Diablo® III

Mit/ehp less than 88%/400k- all lie

It doesn't matter how much dps you have, you just can't run your wiz at that level and expect to feel comfortable. May be Void can do it but still, if you are at that stat, don't tell me you run MP10 with ease.

Never have been this glassy at my current status with my female wiz. Trying to depend on Neuron's LOH recommendation at 1550 and that's the only thing that keeps me alive. But molten bomb sucks. passed AZN test but I give myself C+.

That's the difference b/w 40B wiz vs 15B wiz.

edit: eph corrected to ehp.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 10/21/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
you just can't run your wiz on dprog and expect to feel comfortable.

here....fixed.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
lol yoda...for a sec, I thought our APOC Chant Forces were duped....
Reply Quote
View profile
You can run it on dprog that way. Lameboi found out what happens when I took him into act 4 @ 100m per death that way. First pack owed me 200m. I didnt make him finish whole run which I was entitled to since i did it without death for him on previous run. He changed things up after that.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/21/2013 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 06:09 AMPosted by yodatoy
That's the difference b/w 40B wiz vs 15B wiz.

Guess you have been flipping items for way too long...

15B is more than enough to build a very very very GG wiz nowadays.
Still, 88% and 400K eHP is what you should aim for with chantodos and SNS. It doesnt mean you should stop there.

One more thing: After you go 90% MIT, it is really hard to play at 88%. Maybe we are just spoiled now...
Reply Quote
View profile
LS users can get away with less mit, Once they get rolling at high dps nothing can stop the health gen train. but yeah for loh users i don't see how ppl play with 88. shards is destroyed too quick.
Reply Quote
Yoda = needs to learn to play.
Reply Quote
There is a fine line between being able to stand in a Molten explosion and not being able to. My Wiz has never had very high EHP and my MIT is usually below 89, so I have had to always move around while in the middle of a pack. But, if I had 15 bil to spend on a setup I feel like I could shop around enough to build something pretty nice.

If you die every now and then it is ok. I have seen everybody I have ever played with die, some more than others. I always have those moments where I stay in the fight when I know I should move because no amount of MIT will save me, but I try to pull it out anyway. Fighting a pack of chargers with Molten/Desecrate/Thorns/Arcane while standing in 2 tree's worth of poison is tough for anybody to pull out.

It doesn't bother me to die every now and then anyway. We don't lose EXP like in D2, so it's fun to see how long I can stay in something that will kill 99.999999% of players. Play the gear set for a little while and you will learn what you can take. Don't give up after a few days and spend another 30 bil when you can make yourself a better player by working with less.
Reply Quote
View profile
yoda just needs to play barb. i seriously did not die in 30 paragon levels. with 94% mit and 50k life a molton explosion is like 1/4 life taken down. like a flea hitting you. stand in two does not matter.

Here is how you do it yoda AR every slot but jewerly for 750 AR
Armor comes to natural 7000 because of STR

barb native dam resistance 30% is like a 30% litany on all the time not pathetic 7% I wear.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/21/2013 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Btw, it's "ehp."

It's also a misleading term. For SNS, it's better to break your defense into these categories:

1. freeze strength
2. mit
3. health
4. recovery

You got #2, and #3 can be extrapolated from ehp, but without knowing #1 and 4, it's hard to say how well one can do. There's also how you play the game. But I do agree that mit is important, even for LS users. Super recovery doesn't mean you can forget about health or mit. You need a balance of these attributes and that balance depends on what type of monsters you face.
Reply Quote
Sounds about right Yoda. I would go as far as to say it should be 450k eHP even. Pre-dodge. 400k still leaves you relatively vulnerable to molten bombs. And really, it doesn't matter if you're LoH or massive sustain LS when you're getting one-shotted by molten, bull charges, beserkers. There is just a certain level of eHP you need no matter what you're doing.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Chatassys
One more thing: After you go 90% MIT, it is really hard to play at 88%. Maybe we are just spoiled now...

I am completely spoiled and I'm appreciating mit over 90% more than ever. that means mit ias chant wiz at 3.01 is the key.

It's also a misleading term. For SNS, it's better to break your defense into these categories:

1. freeze strength
2. mit
3. health
4. recovery

1. I have that at 2.75/65.5cc
2. mit - I will be at 88.4% at plvl 100
3. health - I will be at 50k hp at plvl 100
4. I can recover pretty well with 1550 LOH.

10/21/2013 07:32 AMPosted by dolynick
I would go as far as to say it should be 450k eHP even

even better. and hp:ehp ratio is even a better indicator? 1:10 or more. 1:11:11 is Godly.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 10/21/2013 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 08:27 AMPosted by yodatoy
even better. and hp:ehp ratio is even a better indicator? 1:10 or more. 1:11:11 is Godly.

I do hope that you realize that an "hp:ehp ratio" is mitigation....

Also glad I'm not the only one who constantly says 'E-P-H' instead of 'E-H-P'

What does matter is your eHP for large hits, and then your ability to recover eHP. For instance if you have 500k eHP and you can recover 100% eHP/second it tells you alot about what they can survive (provided you have an idea for how much raw damage is done by various attacks).
Edited by BDF#1838 on 10/21/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Recovery is not just LS/LoH, it's also how much edps you are dealing on reflect. But overall with the possible exception of reflect, those stats are good enough for mp10. So Boozor was right, you need to learn how to play, hehe.
Reply Quote
http://diabro3.com/?armoryURL=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fapi%2Fd3%2Fprofile%2Fyodatoy-1838%2Fhero%2F36039742&submitButton.x=89&submitButton.y=30

this site hasn't lied to me yet.
Reply Quote
View profile
bla bla bla Low mit low ehp sucks bla bla bla

Yes that's true
Reply Quote
View profile
But if for one the Deeps is more important, it's all good.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 08:50 AMPosted by kiza
those stats are good enough for mp10. So Boozor was right, you need to learn how to play, hehe.

Yup good enough.

Overall, my favorite wiz is obviously Charly's toon and it's my honor that he is wearing an amulet called "honor serpent". Lintrau wanted it but he was happy that it went to the right person.

My only wish with his wiz is instead of wearing Zuni set, I wish he wore Nat set to maximize his cc. Plus, his new amulet could have easily replaced his bt tri dunk and at 3.01 bp, 850 LOH will be enough with his mit. I checked his old nat ring which went from Darshu to Charly to now Dolynick. It gave me about 12000 more dps than my current one. That should have been good enough to keep it imo.

Yeah...gotta play more which is an intangible mitigation/recovery.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 10/21/2013 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
DEMOCRACY!
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 09:07 AMPosted by RobertVarga
But if for one the Deeps is more important, it's all good.

deeps gotta suck when those charging bulls get you out of nowhere.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]