Diablo® III

Loot

10/28/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Tsarnis
basically convert the value of most low quality items you would see directly into extra gold drops.

Good idea...can't wait to see this in action for PC. No really, can't wait :-).
Reply Quote
The idea is great, but when farming with my wizard I only get drops that have main stat INT on them. I'd love to farm for barb gear with my wiz, but this doesn't seem to yield STR based gear. Rarely and I mean rarely have I found a piece of gear that is for another class. Why is that?
Reply Quote
The idea is great, but when farming with my wizard I only get drops that have main stat INT on them. I'd love to farm for barb gear with my wiz, but this doesn't seem to yield STR based gear. Rarely and I mean rarely have I found a piece of gear that is for another class. Why is that?

It's part of the new loot system. It seems Blizzard wants you to play the game to gear your character.

On the console the items that drop will be tailored to the class you are playing rather than completely random. If you are playing a DEX character you will get mostly DEX items. Blizzard calls it Smart Loot.

If you want loot for another class you will need to play that class.
Reply Quote
10/30/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Audial
Blizzard calls it Smart Loot.

It is indeed exactly as you said. I'm just wondering what to do with my 450 INT Skorn haha
Reply Quote
Like I said, I don't want to get into the nuts and bolts, but when I say low quality I mean Common (Gray/White) and Magical (Blue) items. Rare (Yellow) items have very slightly altered drop rates at higher levels, but in practice this directly translates to more high-level Legendary items.

Additionally, this is armor, jewelry, and weapons only. Any other materials that drop such as Demonic Essences, Gems, and Tomes are unaffected.

Yet what I see is far less legendary items, and WAY more of the other stuff. It rained legs on the way to inferno, since my first run through inferno, the drop rate have plummeted(this is over the course of at least a month of playing, and it happened before the patch). Ive only seen 1 set item(my chest), im using the same 2 weapons I got in act 1 of my first run in inferno, the same helmet, the same shoulders, the same pants, the same boots, the same bracers.. The only thing that has changed consistently are my rings and ammys. And even my rings arent changing anymore, since i got that set of rings(name escapes me). So, now my rings are close to as good as it gets, thats awesome. My shoulders are probably pretty close too, but the rest of the stuff has a long way to go.

Part of the problem is that 75-80% of the drops I get are weapons, rings, and ammys. Armor drops are so few and far between. Its not even that my gear has gotten so good, its that no armor ever drops. Weapons are a totally different problem though, because crit damage has so much weight, as does life steal, there are tons of amazing weapons you just cant use because they lack life steal or sockets. My butchers cleaver has a socket, plus innate crit damage and life steal. Thats the only weapon ive seen with that combo. Even though its only 1200 DPS, it destroys eveything else. 1500 DPS 1hs can stand up to that because they lack crit damage. It really makes the weapon hunt suck. Im really happy they are looking to curb that issue in the xpack. My other weapon has life steal, a socket, and 25% bonus lightning damage. Its the best monk offhand, so i was just super lucky to get that early(no complaints there).

Anyway, i got off topic. Id really like to know exactly what those nuts and bolts are though. Because going from, "OMG this is greatest game ever!!" back to "am i playing the PC game again?" has not been fun.
Reply Quote
Id really like to know exactly what those nuts and bolts are though. Because going from, "OMG this is greatest game ever!!" back to "am i playing the PC game again?" has not been fun.

10/31/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Ghozzt
It rained legs on the way to inferno, since my first run through inferno, the drop rate have plummeted(this is over the course of at least a month of playing, and it happened before the patch)

This is the real issue.
I continue to see this exact experience posted again and again, thread after thread.
I can't be the only one to notice that there is an overly large amount of players having the exact same experience in game.
Start new char, play new char all the way to the end of the game, beat inferno Diablo, farm for some more of this epic gear that I've been getting so far. Play for hours and hours, come to the realization that nothing is dropping anywhere near the quality items that you found during that first play through. There is more to the system than rng.
Reply Quote
read alot of these im not having a problem in 10 hours of play, inferno master-1, mf 265% i have got 13 leg, 2 set and countless rares, almost all in act 1 and 2. most of them came from chest, a couple from mobs not one from any boss except diablo, got one ring. only problem i have is i cant get anything for my DH. i get all swords and boots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]