd probably just go for a higher crit to ww for an upgrade. Makes fury generation noticeably smoother. You generally shouldn't be casting rend unless you're topped off anyways.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 10/17/2013 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think rend is a good choice as you aren't spamming it. WW or op makes a lot more sense.
Reply Quote
Sounds good. Thanks. Lurking the AH for that one perfect SoJ snipe was not an activity I was looking forward to :)
Reply Quote
Yeah, no fun at all. The higher-end ones sometimes don't even show up for days if you're picky about the affixes.
Reply Quote
View profile
I cant speak for skorn users but for dual wielder like us fury is no issue and you fight (spam) to get rid of it. REND soj makes it worse. I'd get a cheapy like mine frenzy or some other primary. if you're loaded get hota or WW.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/17/2013 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Actually a really good point Aimless. I've only run this DW elite killing set (Sunkeeper/EF, cold/ww soj, unity= 41% elite damage) a few times and seems incredibly smooth, rend soj might be to much trouble. No-gen with a skorn is pretty much impossible for me to drop them, specially once i'm out of fury and I've got no trash mobs to pull into the fray.

Disclaimer: I'm a skorn using nub. Even more nubly with no generator. I've been DW bash/ww since the beginning of time so this is a big change in my playstyle.
Edited by Sedi#1653 on 10/17/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]