Diablo® III

Gesture of Orpheus

So I got this weapon as one of my first drops in Inferno, and haven't replaced it yet in the 22 Paragon levels I have been farming so far.

1318.5 Dmg
1 Socket (Marquise Emerald)
+298 Int
+6% Atk Spd
+1191 Life after kill
+213% Critical Hit Damage (that includes the Emerald, so base 103%)

The only thing that would make that weapon better is Life Steal, so I honestly just don't really see myself ever replacing it, was curious if you guys had better weapons then this for wizard
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
Hmm I can't replace my

Kill Dagger

1.61 Attacks per second
1 socket (Mara emerald)
+647-769 poison dam
+266 int
+7% AS
2.8 LS
+2 CC
Edited by Desel on 10/19/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm I can't replace my

Kill Dagger

1.61 Attacks per second
1 socket (Mara emerald)
+647-769 poison dam
+266 int
+7% AS
2.8 LS
+2 CC

Would be a great weapon for an archon build, my problem is the 103% CD I lose by switching to most other weapons, at least the ones that I have got so far
Reply Quote
That seems like a pretty wicked wand the best I found in 17 paragon lvl since I got it is

Slorak's Madness 1354.2dmg

+661-668 Lightning dmg
+299 Intel
+287 vitality
+6% atk speed
+110% critical hit
Edited by SilentStorm#11610 on 10/19/2013 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
Yes archon here..however I do have a

Sloraks Madness
1 socket (marquise)
+272 int
+6% AS
+7% magic missile
+198% CHD with gem
Reply Quote
Archon ? whats your archon wiz dps?
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
My buffed DPS is like 591. You can see my setup here http://d3up.com/b/1144372/mrdsl
Reply Quote
Mine (after expansion):
2327.1 dps
1150-1407 Arcane damage
735 int
att speed 7%
+11 arcane power
cooldown sloe time by 55%
1 socket
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
04/15/2014 10:01 PMPosted by JDCAmane
Mine (after expansion):
2327.1 dps
1150-1407 Arcane damage
735 int
att speed 7%
+11 arcane power
cooldown sloe time by 55%
1 socket

This is the console forum which doesn't yet have the expansion, however I play on PC to and even though yours is a level 70 roll and thus has higher damage than the console orpheus, I can still say the Orpheus has been totally nerfed compared to what it is on console. On PC its just one of many wands with unique affixes(in this case the slow time CDR), like Wand of Woh, or Sloraks madness.

What made the Gesture so badass on console is that it always rolled with native crit damage, usually between 90% and 110%. Couple that with a socket and a marquise gem and you had yourself a max of 220% crit damage, which is insane on a lvl 60 wand.

Its still a cool wand on PC, but its just one of many cool wands with various unique affixes.

On console Gesture of Orpheus was far and away the best wand a wizard could have, especially if you rolled life steal along with all of the above I mentioned. Then you get into the realm of Archon god mode.

Ahh. Sometimes I miss playing on console. I miss perma Archon lol.
Reply Quote
You just made me very sad, Rob...
='/
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
04/16/2014 10:41 PMPosted by LordOtto
You just made me very sad, Rob...
='/

Im sorry man :(
I wish I could give you a definite answer on whether Archon will or wont be a viable build when all the dust settles, but its still to early to tell. Reaper of Souls on PC is in a constant state of flux. Patches and hotfixes that change all manner of the games parameters and mechanics happen constantly and without warning. Many changes are "stealth changes" and not even mentioned in the patch notes.

Currently I have heard of people who have gotten the cooldown on Archon down to a point close enough to attain a "near perma Archon" state but it requires all sorts of various gear and set bonuses, maximizing cooldown reductions in paragon points and on gear, and exploiting a bug in the game causing the shrine effect "empowerment"(the bonus where your cooldowns are drastically reduced) to last for an hour instead of the 10 minutes it should be using a legendary called the "gloves of worship"

The Vyr set bonus gives Archon the effect of all runes and at least while Archon is active it becomes drastically more powerful when you can kill lots of enemies quickly.

its still really early in the games life dude, so don't lose hope yet. As I said the game is constantly changing and everything I just posted could be completely changed tomorrow or the day after.
One thing the PC has is a much larger player base and a lot of really really smart players. If in the end perma Archon can be done, someone will find a way to do it.
Reply Quote
This is my PC account(Tulsalock) Otto if you want to check out what Ive got going on so far. Basically a Disintegrate build. Ive been using it for while, but a recent buff to the way the Arcane Dynamo passive works just made it a lot better so, that, along with the recent nerf to Frozen orb has made disintegrate builds much more popular in recent days.

Playstyle is similar to Archon, but Id be lying if I said it even comes to close to Archon. In fact my level 70 PC character would get her butt handed to her by my console level 60 super Archon. lol
Edited by SBUDL#1327 on 4/17/2014 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How I would love to keep hoping... But I have no doubt Blizz will close any exploits in this matter and prevent Perma-Archon. With the new mechanics, that thing would just obliterate the game.
=/

Pepper... That red orb of hatred... <3
If you could just combine that awesome stuff with the awesome pre-RoS Archon, it'd be 400% MORE AWESOME!!! Standard Disintegrate just ain't the same...
=/
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
04/17/2014 03:11 AMPosted by LordOtto
How I would love to keep hoping... But I have no doubt Blizz will close any exploits in this matter and prevent Perma-Archon. With the new mechanics, that thing would just obliterate the game.
=/

Ahh but therein lies the rub. On PC, absolutely. Blizzard can patch and make changes whenever they see fit(you are really at their mercy on PC and they never tire of letting you know it lol)

But the console release, whenever it happens, will likely again be a static snapshot of the PC game at a certain point in time. The key question then becomes is perma archon possible in THAT version of the game.

For instance, as an example, if ROS was released on console tommorow based on the PC games current state I could tell you yes, its possible, or near possible. Its difficult and requires alot of gear drop RNG luck, but its possible.

So it really will depend on where the game is AT the time its released for console. On the PC, yea, Im certain Blizzard will eventually eradicate it, but not right away. As I said, there are alot of really clever players on PC who will find ways around it in spite of Blizzards nerfs.
Reply Quote
Guess we'll see when the time has come. Considering how Blizz openly admitted they dislike Archon, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 11:00 PMPosted by LordOtto
Considering how Blizz openly admitted they dislike Archon

Yea. What the hell is wrong with them anyway? I mean, whats not to like? Since ROS came out ive used a lightning build, the frozen orb build, and now disintegrate, and none of them compare to the awesome purple harbinger of death that is Archon.
Reply Quote
Well, they wanted a bit more variety in gameplay. Holding down one button or three wasn't their vision of Diablo gameplay. But I say they should let us play how we want to, 'cause... Well, we're the PLAYERS, it's in the name!
(^_^);
That idea is also pretty ambitious, I mean, sooner or later one or two builds will emerge as the best and people will play that. So it might be a better approach to buff the lesser-used builds instead of nerfing everything popular. Just my opinion.

On the good side, I saw a few RoS-Archon vids and mayyybe that "Almost-Zero-Cooldown-Archon" would be viable for the game. You know, slightly decrease Archon's damage output and let players shave off cooldown by skills and gear and paragon to almost zero. We had our Archon, it wouldn't be overpowered, and the ten seconds or so out of Archon could be where you had to come up with interesting ideas. I'd be happy with that. Kinda.
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
04/18/2014 09:06 AMPosted by LordOtto
That idea is also pretty ambitious, I mean, sooner or later one or two builds will emerge as the best and people will play that. So it might be a better approach to buff the lesser-used builds instead of nerfing everything popular. Just my opinion.

Its already happening. Because of the nerf to frozen orb and the buff to arcane dyamo tons more people are flocking to disintegrate. And anyone who finds a wand of woh is going with some variation of the chainpocalypse build. No matter what there will always be one or two builds better than the rest.

04/18/2014 09:06 AMPosted by LordOtto
On the good side, I saw a few RoS-Archon vids and mayyybe that "Almost-Zero-Cooldown-Archon" would be viable for the game. You know, slightly decrease Archon's damage output and let players shave off cooldown by skills and gear and paragon to almost zero. We had our Archon, it wouldn't be overpowered, and the ten seconds or so out of Archon could be where you had to come up with interesting ideas. I'd be happy with that. Kinda.

I honestly don't think blizzard will bother nerfing this stuff at all. Its very different from the old Archon build and much more difficult to achieve. Anyone could do the old Archon build. Just stack CC,CD,IAS,LS, find yourself a good wand and your set to go. That's why Archon was so rampant, cuz anyone could do it and it was the best.

This new way requires tons of luck as far as gear drops go. You have to sacrifice alot of damage to stack CDR on all these pieces of gear that you could otherwise use for more useful things like CC,CD or +% skill/elemental bonus's. People are getting theyre CDR up into the 70% range to make this happen. That is really really diffcult to do because CDR gives diminishing returns the more pieces of gear you stack with it.
The people who can attain a near perma Archon state should be able to keep it because they busted their butts to get it and gave up alot of more useful gear affixes to get that CDR.
Edited by Tulsalock on 4/18/2014 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yup, works for me!
(^_^)
Reply Quote
not good
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]