Diablo® III

Datamined info:Goodbye Barbs. Dh lmao

Fastest mp0-1 farmer is a Wiz with Reactive Armor/Electrocute/Blizzard and Arcane Torrent for elites
(with SoJ for 30% and -5 for AT).
Everything just melts away and you don't have to get melee range just blast'em when you see'em.

You don't have a wizard...
Reply Quote
MVP
Tias, when I play my necromancer I DO NOT recover manager when casting my main spell Teeth.

It may have worked well for a Paladin or Barb, but not my Bonemancer.

Currently none of my D3 characters have issues with manager. (Except maybe my Demon Hunter's hatred, but I will admit it is broken)

Perhaps your view on resources is skewed because you play a class with broken regeneration, but no other class has resource issues.

My WD gets mana from Globes.
My HC Barb has many fury generators and plays just fine.
My Wizard has like 20 APoC and has no issues.
My Monk only has Spirit issues with a small amount of enemies.

This argument is about the Barb and Into the Fray which I only use on one of my barbs because it's built to burn fury.
Reply Quote
so many crying noobarians in here mad they might not be able to have god mode anymore and might actually have to play the game with any form of a challenge... LOL! lawd forbid they might actually have to try!
Reply Quote
I have always played a barb, but tried other classes also. I will possibly try new class, but will have barb as main one.

My impression from all the information put out is that playing a barb will no fun any more as it has expected barb qualities nerfed or removed.

How good will loot 2.0 be? Will RNG still be a brick wall for a lot of players as it is now?
Gear will determine whether changes will be ok.

I will not buy RoS until I am sure game play is acceptable.

We need more Blizzard information re changes to clarify what is coming.

Not impressed by package so far.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
10/19/2013 03:44 PMPosted by DrothVader
Tias, when I play my necromancer I DO NOT recover manager when casting my main spell Teeth.

Yeah, that's classified under "magic" damage. I hinted at that being the one flaw in D2's leech system. But if you have no gear with any of the following on it to help sustain you better for a longer period of time, you're not really going to last long:

+mana
+energy
+mana or energy/cLV

Mind you, I'm not saying D2 even with all of the options it had was perfect, but D3's only improvement upon it in the current system is that all damage counts for leeching in life steal.

Currently none of my D3 characters have issues with manager. (Except maybe my Demon Hunter's hatred, but I will admit it is broken)

Perhaps your view on resources is skewed because you play a class with broken regeneration, but no other class has resource issues.

And each one of the following in your list requires a rather specific build/gear makeup. That is, you aren't getting those benefits baseline:

My WD gets mana from Globes.

Requires either specific skills (which take away dramatically from other skills in the process) or gear loaded with pickup radius to utilize that ability with lots of weaker monsters while you down a stronger set.

You're also running most of your skills with some form of mana regeneration, which highlights my points pretty damned well: You did so just to overcome the pathetic baseline regeneration. Run actual damage skills without focusing purely on mana regeneration as you have in that build and your WD suddenly feels like your D2 Necromancer did.

Fun, isn't it?

My Wizard has like 20 APoC and has no issues.

This requires a ridiculously high level of gear, needing both insane crit and high APoC. Again, not baseline in terms of how it is regenerated. Highlights that obviously the baseline regeneration here sucks bigtime too.

My HC Barb has many fury generators and plays just fine.

The Barbarian has actual damage coming from its fury generators, along with even better damage coming from its spenders. Welcome to the outlier class. The rest of the classes would like some of your generation love given to them.

My Monk only has Spirit issues with a small amount of enemies.

Your Monk is running with two damage abilities. One is a generator, the other is a fire and forget it unless you are unable to hit a neary monster before Sweeping Wind's timer runs out. Try a build with WoL and see how your spirit regeneration is without at least +10 spirit/second on your gear.

Monks have no baseline regeneration at all.

The entire point, which you've highlighted pretty well, is that regeneration across the board (even Barbarians to a degree) sucks. Using things like Into the Fray to overcome the lack of natural resource regeneration for nearly every build that doesn't purely use generators shows it's a crutch and the system needs redesigning.

Overall the costs of spenders are out of whack with current regeneration capabilities unless you overcome that with uber gear, making you feel weak for far too long until you do so.

Not cool.

The problem that players don't want to see repeated is having to gimp your output to have any form of diversity or gimp your sustainability to have any output. Both designs go completely against the concept of building your characters into gods amongst the people.

I'm hoping the BlizzCon revelations about RoS offer a glimpse of a better future. Just remember though how your Warlock felt once MoP hit and try to consider that others might not enjoy such a drastic transition.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 03:39 AMPosted by Jt3z
If I don't buy the expansion, does that mean, D3 will remain the same for me?
The next patch is sure to feature loot 2.0 para 2.0 and skills 2.0 so no you will still get the changes just no lvl 70 things and the crusader

I'm willing to miss out on the expansion for as long as I can keep my barb the way it is now. :-)
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 06:20 AMPosted by MasterPUA
I'm willing to miss out on the expansion for as long as I can keep my barb the way it is now. :-)

Loot 2.0 para 2.0 and skills 2.0 will be release with a pre extension patch. I think you won't be able to do that. Missing the extension won't change anything.
Edited by holce#2777 on 10/20/2013 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 10:05 PMPosted by TheTias
Your Monk is running with two damage abilities. One is a generator, the other is a fire and forget it unless you are unable to hit a neary monster before Sweeping Wind's timer runs out. Try a build with WoL and see how your spirit regeneration is without at least +10 spirit/second on your gear.

I have 5 regen. Because Fists of Thunder is an actually good generator, I could drop pillars quite often. I could drop as low as 1 regen and it wouldn't make a huge difference (0 regen means no +100 max spirit, which would hurt). But like he said, because it's x spirit per enemy hit against smaller numbers of enemies it's less effective.

On a Barb you have two really bad single target skills and one really bad small AoE skill that doesn't give fury per enemy hit.

Big difference here.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 06:20 AMPosted by MasterPUA
Sorry your gonna have to get the changes

I have 5 regen. Because Fists of Thunder is an actually good generator, I could drop pillars quite often. I could drop as low as 1 regen and it wouldn't make a huge difference (0 regen means no +100 max spirit, which would hurt). But like he said, because it's x spirit per enemy hit against smaller numbers of enemies it's less effective.

On a Barb you have two really bad single target skills and one really bad small AoE skill that doesn't give fury per enemy hit.

Big difference here.
Exactly.
Reply Quote
Strawmanning
A type of trolling where the Troller attempts to pwn someone by claiming something they said means something totally different to what that actually meant.
Innocent Person: "I think it is important that school children wear school uniforms".

/sigh

A straw man is actually a logical fallacy. Please don't try to lecture me on something that I've actually studied. I built up a logical conclusion of you're complaints that D3s build is sooo much more difficult than D2s (lulz), and then posed the question if you wanted a simplistic build, which you avoided.

None of that really matters as, again, it is POINTLESS to compare builds between the 2 games.

10/19/2013 02:53 PMPosted by pkthebird
Apparently to Martimus's opinion, people don't care about pvp. Even though thousands of players participate in it, host tournaments or bought the game desiring that feature.

See that's just outright lying. Want me to define that for you? Let's look at my quote a little more in depth:

PvP is also joke, a large majority don't care for it,

Notice how I qualified my statement, and did NOT state that no one cares for PvP. Of course people care for it. However, Diablo is a PvE game first, that Blizz has said they will not balance for PvP.

Furthermore, with the ability to respec at will, it doesn't even matter how builds compare between PvP and PvE because you're not locked into both modes with just 1 build, like in D2, and therefore you do no need to make a trade off. Yes the WW build sucks in PvP. Does that matter when I can instantly switch to another build for a duel? No.

10/19/2013 02:53 PMPosted by pkthebird
Apparently to Martimus's opinion low level farming doesn't count, even if it is all a player has is a low level character to farm with. Never mind other class cans outshines a barb at farming when it comes to normal-inferno or in lower mp's

And you clearly have selective reading issues.Like I said and if you understood anything about the game you'd understand that a lesser geared char can still use the WW build perfectly fine at low MPs. As long as they dont outgear the content, WW build works extremely well. It's only when you start outgearing the content that the other builds start to shine, and that takes a significant amount of gold, compared to gearing for the appropriate MP level.

So what if at extremely geared levels there are other builds that farm low MPs faster? A barb doesn't need to farm low MPs that they outgear when they can farm high MPs just fine. And heaven forbid that there's some downside to the build that is literally able to farm the fastest amount with an extremely low cost. Even XP farming is done best by WW builds.

That's all besides my point that BR is an extremely restrictive and extremely overpowered skill. A point that you keep avoiding. If Barbs want build diversity and a more complex gearing process, then BR needs to go.

In short, learn how to read and debate. Do not try to lecture me on rhetoric when you wouldnt be able to logically reason your way out of a paper bag.
Edited by Martimus#1266 on 10/20/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Spectral
Right, so this guy is just a troll who I have given enough chances.

Ahahaha. Alright buddy let me pose this question for you. How would you balance the barbarian so that other fury gen options are just as viable as BR? I'd love to understand how you would make other skills or playstyles viable without making the Barb even more overpowered.

I mean you're so smart and can predict the future. Please, why don't you give the devs some ideas instead of just claiming that because the Barbs standard fury generators are bad and using fury gens are boring, being stuck with a mandatory skill that greatly simplifies the gearing process is ok.
Reply Quote
LOL martimus still trolling. Get off the forums ya goober.
Reply Quote
Just took a look at the most recent datamined info and every single decent skill the barb used is gone. Figured they were gonna nerf the barb but damn they nerfed this fool into the ground, I dont even reconize this fool anymore. I really thought they would buff the Dh a lot but without Shadow power and LS this class is useless. Thank god i dont have to sell my barb gear because i can just transfer all of it over to the Crusader or i really would have been screwed.

http://www.diablo3.org/news/new-demon-hunter-changes#.Ul6VpVCsim4 DH: info

http://www.diablo3.org/news/new-barbarian-changes#.Ul6T6lCsim4 Barb info

The way I see it; will every D3 character have at least one build to be able to solo content in a 4 player game? Cause if they can't, D3 < D2.

So many comments about nerf barbs, those players either definitely played WoW or weren't good at D2, which would cause them not to remember D2 right. D2 players that had some awesome gear that they found and knew how to play their toon, would be saying BUFF the other characters.
Reply Quote
LOL martimus still trolling. Get off the forums ya goober.

Make me? Not sure what part of my post constitutes trolling, but yours adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.
Reply Quote
Martimus, fail troll has fail :)
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 04:34 PMPosted by pkthebird
Martimus, fail troll has fail :)
Hes a troll because he has a opinion? This is whats wrong with this community, its run by a bunch of childish morons.
Reply Quote
God you are an idiot -Jt3z

Good lord imagine the guy who first found it..Ugh he just lost 8 grand haha what a LOSER -Jt3z

Are you Obama? -Jt3z

1.Barrack Obama 2,Barrack Obama 3.Barrack Obama 4.Barrack Obama 5.Barrack Obama 6.Barrack Obama 7.Barrack Obama 8.Barrack Obama 9.Barrack Obama 10.The 52% that put him back in office -Jt3z

Most likely stupid. -Jt3z

This is whats wrong with this community, its run by a bunch of childish morons -Jt3z

The irony...

Spamming, strawmans, insults, and naming calling isn't trolling. It just an "opinion?" Be sure to tell that to the mods. Seems legit.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
Edited by pkthebird#1549 on 10/21/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just took a look at the most recent datamined info and every single decent skill the barb used is gone. Figured they were gonna nerf the barb but damn they nerfed this fool into the ground, I dont even reconize this fool anymore. I really thought they would buff the Dh a lot but without Shadow power and LS this class is useless. Thank god i dont have to sell my barb gear because i can just transfer all of it over to the Crusader or i really would have been screwed.

http://www.diablo3.org/news/new-demon-hunter-changes#.Ul6VpVCsim4 DH: info

http://www.diablo3.org/news/new-barbarian-changes#.Ul6T6lCsim4 Barb info

are u mad because barb won't be the brainless OP hero anymore?

how tastes your tears? ahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]