Diablo® III

I can melt mp9/10 as is. What next?

I can grind up to P100 and could probably get another 10kdps for under 80Mil, but wondering what I should bother doing next? Playing AH3 while it still exists might net me enough cache to buy another upgrade, but unless I start dropping 400M+ on items, nothing serious I see on the upgrade side for DPS and my survivability is pretty darn good right now. Gold <100Mil right now, but I have a bunch of stuff I probably could sell to get another 100M if I wanted. Just looking for opinions on which mountain to climb next before I get bored and wait a few months to play again.
Reply Quote
View profile
Build other toons. It;s seriously diminishing returns from now on with your wizzy. Lots of gold for little gains. I have a little more gold than you but set a goal of 500m per class I want to take to paragom 100. did WD and Barb already. Monk and DH left. better than wasting 2b on say a better source for my CM wizard for like 4K dps or like 1.3% in real terms.
Reply Quote
10k dps for 80m is crazy cheap. game is all about gear. Either upgrade or roll another toon. :S
Reply Quote
Try hardcore mode and now do the same with only 1 life.
Edited by EstiDeKaliss#1449 on 10/19/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How can you melt mp9/10? I can get 315k dps on my archon, but I really don't think I can sustain it on mp10...
I'm not criticizing, just curious really, do you play in parties or anything?
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 02:21 AMPosted by Aimless
Build other toons. It;s seriously diminishing returns from now on with your wizzy. Lots of gold for little gains. I have a little more gold than you but set a goal of 500m per class I want to take to paragom 100. did WD and Barb already. Monk and DH left. better than wasting 2b on say a better source for my CM wizard for like 4K dps or like 1.3% in real terms.

What you say is true, but it's so hard to spend gold on a character you don't care quite as much about, when you know it could be going towards your main; for me it is anyways.
Reply Quote
How can you melt mp9/10? I can get 315k dps on my archon, but I really don't think I can sustain it on mp10...
I'm not criticizing, just curious really, do you play in parties or anything?

+1, people had 500+k dps buffed year ago but u need more like 700+k dps buffed if u wanna do solo mp10 efficiently. (im talking bout archon oc)
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 10/21/2013 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What do you mean by +1? Is it a "yes, you can do it on mp10 solo with 300k", or a "you can do it with a party"?
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure you can't do mp10 efficiently even with a 700+k dps archon.

And by mp10, I mean mp10 Inferno, solo, and most content of the game. If you're in a party, then almost any class/build can leech and be successful in mp10.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 06:56 AMPosted by RedSkull
What do you mean by +1? Is it a "yes, you can do it on mp10 solo with 300k", or a "you can do it with a party"?

you can't melt things on mp9/10 with 300-350k dps(buffed) archon.

10/21/2013 07:10 AMPosted by kiza
I'm pretty sure you can't do mp10 efficiently even with a 700+k dps archon.

~750k dps archon(with ls weapon, blood magic, n prismatic or high ehp) should be good for mp10 solo imo.
but even ~400k dps buffed can be fine if u play with others. (i.e. mp10 crypt run)
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 10/21/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Show me an archon that is efficient in mp10. Tell him to post here and we can test.
Reply Quote
View profile
What do you mean efficient? DIdnt void just archon and CM MP10 FOM in similar times? Thread around here somewhere about it.
Reply Quote
View profile
Found it
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10138974259
Reply Quote
well I get ~607k dps buffed with ls weapon, blood magic n prismatic(cos i have low ehp) and i can keep up archon in mp8 solo without problem.

mp8 => mp10 = ~18% extra monster hp
600k => 750k = 25% extra dps

i don't know many high dps archon, but mysticglow's wiz can do mp10 archon without problem i think.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 08:08 AMPosted by aw3s0m0
mp8 => mp10 = ~18% extra monster hp

i'm pretty sure thats wrong.

mp8 - mp10 = ~ 100% extra monster HP

taken from here http://www.diablowiki.net/Uniques_hp_values
Reply Quote
i'm pretty sure thats wrong.

mp8 - mp10 = ~ 100% extra monster HP

taken from here http://www.diablowiki.net/Uniques_hp_values

my mistake, mp8 => mp10 = ~96% extra monster hp. (mp8=1755%, mp10=3439%)

i got the info from this site but and only looked at first table(mp8=340%, mp10=400%).
http://www.diablowiki.net/Monster_Power
Reply Quote
@aimless
Efficient means going through content without dying or very few deaths and killing champion pack in, say around 20 sec or less. MP10 is what I described above.

@aw3s0m0
All we need now is mysticglow to accept. We can do a run together. I'll be waiting.

And welcome back!
Reply Quote
Ok, melt was too strong an adjective. I am efficient solo at mp9, but 10 is a bit slow outside of multiplayer. By efficient, I mean I don't die unless I am stupid and I've foolishly allowed my pew/pew to go away while fighting a particularly bad @ss elite pack.

Now, I believe that the difference between a 330k buffed Archon (where I am now) and the next level of killing efficiency at ~400kish is around 300M per item per slot. Getting to 550kdps+ is 2Bil per slot. I don't really feel like farming/flipping/buying 2Bil gold and so this game got boring and I left for a few months.

After coming back, I've found that the game is easier than I remember and the prices on stuff has dropped a little - I can actually find top level stuff on the GAH again. But, again, outside of flipping, lucking, or begging, 2B is still an order of magnitude beyond my means.

Wish I had sold some cracked daggers for 2Bil during Zimbabwe economy, dupe gold for free day. :P

So yeah, whining a bit that I hit a wall bigger than I want to climb.
Reply Quote
And I thought archon wizard is easy mode for mp10. Now I see
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]