Diablo® III

FUN CLUB OF ZDS MONK

10/26/2013 12:55 AMPosted by Vox
I'll make room for you N1 :)

thanks Vox, friends request has send to u :-)
Reply Quote
I have a variety of stuff in my stash to toy around with on my monk, including a os sledge from a long time ago that I bought to have some fun with paired with slightly tanky but otherwise dps oriented gear. Now I wish I had gotten one with more stun then, seeing the price tag they have today :P

had a quick spin on mp10 with a budget starting loadout yesterday:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/peterned-1455/hero/1627426

With about 1.3M ehp and close to 3K loh I only died a few times from the trees' poison, otherwise facerolled screens full of pulled mobs by some barbs that promptly invited me to party more.

Gonna focus on more AS and CC now, look for an ehp WH, and need to craft some more ehp gear.

I thought I noticed that the EF fear proc seems to overrule a stun (which is annoying), is this true?
Reply Quote
Can I join? :)
Hardcore ZDS monk here! Built specifically for MP10 HC crypt runs.
1.8 million ehp
51.5% cc for CW/RT spirit regen
2.53 APS with shield
1700 LoH
24% ms
No OWE and 700+ AR
No STI and 6300+ armor
12% melee reduction and 6% elite reduction
Other specifics here --> http://d3up.com/b/1175264
Edited by Bujitsa#1343 on 10/29/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I got denied :( lol
Reply Quote
Hopefully with the new toughness sheet stat in ROS they can maybe put min requirements on joining or creating pub games on MP10. I stay away from pubs since usually get stuck with 4 terrible dps! Heh
Reply Quote
Just don't play pub games. Come on man.
Reply Quote
@Davlok,

don't worry playing in pubs, if they don't like ur pdps ZDS monk coz they are NOOBS!!

I love playing my ZDS Monk in pubs, when they complaint about my dps.. I just say if my ZDS more strong than ur pDPS,let us prove!! lol :-)
Reply Quote
@Kim

I ever saw u ZDS monk, where is he now?
Reply Quote
I picked up a bunch of gear to give this a try! Sledgefist and Bonesabers are expensive! I ended up getting a 48% chance to stun Sledgefist.

2100+ LOH
75k HP
975 All Resists

I jumped in a few pub games to get used to it and people kept leaving. :(

People just don't understand me... :( /cry

Only kidding. It was incredibly fun! I tanked through desolation/plague with little problems on mp10. It's hard to gauge how well it was working because of the vast range of dps in public games.

I don't currently have my zdps gear on, but when I get a chance later today, I will swap it out and link it on d3up.
Reply Quote
http://d3up.com/b/1179961

Here is my zDPS build! So much fun... :)
Reply Quote
Ok I now have my gear no...Any thoughts?...I do have a mara's with 5cs/9cc but have been testing the star out lately. And I don't think I can afford a sledge fist upgrade 1-2 bil...The one I have is something I actualy found way back and never parted with it..
Reply Quote
Denied Bujitsa? That's quite intriguing.

Seems the "club" is selective. Good grief.

Edit: Spelling, per usual.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 11/1/2013 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Glad to see other people enjoy the non dps monks, usually don't even bother playing pub games most people don't get it. I didn't go the high attack speed route but interesting to see the different gear selections.
Reply Quote
Funny thing I got kicked from a public game for low dps
Reply Quote
mine is the coolest becausebim sporting dual sledgies
Reply Quote
Need some advice on this fun ZDS build.
Few days ago, I leveled up another monk, lazy switching gears.

I tried MP0 solo, to familiar myself to the playstyle and all works well.
Tried MP6 - 4 players, I cannot sustain for some affixes combo, arcane,poison pool,RD, need to move around. ZDS suppose to be able to tank these?

I am running around 65K HP, 900+ AR, 4.7K Armor, 3.07 aps, 1.6K LOH.
Anything I should change?
More Speed? More LOH? drop VIT on weapon for LOH affix+Am Gem?

My Profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Precious-6973/hero/25850935

I know I am missing a socket sledgefist but high stun with socket cost a bomb !!!
Been fun playing this monk.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Precious
Tried MP6 - 4 players, I cannot sustain for some affixes combo, arcane,poison pool,RD, need to move around. ZDS suppose to be able to tank these?

Actual sustain is proportional to LOH, APS, skill proc chance, and # mobs hit.

Your LOH and APS are ok. It may just be a matter of few mobs, which can sometimes be challenging for sustain when lots of ground affixes around. Try cycloning more mobs in to help or repositioning with DSQ. If there are more than a couple mobs, be sure to use Crippling Wave.

It's ok to brandish MOH:TON full-time until things get under control. Mini shield, 20% res buff, and regen all help a bit in the 'overrun by slow dot dmg' situation.

Your mainhand would be better as an open socket bonesaber, which will vastly increase your APS. Higher APS will net more LOH returns. Higher APS is also more stuns & spirit. Or you could try a 700 LOH, OS dagger with IAS. In short, a tad bit more 'effective sustain' would probably be within reach and help.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Alright ... I did it!

I spent most of this weekend playing zDPS and perfecting my gear.
You can view my zDPS setup here --
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Druin-1518/hero/33712397
http://d3up.com/b/1187568/druin-zdps

I made some changes from what I started with (a near mirror of Vox's setup) due to playstyle choices.
Specifically, I HATE FoT-Q with this spec. I spend so much time spamming skills that I rarely make it to my 3rd combo hit even with 3.0 APS so I made the switch to CW-RT as my only generator.

I also prefer the route of STI over OWE. This mostly stems from having some pretty amazing Dex items already and being in Phys-res which makes OWE much less appealing.

Here are some of my results from me weekend of zDPS fun --
1. I gained something like 40 paragon levels. I have no idea what my overall xp/hr was, but I am at like 10 hours played on my monk and she is para 43 already...

2. zDPS felt better than every single form of actual DPS I could come up with. It isn't really hard for me to live using a single LS wep and a buff-monk setup with my DPS gear at ~250k. However, even with SW-C it felt like I was doing almost no damage compared to the Archons, Bats, SNS and Barbs that were WRECKING things in my groups.

3. I finally had the absolute pleasure to run double-zDPS + 2x DPS with Vox and I can confirm that it is pretty nuts. We actually killed things FASTER because with 2x zDPS you can focus a little less on CS and a little more on EP while the other guy does the same. This results in upward of 6 EP's per monk per pack and that really adds up.

4. It's ... so ... fun. I don't even know how to explain it properly but one of my big problems with grouping was always that the things you did were SO specialized. When I solo I have to account for my own eHP DPS grouping movement ect ... when I grouped it was just: stand around and wait for the movement person to get there then use all your DPS buffs and spam your one DPS skill for max value.

zDPS does NOT feel this way. The massive APM's caused by such high attack speed and the constant positioning requirement combined with dropping the safety-net that is LS made for some seriously interesting gameplay. Plus, the new "fotm" DC run requires multiple phases that can all by optimized which is nice for variety's sake.

All in all, just when I was starting to run out of things to do, this spec has opened up at least another 100 paragon levels worth of fun for me! :D

<3
I want in too! I need help develpoing my zds monk. I love this build! Can I join?
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Druin
3. I finally had the absolute pleasure to run double-zDPS + 2x DPS with Vox and I can confirm that it is pretty nuts. We actually killed things FASTER because with 2x zDPS you can focus a little less on CS and a little more on EP while the other guy does the same. This results in upward of 6 EP's per monk per pack and that really adds up.

I was fortunate to witness this last night and it was unbelievably fast and, most importantly, FUN. And also, Vox and you worked very well together, that teamwork also played an important role there.

Hope we can run sometime soon and someone needs to record that run! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]