Diablo® III

FUN CLUB OF ZDS MONK

Vox, I have never actually looked at your zDPS gear ... it's beautiful.

I think I will throw some zDPS stuff together and give it a whirl one of these days ... the spec looks extremely fun for someone like me who is used to slooooooooooooooow attacks! :D

Thanks for the compliment, Druin! It took a lot of AH looking. Just recently picked up the bomb mara's. Yes, I went from same extreme (slow 2H passive regen) straight to lightning fast 3.4 APS. Like a completely different class! Both are very fun for me! Lots of decisions-per-second in ZDS.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Thanks for the compliment, Druin! It took a lot of AH looking. Just recently picked up the bomb mara's. Yes, I went from same extreme (slow 2H passive regen) straight to lightning fast 3.4 APS. Like a completely different class! Both are very fun for me! Lots of decisions-per-second in ZDS.

Yea, I trust you to make good spec/gearing decisions so if you like this build as much as you do I believe it must be pretty rad.

I will put it on my list of things to try ... though it means I will have to group ><
<friends everyone in this group>
Heyyy youuuuu guyssssssssss
Reply Quote
Druin, I'd love-love-love to run with you :)

I run mostly ZDS and SNS wiz these days.
Reply Quote
10/24/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Vox
straight to lightning fast 3.4 APS

Whoa do you get that only from zdps gear setup?
Reply Quote
the +APS on sledge and bonesaber and DW bonus really help increase APS. ZDS has fewer affixes to look for (no need for CD, Avg dmg, or dex really) so easy to get high APS. I think i'm missing a few points of IAS that would put me at about 3.5 maybe 3.6 with legacy zuni. Generator attacks stop looking like individual attacks and start looking like a fruitloop stew at around 3.0 APS, esp crip wave.

With the mystic reroll spoiled, I'm looking forward to rolling IAS on my sledgie at lvl 70 ^_^ I so want to transmog the crap out of that fugly sledge fist, too!
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Vox
as ZDS Monk, how many stun on hit that we need? Thanks

Depends. ZDS is primarily about supporting party eDPS, so stun is kinda secondary.

But, let me try and be more helpful.

At 3 APS while using a Crippling Wave, I'd say that mobs would be stunned about half the time at around 15-20% stun. That reduces incoming dmg by around 50% after about 2 seconds.

At 50% stun, incoming dmg reduced by something like 95+% after about 2 seconds.

Assumes no CC resistance, mobs in melee range using only melee attacks, mobs getting hit by every swing of Crip Wave, and a proc coefficient of near 1 on Crip Wave (i.e., not entirely realistic).

Stun is good. I had postulated before that Sledge Fist could not and should not be buffed substantially in Loot 2.0. It has an intrinsic dps tradeoff that is important. 50 stun% is the equivalent of 10+ max CC% affixes!

thanks for answer my question, Vox!

not easy to find sledge fist 50% stun :-(

invite send friend to u, Vox :-)
Reply Quote
I really enjoyed grouping with you Yesterday n1!

We mowed sh** down like it was butter!!

-Ach

me too budd, although my dps ZDS Monk only 8K lol hahaha

u must make a new monk again, so we can run xp or ubers together
Reply Quote
Hi, I am from Europe.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/NAdRAiN-2941

Can I join the club?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/NAdRAiN-2941/hero/24363807
http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/NAdRAiN-2941/hero/28442396

VOX, thank you for your guide.

of course friends, as leader is Vox's ZDS Monk :-)
Reply Quote
Vox, I have never actually looked at your zDPS gear ... it's beautiful.

I think I will throw some zDPS stuff together and give it a whirl one of these days ... the spec looks extremely fun for someone like me who is used to slooooooooooooooow attacks! :D

Druin, u must try playing with my ZDS monk coz ZDS synergy with Bell... Bell... Bell :-)
Reply Quote
Hey fellas, not once have I thought of making a Monk till i saw a 10k dps #1 stunna the other day. I just want to start off and say I have zero knowledge about this build other than that it has a high chance of stun, high hp, and high loh.

Id like to make one today and any tips on gear or any kind of help would be great.
FYI, I mainly roll with a barb.
thanks in advance

Hi Teebag

u must try playing Barb (WW or HOTA) and ZDS Monk, they really synergy too
Reply Quote
Druin, I'd love-love-love to run with you :)

I run mostly ZDS and SNS wiz these days.

@Vox and Druin

not invite me when playing hiks :-(
Reply Quote
I'll make room for you N1 :)
Reply Quote
I'm always looking for more friends in hope to make 4-players parties.

I started a ZDS monk lately and want to level the crap out of her (with the time I can spend on the game). I'm starting to get the hang of it and well, I also have a nice S&B barb and CoB WD!

Add me!
Reply Quote
Please count me in, too.

After few crypt run with Vox last night, I decided to give it a shot. Quickly put together a set for my monk, basically copied Vox's set up, and tried solo in mp10 for practice. I don't die very often but monsters die like never so it's really good sparring place. I will try tonight in a group run. Wish me luck!
Reply Quote
So much of the effectiveness of ZDS can only be experienced... Looks like maybe it might work on paper, but works like black magic in game ^_^

MP 10 solo is a good sparring place, Mnk! I took my ZDS to MP 10 ubers and all sorts of other places to test sustain, ehps, stuns, spirit econ, n stuffs.
Reply Quote
I'm really enjoying
Reply Quote
can you guys check mine out?

Eatweakfist. Decided to run Party mode again after using trigen backlash for a long time.

I'm currently at 73k HP
3.2 AS -> 3.42 with blazing fury
597 AR no OWE
1950 LOH

So far, I'm stunning them a lot as well as keeping up Overawe buff 100% of the time.

Haven't been dying too much. Except by Swarm of mallet lords.
Reply Quote
Thinking of changing Blazing fist to Quick silver for a little more mobility
Reply Quote
I made some upgrades to improve tank-ness/survivability and the result was very successful!

Before (with STI)
APS: 3.28/3.18
CC: 43.5%
Total Damage Reduction: 91.13%
All Res: 673
Life: 68K
EHP: 767K
LoH: 2332

http://d3up.com/b/1171762/musou-p41-zds

After (with OWE)
APS: 3.32/3.2
CC: 45%
Total Damage Reduction: 92.44%
All Res: 950
Life: 62K
EHP: 827K
LoH: 2297

http://d3up.com/b/1172256/musou-41-zds-upgrade-2

I can just stand and cast FT/CW in mp10 FoM until trees show up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]