Diablo® III

Datamined info:Goodbye Barbs. Dh lmao

Just took a look at the most recent datamined info and every single decent skill the barb used is gone. Figured they were gonna nerf the barb but damn they nerfed this fool into the ground, I dont even reconize this fool anymore. I really thought they would buff the Dh a lot but without Shadow power and LS this class is useless. Thank god i dont have to sell my barb gear because i can just transfer all of it over to the Crusader or i really would have been screwed.

http://www.diablo3.org/news/new-demon-hunter-changes#.Ul6VpVCsim4 DH: info

http://www.diablo3.org/news/new-barbarian-changes#.Ul6T6lCsim4 Barb info
Reply Quote
Worth mentioning is what blues have already been saying; that all datamined data we can see now is subject to change and may not reflect the final product.

I wouldn't go crazy about this just yet considering RoS isn't even close to release.
Edited by Saphiras#2613 on 10/16/2013 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Worth mentioning is what blues have already been saying; that all datamined data we can see now is subject to change and may not reflect the final product.

I wouldn't go crazy about this just yet considering RoS isn't even close to release.
Agreed but you can still see the direction that they are going and they going back to the boring tank days where you had to go inch by inch just to progress thru a group of monsters and if thats the case i want no part of it. But as you said we need to wait til at least the PTR is up or even Blizcon
Reply Quote
Did you know that the mechanics will change in ROS?

If they nerf something, its almost sure that is for some reason....

I really hate when people say: omg, they nerf xxx, my class isn't viable anymore.... JUST DEAL WITH IT AND KEEP PLAYING, with some more time investment you will reach the same floor that you were... in this case, they are removing the ls from abilities TO ALL CHARACTERS...

Also, as saphiras said, all is subject to change, you won't know if all these changes will make to the launch... also you don't know if life steal will be SO neccesary at lvl 70, ALSO you don't know how it will the lvl 70 gear.... only a pair of items were shown and those items changed 2 or 3 times already...
Reply Quote
Good barbs wont go anywhere. Lazy slobs that only play barb because they have a god-mode will go away, and I don't see a problem with that.
Reply Quote
Did you know that the mechanics will change in ROS?

If they nerf something, its almost sure that is for some reason....

I really hate when people say: omg, they nerf xxx, my class isn't viable anymore.... JUST DEAL WITH IT AND KEEP PLAYING, with some more time investment you will reach the same floor that you were... in this case, they are removing the ls from abilities TO ALL CHARACTERS...

Also, as saphiras said, all is subject to change, you won't know if all these changes will make to the launch... also you don't know if life steal will be SO neccesary at lvl 70, ALSO you don't know how it will the lvl 70 gear.... only a pair of items were shown and those items changed 2 or 3 times already...
I dont have a problem with the LS as much as the destruction of the WW build it was the funnest build out of all other builds and now it is gone. Deal with it? Its a game bro im not shedding tears over a game all i am doing is giving facts. The barb is done hell probably even worst than the DH. And the reason is the barbs now have NO decent resource generators. BR/Into the Fray was the only thing keeping the barb alive and now thats gone.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Gewalt
Good barbs wont go anywhere. Lazy slobs that only play barb because they have a god-mode will go away, and I don't see a problem with that.
Whats your definition of a good barb? A tank that moves slower than my dead Great Grandmother?

10/16/2013 07:17 AMPosted by StoneOld
This passage just struck me as funny. I can just hear the guy saying it with bewilderment and disbelief. LOL...Well written.
lol thought i would get a few laughs out of that
Reply Quote
lol so many barb noobies QQ ing here.

is it just me or any barb here can imagine the next dynamic barb build where you can clip mobs and pull em towards you while ww : hurricane and rend em then go to next pack? use mighty weapon to keep fury up. this open up to so many possibilities. sure its a nerf, but a decent minded barb know its broken.
Edited by kamVINCI#6459 on 10/16/2013 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It would be nice to think that the devs show some integrity & not turn around & change something they're planing to implement, unlike what they have done in the past. But Barbs aren't the softest character any more. Softest as in easiest, the Wiz & WD have taken that title.

Devs, make the game you want people to play instead of catering to some jelly backs.

"You can do it."
Reply Quote
Posted by Gewalt

Whats your definition of a good barb? A tank that moves slower than my dead Great Grandmother?

Cause they are removing spring and whirlwind right? taking that !@#$ right off your toolbar!
Reply Quote
You realize the new king of OP will be the crusader right? Just like in every other Blizzard expansion, the spotlight needs to be on the new class.

And barb had its time, now its time to gather dust.

Also please, there's nothing faster in this game than a barb. Time to get brought back in line with the other classes instead of using legit speed hacks 24/7.
Oh that was taken with WOTB nerfed but all the other nerfs are not needed. The barb wont only be slower than every other class it will be no where near as fast as the other classes. The DH although the nerf to SP Still got a few decent buffs especially to Rapid fire/Bombardment 800%dmg now. You will now have to go Straight up tank with the barb. Trust me ive tested it. i got up to 15k armor 900+ AR still had 190k dps while nearly all of my skills and passives went into Defense. Still couldnt kill an elite on mp 7 let alone anything higher.
Reply Quote
Posted by Gewalt

Cause they are removing spring and whirlwind right? taking that !@#$ right off your toolbar!
No lol because they have now no more BR/Into the fray, WOTB(Fine with this actually) and as you said no more Sprint and WW. Unless the barbs now regenerate their resource as fast as Wiz's then they have no chance in hell in this game(No pun intended).
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Jt3z
Trust me ive tested it.

you dont have access to ROS, you have nothing to test.
Reply Quote
I have a few concerns about this information but as someone has already pointed out, this information can indeed change.

Though I much agree with weapon throw being converted into a fury generator, I preferred using dread bomb rune, for fun.
Use the general WotB/WW fury gen build with dread Bomb and unleash splashes 1 mil crit, though this build was no where near to the effceincy of WotB/Hota due to the amount of fury to needed to have the large crits it was just fun to utilize.

I see a lot of cool changes to DH and Barb to make other builds viable, but they really take the fun out when they nerf the current builds so much that the only means of having a working toon in the release is to retool them completely into a fresh build.
Reply Quote
You realize the new king of OP will be the crusader right? Just like in every other Blizzard expansion, the spotlight needs to be on the new class.

And barb had its time, now its time to gather dust.

Also please, there's nothing faster in this game than a barb. Time to get brought back in line with the other classes instead of using legit speed hacks 24/7.
Oh that was taken with WOTB nerfed but all the other nerfs are not needed. The barb wont only be slower than every other class it will be no where near as fast as the other classes. The DH although the nerf to SP Still got a few decent buffs especially to Rapid fire/Bombardment 800%dmg now. You will now have to go Straight up tank with the barb. Trust me ive tested it. i got up to 15k armor 900+ AR still had 190k dps while nearly all of my skills and passives went into Defense. Still couldnt kill an elite on mp 7 let alone anything higher.

lets just hope that they balance the difficulty properly cause without the AH i can only see the game getting more easy. they wont wana make the game hard when theyre taking away the ability to easily gear up through AH. theres so many that we dont know yet and well have to wait until beta to QQ, right now its pointless.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/16/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Jt3z
but without Shadow power and LS this class is useless.

I like how you think you can predict the future based on limited information subject to change.

What do we know about difficulty scaling? Mob damage? Elite damage? Mob health? LoH effectiveness? Life Regeneration? Health Globes? Armor and Resistances? Is there some other mechanic in the works of which we have no knowledge?
Reply Quote
lol so many barb noobies QQ ing here.

is it just me or any barb here can imagine the next dynamic barb build where you can clip mobs and pull em towards you while ww : hurricane and rend em then go to next pack? use mighty weapon to keep fury up. this open up to so many possibilities. sure its a nerf, but a decent minded barb know its broken.
So you want them to force us to use Might weps? isnt that what they wanna get away from? Forcing players to gear and play a certain way.
Reply Quote

No lol because they have now no more BR/Into the fray, WOTB(Fine with this actually) and as you said no more Sprint and WW. Unless the barbs now regenerate their resource as fast as Wiz's then they have no chance in hell in this game(No pun intended).

ww/rltw still possible man. tried it using mighty weapons + weapon masters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]