Diablo® III

My xbox still freezes

i installed the patch yesterday and my game still freezes, is there something i can do?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Is there any way you can provide a bit more detail? Are there any specific circumstances in which your freezes occur? While auto-saving, during extended play sessions, etc?
Reply Quote
it seems to happen while autosaving, it had happened randomly from a few minutes to an hour of playing, somohow it hapens less when i am not the host of a game but still hapens. i had tried clearing the console cache, installing the game on the hard drive, and nothing still happens.
Reply Quote
I haven't played in weeks, but I'm a longtime poster on Gamefaqs/Gamespot's forums and people are saying they are still freezing in SPECIFICALLY Act 3, post patch, which lots of people had freezes with even before this patch. I stopped playing because everytime I use my Barb's whirlwhind in the keeps dungeons in act 3, it freezes. Here is the thread for the Blizzard devs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718652-diablo-iii/67504009
Reply Quote
A little more info on this. I noticed the freezing isn't necessarily occurring when mobs are cluttering the screen. I've had freezes (all in Act 3 although this may not mean much given i play mainly Act 3) with both high and low density of mobs on screen in Keeps, Fields of Slaughter, and Rakkis. This bug is really annoying.

Blues - Have you guys been able to recreate any of the freezes either on Xbox 360 or PS3? Are you guys in the process of resolving the issue or do you guys need more information first?
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Tsarnis
Is there any way you can provide a bit more detail? Are there any specific circumstances in which your freezes occur? While auto-saving, during extended play sessions, etc?

The freezes occur always in act 3. I have an idea why this happens: after finishing a run in Act 3 all areas previously explored are "reset" and also the mobs (including the guardian of the key). At first I thought it was a feature of the console version and I have not posed any problems, but also with the other acts playing marathon sessions does not happen the same thing.

Sorry for my english, I used google translate.
Reply Quote
Hi there,
Same issue since the last patch ( and a bit before it, but not that much).

I just had 3 freeze in a row in less than an hour.

I was in Act II the first time, then Act III, every time fighting elite packs ( not that much action on screen actually), online with 1 or 2 other players. Inferno M1/M3.

The freeze starts with no sound, fps drops for a second and bam crash. The console keeps running for 5 secondes until we can restart it.

Yesterday played online for a couple hours, people are just dropping like flies, in mid fight/action they disconnect, imo = freeze.

Hope this helps, not really worth playing right now :(
Reply Quote
Just a quick heads-up, I cleared the cache and re-installed the patch, no issues since :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
My Xbox is freezing everytime I get to Jondar on act 1; quest: find and kill Jondar with Templar in the cathedral level 3.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Seems after getting so far in the field or when a lot of mobs are up the game freezes. Doesn't matter if it's at a load screen or during a save. If there is a lot going on with mobs or mech. The game freezes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]