Diablo® III

Mit/ehp less than 88%/400k- all lie

Less qq moar l2p... like YORI said.
Edited by Tensor#6418 on 10/22/2013 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We'll all miss you yoda and all of the life you bring to...

wait wut?
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Boozor
Yoda = needs to learn to play.

HAHA the only posts I see from booz now-a-days are trolling the toyota lmao

Love it
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 03:47 AMPosted by Loroese
Ultimately I just highly dislike people stating those kind of values as factual thresholds when in fact they are personal preferences.

Well, I don't know what your fact is but as you know not only you have to theorize which you do well but also I have experiences with all kinds of gears and I have played from 84-91% mit, 250ehp to 600+ehp, 200Kdps to 390kdps, low cc to high cc, 2.51bp to 3.38bp.
and I am just an avg Joe when it comes to playing skill.

there are only selected few who can play at high level as a glassy wiz but most of us don't play it that way.

I also dislike people who think they know the game inside out when in fact they didn't actually have the opportunity to play with all kinds of stats.

Sure, personal preference does play a big factor but again, relatively speaking 87% and 400 ehp are not a good place to be unless you have 400k dps+ and LS.
Reply Quote
Not to disagree too strongly yoda, but you seem to have a good bit of confirmation bias.

You want something to be true quite often...then make a thread about how it is so amazing...then change your mind (and whole gear set) a few hours later.

And while I agree that high mitigation is the way to go, it is a preference of how much micro a person is comfortable with in order to survive..or how many corpse runs they're ok with.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 07:34 AMPosted by BDF
You want something to be true quite often...then make a thread about how it is so amazing...then change your mind (and whole gear set) a few hours later.

I would say a few days later.

am I worse than Lameboi? please say no.
Reply Quote
You just need more experience with the same set.

You "feel" all these changes and their all in your head.

But you never really put enough time into a gear we or refine your gear sets so that they are optimal.

But it seems youve at least found your idea of ideal which is high LOH/ high MIT and that's a pretty standard receipe for a solid wizard anyways.
Reply Quote
You just need more experience with the same set.

You "feel" all these changes and their all in your head.

But you never really put enough time into a gear we or refine your gear sets so that they are optimal.

But it seems youve at least found your idea of ideal which is high LOH/ high MIT and that's a pretty standard receipe for a solid wizard anyways.

there you go, what i was saying all along

yoda you play a lot of sets, but none of them are really top or refined. did you play a dagger ls set? yes. was it optimal for ls? no. also many of your other sets, really just changing a couple pieces here and there - running in circles. try maxing out a set, so you can't even look back, because all the pieces are so linked and optimal so that loosing 1 will break the set
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Void
try maxing out a set

too arduous...

also many of your other sets, really just changing a couple pieces here and there - running in circles

actually, my max was the last set - 91/1:11:11/500+ ehp at 290kdps.

running in circles

had me last this long running in circle.

10/22/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Boozor
You "feel" all these changes and their all in your head

nope. You feel it.

10/22/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Boozor
refine your gear sets so that they are optimal.

I was always missing that 5%...
Reply Quote
I think that 88% mit & 400k ehp are plenty for most people, but those numbers and higher are definitely something for some people to strive for. Some people don't want to play on easy mode, some people want to have to make tactical decisions to stay alive.

I don't know my exact MIT /EHP but I imagine they're somewhere around that mark and yes, I do find mp10 to be very easy. I may die from time to time but that's just me being too lazy to take simple steps to avoid it. I find that there is still enough challenge in the game to keep me vigilant but not enough to make mp10 tedious.

To say that you must have more than that to "feel comfortable" is an overstatement, that's all. Different people feel comfortable with different things. I think most people feel perfectly comfortable moving out of the way of the 3 arcane beams about to slice through them, or away from the molten explosions that may or may not kill them.

It is commendable of you though, to go out there and keep testing the limits of your wiz. It often gives me food for thought if how I'd like to progress with my gear.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Ley
It is commendable of you though, to go out there and keep testing the limits of your wiz. It often gives me food for thought if how I'd like to progress with my gear.

appreciation.
Reply Quote
Shut up already yoda. What the hell else did you expect going for extreme mit to extreme glass? You thought you were the greatest Wizard that ever lived and would be able to play without dying? Go back to your high mit set and stop whining.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 03:24 PMPosted by EmperorMao
Shut up already yoda. What the hell else did you expect going for extreme mit to extreme glass? You thought you were the greatest Wizard that ever lived and would be able to play without dying? Go back to your high mit set and stop whining.

You seem to have anger issues that are completely disproportionate to anything going on in this thread.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Ley
You seem to have anger issues that are completely disproportionate to anything going on in this thread.

You seem to need to not talk.
Reply Quote
LOL EmperorMouth!
Reply Quote
I own you all on MP10! But seriously, help me pls!
Reply Quote
Yoda, am wearing Nat's on request. I just need to buckle down after my WD is done and level the baby wiz up.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 06:00 PMPosted by EmperorMao

You seem to need to not talk.

It hurts so much when complete strangers say mean things to me on the internet, how will I ever show my face here again. The shame!
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Ley
It hurts so much when complete strangers say mean things to me on the internet, how will I ever show my face here again. The shame!

You won't. Leave. Bye.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 07:25 AMPosted by yodatoy
Ultimately I just highly dislike people stating those kind of values as factual thresholds when in fact they are personal preferences.

Well, I don't know what your fact is but as you know not only you have to theorize which you do well but also I have experiences with all kinds of gears and I have played from 84-91% mit, 250ehp to 600+ehp, 200Kdps to 390kdps, low cc to high cc, 2.51bp to 3.38bp.
and I am just an avg Joe when it comes to playing skill.

there are only selected few who can play at high level as a glassy wiz but most of us don't play it that way.

I also dislike people who think they know the game inside out when in fact they didn't actually have the opportunity to play with all kinds of stats.

Sure, personal preference does play a big factor but again, relatively speaking 87% and 400 ehp are not a good place to be unless you have 400k dps+ and LS.

That statement didn't quite come out the way I meant it to. It should read that I dislike when people claim opinion as fact. That's my issue. Sure higher mit and high EHP is nice, but it is by no means completely mandatory for comfortable play.

I don't claim to be any kind of expert at playing SNS but I feel comfortable enough with lower mit and have never had 400k ehp as SNS, but still have farmed MP10 just fine. That's not from theorycrafting, that's from actually playing the build, which I have done a fair amount in the past. I don't have to play with all kinds of stats to know that I'm comfortable with what I've played with. I might prefer other stats, and who wouldn't prefer having better stats, but that doesn't mean you can't be comfortable with lower stats.

Most other factors are more important, like what you farm, where you farm, how you farm, etc, than to just say you have to have x mit and y EHP or you can't farm MP10.

So again, in your opinion you need those mit and EHP values. For the rest of us we can comfortably farm MP10 with different values.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]