Diablo® III

Datamined info:Goodbye Barbs. Dh lmao

Wow! They f***ed the Barb for good! And the DH is not far behind... I'm afraid of what they'll do to the Wiz and the Monk... O_O
Reply Quote
MVP
10/16/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Gewalt
Good barbs wont go anywhere.

I'll still play a Barbarian regardless because I actually like the Barbarian class for something other than the Whirlwind spec.

You guys are freaking out over too many unknowns. It looks like (And this is the proper way to fix this game) they're removing all excessive synergies between spells. The goal is to make every class as diversified as the Demon Hunter is. Honestly, I can pick almost any set of skills on the Demon Hunter and it would work...

Trust me, I used to be against the changes to Barbarians, but after thinking about it and I mean really critically thinking about it classes like the Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor are better designed. You're given so much freedom and diversity with a DH and WD. The only way to make this happen for the other 3 classes is to just get rid of the synergies between spells. Pretty much every Wizard spec revolves around maximizing CM. Every Barbarian spec revolves around Into the Fray, and Run Like the Wind. Once these synergies are broken and spells are adjusted so that they can stand on their own you will have much more diversity than you have now.

Without knowing what monster damage output and health looks like you're just creating a false dilemma.
Reply Quote
Barb is like superman now. Unstoppable. I don't play him at all since he's too OP and my DH is too weak.
Reply Quote
With the AH gone, I'm ready to earn my gear.

Not sure why people are obsessed with face rolling content just to hoard gold and buy upgrades. I already have a part time job, thanks.
Reply Quote
lol so many barb noobies QQ ing here.

is it just me or any barb here can imagine the next dynamic barb build where you can clip mobs and pull em towards you while ww : hurricane and rend em then go to next pack? use mighty weapon to keep fury up. this open up to so many possibilities. sure its a nerf, but a decent minded barb know its broken.

Anyone with even basic knowledge of WW Barbs knows that Sprint turns movespeed into a dps stat, Hurricane is the only rune used because it's the only one that doesn't cripple your movespeed. WW itself also isn't used for its damage, but as a means of burning fury... which you won't have anymore.

Also, the entire point of the build is that it moves fast, if it no longer does that (and often is prevented from moving at all, because no perma wrath = no cc immunity) the entire build is worthless.
Reply Quote
to all barbs
Barbarian
DiabloWiki.com - RevengeRevenge
DiabloWiki.com - Blood LawBlood Law : Gain 5 Fury and heal for 8% of your maximum Life for each enemy hit. (Renamed from Vengeance is Mine)

aint this what we need in just one passive ?
Reply Quote
MVP
10/16/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Spectral
WW itself also isn't used for its damage, but as a means of burning fury... which you won't have anymore.

Not to mention WW allows you to move through enemies.

But you're basically right, WW isn't what does the damage, run like the wind does.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 08:37 AMPosted by MaxiRAoK
good points, but I don't like RoS that class steals features from other classes

This was one of the reason in D2 that there were such OP builds,
The ability of ANY class being able to teleport opened a wide variety of builds. you want to limit this diversity because you don't like the idea of stealing skills from other classes?

I call bollocks on that idea.
Reply Quote
But what if you don't want to play a slow boring gimpy tank with a shield? What if you want to play a barbarian who WW through everything because it's...watch out now, a foreign word for Blizz devs apparently: FUN?!?! Seriously, with these changes how does he generate enough fury playing dual wield or 2 hander to even keep up WW?! This SUCKS Blizz! Sucks and no two ways about it. You wanna nerf CC? Fine. You wanna take away perma WOTB? That hurts bad already be there's no way to deal effectively with freezing trapping and other crappy elite affixes, but I can live with that. That's enough, esp with no more LL. Leave into the fray and whirlwind hurricane alone or give us a way to actually generate the fury to really keep WW going using FUN weps and also a way to move fast enough doing WW to stay ALIVE!

Here's some truths: Barbs using shields sucks! Barbs are big strong and most fun and cool when using big 2 handers or dual wielding. Barbs DONT tank as dumb meat shields, they should STAY brutal, wild and offense-oriented, period! And further YOU invented WW, I've been using it since D2 days. Sorry to other builds too no offense intended but to me WW and Frenzy are the signature premier skills of the barb. You wanna throw crap from across the screen like a javeliner, you want to be a caster of some sort? Fine: upgrade those skills so they don't suck but don't RUIN the most FUN build in the game for the class and call it a good thing. Poo in a pretty box with a bow is still POO!
Reply Quote
And another thought: synergies between skills is what MAKES a build! Duh! Taking away synergistic effects between groups of skills is not a good thing, it results in pointless brain-dead uninspiring play. Synergies were what MADE D2 the monster hit it was! Why would anyone think it's better gameplay to just pick six random skills from a hat and go with it?! The job Blizz is to figure out how to create these synergies for fun and viable and strong builds of several varieties for each class, not destroying the ONE great skill set up you made for the barb!
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Blacksword
Taking away synergistic effects between groups of skills is not a good thing, it results in pointless brain-dead uninspiring play.

Synergies are not going away. a couple of over the top, "so powerful nothing else is viable" synergies are being removed.

But there will still be synergy.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 08:40 AMPosted by End
Play the game as intended and quit crying.

As who intended? How many people love to quote that line. I thought the game was supposed to be for the PLAYERS and what the PLAYERS want, not what Blizz thinks it should be. Keep doing what you think is best Blizz. Ignore what your paying customer wants at your own peril!

And please stop offering up another class as the sacrificial lamb when one class is nerfed. Why do people continue to complain if class A seems OP compared to class B, so what. Blizz ,must love the QQ, they don't have to think of ways to screw ...uhem balance the game. There are plenty of people willing to point things out for them.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
The ENTIRE game is changing and being improved. Skill changes are just one piece of the puzzle. The developers will try to make classes as even as possible come the release of the expansion so I wouldn't worry too much about these changes. It's true that we probably won't see perma wrath anymore but that's fine in my opinion, it was so strong that it literally felt like the only way to play a barbarian.
10/16/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Blacksword
What if you want to play a barbarian who WW through everything because it's...watch out now, a foreign word for Blizz devs apparently: FUN?!?!

None of these games let you do whatever you want on high difficulty levels. What if I play a skeleton mage necromancer build in Diablo 2 because I think ranged skeletons are FUN. Guess what, Blizzard North punishes me because those skeletons can't survive late game content. Especially as I push the players up to players 8.

Guess Blizzard North hates FUN as much as Activision-Blizzard.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 09:34 AMPosted by DrothVader
WW itself also isn't used for its damage, but as a means of burning fury... which you won't have anymore.

Not to mention WW allows you to move through enemies.

But you're basically right, WW isn't what does the damage, run like the wind does.

Yeah, and another thing.

So there's this class in 4th edition D&D called a Cleric, and they had two builds. One was the laser build, it was Wisdom based, then there was another one that was Strength based. Clerics have been one of the dominant classes since 3rd edition, and here you have one.

Now what the devs (WotC) did is went and nerfed the Strength Cleric into the ground then very shortly after they make a new book with a class called Runepriest which was basically a Strength Cleric but better BEFORE it got nerfed.

Of course, in tabletop gaming patches are not mandatory but I'm sure everyone can see the parallel and contrast here?
Reply Quote
MVP
10/16/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Gewalt
Taking away synergistic effects between groups of skills is not a good thing, it results in pointless brain-dead uninspiring play.

Synergies are not going away. a couple of over the top, "so powerful nothing else is viable" synergies are being removed.

But there will still be synergy.

Yes, there will still be synergies.

A good example of this is the Witch Doctor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfYVUj!TZY!bcZbZZ

There isn't one global synergy where every spell operates off of each other. Rather, there are a bunch of independent synergies that exist.

There are synergies between certain spells, but not EVERY spell feed off of each other whereas every spell in the WW build feeds off of Crit Chance (And the spells that increase it) and rage generation (Which comes from Into the Fray)

The other spells in this build are chosen ONLY for their proc rates and damage output. In other words, you're choosing to use them for the wrong reasons.

Another example is the SNS Wizard. The build relies entirely on Critical Mass and every spell with the exception of Frost Nova (Which is the only means of control) is chosen because of its proc rate. In other words, it is a broken synergy.
Reply Quote
The ENTIRE game is changing and being improved. Skill changes are just one piece of the puzzle. The developers will try to make classes as even as possible come the release of the expansion so I wouldn't worry too much about these changes. It's true that we probably won't see perma wrath anymore but that's fine in my opinion, it was so strong that it literally felt like the only way to play a barbarian.

It's almost as if they're making a big deal out of absolutely nothing, and out of ignorance they think these "nerfs" are going to be based off the same mechanics and setting as if RoS wasn't going to be implemented.
Reply Quote
i am concern they remove too much skill synergies and make the game too simple and straightforward. ''builds'' will not exist.

multiple skill + multiple gears = build
single skill + single gear procs = brick

that is just dull.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 11:05 AMPosted by comerain
i am concern they remove too much skill synergies and make the game too simple and straightforward. ''builds'' will not exist.

As previous posters have said, it's just a few OP/broken synergies that are getting... fixed. "Builds" do exist atm - but only 2 viable ones for most classes!

My main is an Archon wiz. I love playing it, but it's blatantly obvious that I shouldn't be able to zoom around in Archon form the whole time. Just like CM perma-freeze, or perma-zerking.

These skills are kindof game-breaking because they are so powerful. We should be able (if we put a lot of effort into our builds and get the right gear) use them very, very often. But not all the time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]