Diablo® III

If rare orbs could be as good as rare weapons

What a glorious world that would be, to actually pick up another rare source...much like 1handed swords...wherein they have a chance to be better than any legendary out there.

Think they'll be working on that in RoS?
Reply Quote
How about the possibility of a 2-hander that is usable? Imagine wizards with staves.
Reply Quote
A staff on one hand and a sword on another ?

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/279/b/d/you_shall_not_pass_by_entroz-d5gjs4j.png
Reply Quote
So do you guys think RoS will again see wizards, WD, and demon hunters always have a legendary offhand?

Or do you think rares will have a chance to roll and be better?
Reply Quote
Rare Source Damage Roll:
+(28–110)–(29–405) Damage

Absolute maximum damage is 267--That's the same as a Tri, but a Tri gets a minimum +15% damage. The iLevel 63 sources are even more out of whack: +(32–130)–(33–484) Damage

Rare sources have to be able to roll HIGHER damage than legendaries/set pieces to have any chance of overcoming their inherent advantages.
Edited by Ossian#1946 on 10/20/2013 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not every slot has to be the same. I'm fine with rares being BiS in some slots (one handed weapons, gloves, amulets), legendaries in others (two handed weapons, helm, chest, belt, boots, offhand) and a few more build dependent (bracers, pants, rings).

Hell, the two handed weapons category might as well be called 'Skorn/Druin'.
Reply Quote
Not every slot has to be the same. I'm fine with rares being BiS in some slots (one handed weapons, gloves, amulets), legendaries in others (two handed weapons, helm, chest, belt, boots, offhand) and a few more build dependent (bracers, pants, rings).

LOL
CURIOUS WHAT UR MAIN ACCOUNT TAG IS??????????????????????
Reply Quote
LOL
CURIOUS WHAT UR MAIN ACCOUNT TAG IS??????????????????????

It's this account. I'm on EU. Why are you yelling?
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 10:20 AMPosted by mzy
It's this account. I'm on EU. Why are you yelling?

"GoToEurpoe"

haha that's awesome
Reply Quote
View profile

I would really prefer rares would be BIS for the most part and legendaries are the build changers that they are talking about.

If legendaries are just flat out stronger than any rare, it immediately makes the rares in that category instant junk that no one will pick up. Maybe with removal of the AH this will be less of an issue, but I really find that every wizard uses a Witching Hour (for example) really dull.

I'd rather if you want highest dps/ehp, you use a rare, but if you want something weird/cool you use a legendary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]