Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls Strafe Preperation

strafe dh was the only build I've played that relied on health globes (veangeance passive). It revolved around strafe, jagged spikes and hatred gen. iirc I used ss with tactical advantage to speed it up a bit. I think rocketstorm used to be the most effective in terms of dps. Hopefully this build becomes way more viable in 1.09! (Was super-squishy when I played it).
Edited by donk#1506 on 10/17/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The suggested changes I have was
+1 discipline per second
+10 max discipline
OR
+3 discipline after each kill

The way most player are using NS right now is "defensive" and not as "offensive" as you think.

Fair enough, good arguments, and when you mention it you are 100% correct. Most people use it to fuel defensive skills with the discipline it gives. I still don't really agree with changing it, and something I didn't mention was; I wouldn't mind seeing your suggestions as a different passive, but I think NS is good skill design with our current game mechanics.

**sorry zingy didn't mean to high jack your thread**
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 10/18/2013 4:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ALL HAIL K'MAR TENCLIP!

http://imgur.com/wGxw6Tp
Reply Quote
Strafe will be my new vault with the xbow that reduces cost to Zero
Reply Quote
infinite strafe streaming test
http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamesn
Reply Quote
wow this is interesting....

What ever rune you put for sentry that is what it spawns...but it takes up a skill slot. I dont know what happens if sentry isnt used as a skill....RNG?
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/24/2013 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 09:18 AMPosted by D3MON
Strafe will be my new vault with the xbow that reduces cost to Zero
It's been my vault for a long time. Drooling over this Xbow.
Reply Quote
Was just watching the strafe stream, guy had 5 sentries with CoT out......
Reply Quote
Yea his EDPS is a lot higher than his sheet dps for sure...but he is in Torment 1 so not really sure if itll work out in 6. Id rather be using strafe as my new kiting strategy and see how that would work out.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/24/2013 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 03:25 PMPosted by DaRkCroNo
Yea his EDPS is a lot higher than his sheet dps for sure...but he is in Torment 1 so not really sure if itll work out in 6
He just swapped his Enchantress skills and went from 492K to 800K DPS and was destroying T1.
Reply Quote
What is his crushing blow % (chance)?

Strafe with high aps = massive ticks so will proc CB very quickly
Reply Quote
His CB chance is rather low and the proc coefficient of Strafe is not that high either (the fast attack speed should not really be much of an advantage). He does have up to 5 sentries out and Chain of Torment does have a proc chance of 75% (just does not crit). Basically all his procs should go up massively as soon as he got the first 2-3 sentries out.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Zingy1914
http://www.d3calc.com/

this one seems 'close' to accurate eHP.
d3up.com I think is a little closer (lower)
diabloprogress is SO far off it's not even funny (WAY too high)

Any idea why dprog is soooo wack?
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 03:32 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
What is his crushing blow % (chance)?

Strafe with high aps = massive ticks so will proc CB very quickly

11/24/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Poekel
His CB chance is rather low and the proc coefficient of Strafe is not that high either (the fast attack speed should not really be much of an advantage). He does have up to 5 sentries out and Chain of Torment does have a proc chance of 75% (just does not crit). Basically all his procs should go up massively as soon as he got the first 2-3 sentries out.
Demolition is AoE and has 0.5 proc rate. It should scale nicely with that rune.
Edited by Rav1n#1381 on 11/24/2013 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Numbing Traps may be getting buffed. Reduces damage when used with certain skills or effects, nuff said.

I like the skill as it is right now, its other things that hurt this passives power.

If the 30% damage penalty were removed for the DH then a hunter selecting Numbing Traps would actually feel the difference and the effectiveness of the passive would be where it needs to be. More players would use it as well.

Right now its always fighting against the damage penalty and you come up 10% short of where the Barbarians and Monks start out at. Numbing Traps is not guaranteed damage reduction (this is why its not OP) as you must be very vigilant in your tagging of monsters (and you must use the right skills to activate it), any sloppy play and you get the bigger damage spikes along with our normal one from the penalty.

The biggest buff to numbing traps would to remove the class damage penalty and its weakness would disappear.

A smaller gripe for me is how there needs to be visual confirmation of which monsters are actually tagged with numbing traps. Either something over their head or make the whole monster slightly transparent during its numbing period. Its hard to be tactical about something you cant even visually digest.
Reply Quote
More legendaries that buff strafe :)

HEXING PANTS OF MR.YAN
http://i.imgur.com/x4L5wBX.jpg

HAROUTUNIAN ARM BRACERS
http://i.imgur.com/PD9rGrr.jpg

ICE CLIMBERS
http://i.imgur.com/b1cxpJ1.jpg

YES, YES and YES!

There is also a 1h xbow that drops caltrops, spiked traps and sentry turrets when attacking, but couldnt find an image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive came up with a build which uses the 1h xbow that grants free strafe :)

the idea is to use strafe to maneuver across the battlefield and use ure unspent resources on dmg dealers and slowing effects that wont interrupt strafe.

Left click: Strafe - Drifting Shadow - for speed
Right click: Fan of Knives - Removes cooldown by 100%

Hot bar: Shadow Power - Shadow Glide
Hot bar: Caltrops - Jagged Spikes
Hot bar: Vengeance - Increases hatred regeneration by 15 per second
Hot bar: Companion - Bat or Boar - more regen or agro

Passive 1: Hot Pursuit - increases movement speed when you hit an enemy
Passive 2: Cull of the Weak
Passive 3: Custom Engineering
Passive 4: Numbing Traps

Stack as much Cooldown reduction as possible so that you can maintain Vengeance.

now i just need access to the beta to try this bad boy out
Edited by Zingy1914#2612 on 11/24/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Zingy1914
ALL HAIL K'MAR TENCLIP!

http://imgur.com/wGxw6Tp
I'm so going to dual-wield this and the new Calamity with a Strafe-MfD-FoK build, with maybe Sentry:CoT. :D
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Zingy1914
Hot bar: Shadow Power - Shadow Glide
Hot bar: Caltrops - Jagged Spikes
Hot bar: Vengeance - Increases hatred regeneration by 15 per second
Hot bar: Companion - Bat or Boar - more regen or agro

Passive 1: Hot Pursuit - increases movement speed when you hit an enemy
Passive 2: Cull of the Weak
Passive 3: Custom Engineering
Passive 4: Numbing Traps

hmm strafe in melee range... some thing I will never learn to play

wouldn't it be better you run sentry and not caltrops and use a cold weapon to proc CtW. Or you can drop SP for additional damage.
Reply Quote
If you can snapshot critical hit chance, wouldn't sharpshooter be amazing while strafing all day?
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 12:51 PMPosted by RageSmash
If you can snapshot critical hit chance, wouldn't sharpshooter be amazing while strafing all day?

unfortunately CC cant be snapshot, but i would be fun to go around with 100% all the time :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]