Diablo® III

Loot

Alright, sense the patch for the ps3 elites now drop way less loot I beat some bosses and get nothing but usually now 1-2 items drop before there was 5-6 I think the chance to get legendary items is just a little better but over all it is down and I'm not the only person that thinks so....
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Rogue
You aren't the only one that thinks so. After the patch was applied to 360 yesterday, there was a rant in the console forum. Blue confirmed, nothing changed:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10195021040?page=3#44
Reply Quote
Blues can say what they want.... alot of players have noticed the decrease so something happened don't believe what they say about the loot decrease
Reply Quote
Well it is even worse than just decreasing...

On easy mode me and all my friends are getting legendaries and Rares left right and center, but if we load up Master 1-5 barely anything drops, and i'm not talking about the rarity, literaly barely anything drops.

(XBOX)
Reply Quote
Same with ps3 but I ha e not tryed playing on easy I have only played in master but I can tell u this I anlm currently running M3 with Max MF (500) stacked with NV...,(TOTAL MF 575%) and I hardly find any legendary items or if I do the r junk to me as in I wont use them so Idk seems like it don't matter to blizzard much. I have fun multiple legendary that r the same that get stashed cause the item I crafted it better I also lost all my best legendarys not to long ago I posted about that and got no reply
Reply Quote
Good to see another ticket on this exists, lets hope we can get a reply from blizzard soon..

Im done with just getting tomes for playing the hardest difficulty.
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Tormentor392
sense the patch for the ps3

10/24/2013 12:16 PMPosted by TGxPriest
lets hope we can get a reply from blizzard soon..

They have already replied, some of you have chosen not to believe them. I am unsure what else you would expect to hear?

For reference, here is the post:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10195021040?page=3#44
Reply Quote
That is the standard community manager/CS reply.. common in the games industry.

I'm not saying the patch changed anything as i have no knowledge of that, all i know is that Easy difficulty drops Weapons, Armor, Gems and Tomes whereas Master drops barely anything.. bar the tomes.

Its not just rarity, otherwise you would see me complaining about the lack of say legendaries or something.

Just barely anything drops at all from mobs.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I think a lot of the confusion about this may stem from the fact that players may not be aware of some of the changes to loot drops we have in place on the console version of Diablo III that are not present on the PC version (yet). While I won't go into the specific nuts and bolts of how loot is handled at different difficulties, I can provide a bit of insight on how this all works to hopefully clear up some confusion.

To start with, here are a few facts:
1. As you go upwards in game difficulty, you have a lower chance to see low-quality items drop.
2. As you go upwards in game difficulty, the loot that does drop will be of a higher quality overall.
3. This has been the case in the console versions of Diablo III since the game launched.

So, what we did for consoles was make it so that you are getting, on average, less loot, but you are getting better quality loot from the drops you do get as you level. At lower levels you are frequently upgrading gear, so there is more value in getting lower quality items in such abundance. As you move upwards towards level 60 and inferno mode however, most common, magic, and even many rare items become less desirable as upgrades and end up as vendor/salvage fodder. Rather than forcing high level heroes to constantly play the inventory game, we decided to cut out the middle man and basically convert the value of most low quality items you would see directly into extra gold drops. The thought being that with less junk to clutter up your inventory, you can spend more time smashing demons rather than standing in front of vendors.

I hope that clears up some confusion about how loot works (and has always worked) on console.
Reply Quote
Thanks Tsarnis!

The only point I'd like to add is on the quality. If in the higher difficulties level 60 gear is getting cut out do to being "low quality" we are losing out on crafting mats making it harder/take longer to craft.

That's a big if of course, suppose it depends on the definition Blizzard has on "low quality".

With that said, I personally like the change. Keeps the focus on killing :D
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Like I said, I don't want to get into the nuts and bolts, but when I say low quality I mean Common (Gray/White) and Magical (Blue) items. Rare (Yellow) items have very slightly altered drop rates at higher levels, but in practice this directly translates to more high-level Legendary items.

Additionally, this is armor, jewelry, and weapons only. Any other materials that drop such as Demonic Essences, Gems, and Tomes are unaffected.
Edited by Tsarnis on 10/28/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks much Tsarnis!
Reply Quote
Like I said, I don't want to get into the nuts and bolts, but when I say low quality I mean Common (Gray/White) and Magical (Blue) items. Rare (Yellow) items have very slightly altered drop rates at higher levels, but in practice this directly translates to more high-level Legendary items.

Additionally, this is armor, jewelry, and weapons only. Any other materials that drop such as Demonic Essences, Gems, and Tomes are unaffected.

One question I have Tsarnis, since hitting 60 on console on a couple different toons, I rarely see an upgrade, whether it be rare or legendary. For example, right after I hit 60, I found a nice rare 1 handed sword for my WD, and after about 120 hours have yet to find an upgrade for it. Seems like the progression just stops at a certain point. I'm at about 180k dps, and haven't found any upgrades in a very long time. It would be nice to somehow implement a system that still gave upgrades to players at max levels. It doesn't really seem like I have any reason to play after 60, as the upgrades have just stopped coming, I think for me the most fun I have is finding those upgrades, and becoming more and more powerful. That is lacking post 60.
Reply Quote
10/28/2013 10:20 AMPosted by HubbyBubby
That is lacking post 60.

This is the inevitable gear wall that will come HubbyBubby. As you get better and better it gets less likely to find an upgrade. Your real goal post 60 is finding better rolls on the gear which will give you the upgrade. Increased attack speed, crit chance, and crit damage should be the focus. If you can find items with these three attributes you'll see your DPS soar.

Diablo is all about farming as I am sure you know, post 60 its about finding those perfect rolls. Upgrades come much much slower. You can stack MF as best as you can and run the highest Master you can farm efficiently at to improve your odds. I would recommend grouping as it's easier that way IMO. Alternatively focus on crafting, the amulets can really give you a boost if you can get a roll with the above 3 affixes.

Should this not be the way you want to play then starting a new character is probably your best bet.
Reply Quote
Thanks. I had not considered grouping since starting the console version. I shall give it a try :)
Reply Quote
To start with, here are a few facts:
1. As you go upwards in game difficulty, you have a lower chance to see low-quality items drop.
2. As you go upwards in game difficulty, the loot that does drop will be of a higher quality overall.
3. This has been the case in the console versions of Diablo III since the game launched.

10/28/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Tsarnis
Rather than forcing high level heroes to constantly play the inventory game, we decided to cut out the middle man and basically convert the value of most low quality items you would see directly into extra gold drops. The thought being that with less junk to clutter up your inventory, you can spend more time smashing demons rather than standing in front of vendors.

These features sounds really nice, i'm hoping sometime they will appear in the PC version too.
Edited by ssanyesz#2866 on 10/28/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/28/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Tsarnis
Rare (Yellow) items have very slightly altered drop rates at higher levels,

With loot quality improved proportionately, I was really hoping for at least 80% reduction in number of yellows.

Very much love the proposed changes for whites and blues!
Reply Quote
I wonder if they will ever give us the option to 'hide' different levels of loot...

Farming MP10 is a chore atm, and the new system will help tremendously.. but I still dont see the harm in simply giving us a dropdown menu in options which allows us to hide certain types of loot.
Edited by Defector#1799 on 10/28/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can Bizzard implement a button that put all the jewelry, materials, Gems, and Tomes from player's inventory into stash.
It only works when player near the stash.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]