Diablo® III

Projected Paragon 2.0 Ramblings

tl;dr version: http://i.imgur.com/LoaPWc4.png
Assumptions: Paragon 2.0 / Loot 2.0 patch will occur the same day AHs are scheduled to go down forever. Seems like a hard date they would aim for.

Current Known Paragon 2.0 stats Per Level
str 5 / dex 5 / int 5 / vit 5
Adventure
Resource 1 / MS 0.5% / MF 6.0% / Pickup 1
Offensive
IAS 0.2% / CC 0.2% CD 1.0% / Cooldown 0.2%
Defensive
AR 5 / Life 0.5% / Armor 0.5% / Dodge 0.5%

* - adventure/defensive values less accurate than others ;-D

Assuming (big A) that the exp required does NOT plateau per level, and the increase remains +33% more every 10 levels, this was the resulting 2.0 level per plvl 100 character:

1 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 100
2 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 123
3 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 136
4 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 145
5 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 153
6 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 159
7 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 164
8 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 169
9 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 173
10 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 176

Personally, with all my characters combined, I'd be Paragon 2.0 level 108 on launch.

Here is the (error full I'm sure) excel I mashed together of known/guessed Paragon 2.0 values to see how the patch would affect my DPS/EHP for the short time we can farm some Loot 2.0 drops before the expansion Launches (somewhat important). Who knows, maybe we can even farm up some low level crusader flails/shields becuase Blizzard is good at coding.

http://i.imgur.com/LoaPWc4.png

Main take aways:
I will need to put on at least 138% MF to farm at max MF again. 44% from Amulet, +22% from followed = 3 peices of 20% MF to swap in. (assuming 6%/level to get to 300% cap at 50 pts invested). From Monk perspective, +50 spirit, pickup, MS aren't worth spending points compared to MF.
My farming DPS isn't hit too bad, but my EHP is. My guess is with the new loot, DPS will increase before expansion while EHP won't
If the .1x multiplier for life steal goes into affect before expansion/after loot 2.0 - that will be a 50% NERF already. (currently a .2 multiplier I believe) So preparing some extra LoH ^_^
Reply Quote
LoH (and LpSS, Globes etc), EHP, MF will all be more valuable stats, which I like because this means more loot will become potentially useful.

The problem is this may cause some to do the lame old fashioned MF gear swapping again. I'm not sure how they will address that as the current Plvl system actually does well to eliminate that. Although it's not my concern what other players do legitimately but it surely can't be desired from a design point of view.

I fully expect that they are aware of this and are probably working on it. However, an early and extensive PTR would unveil more problems and they are taking a risk in keeping most details to themselves.
I really hope we could get the PTR within this year, most players understand the PTR are subject to changes and I really don't see how they are Alpha testing RoS but not Beta testing a promised patch that is suppose to come out earlier than RoS. I hope Blizzcon won't disappoint and will at least have a more detailed and solid update.
Edited by Chewbecca#3227 on 10/20/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
One thing that should be clear is that you don't get points for *every* paragon level combined from all characters on an account,it's based on total *experiance* points. i.e having 5 characters at Plevel 20 is NOT the same as having one at Plevel 100.. I've seen this "point for every paragon level" thing posted all over,and it appears it's NOT the case..
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 08:38 AMPosted by WarHogg
One thing that should be clear is that you don't get points for *every* paragon level combined from all characters on an account,it's based on total *experiance* points. i.e having 5 characters at Plevel 20 is NOT the same as having one at Plevel 100.. I've seen this "point for every paragon level" thing posted all over,and it appears it's NOT the case..

Except it wasnt posted here.
Reply Quote
They WILL change the exp curve. No one will ever reach p300, even if he plays for over 400 years 27/7 at 500m exp/h...
Reply Quote
WHo knows, it could stay the same and only folks who buy the xpack will be able to access the areas/diff where you can earn 5b xp/hr.
Reply Quote
I'm honestly more surprised there isn't more (crying) about the nerf to LS @ Level 60. Unless I'm remembering the wrong coefficient, the current multiplier is .2x (for inferno). So with the current text reading .10x multiplier, not only is everyone's EHP getting whacked, their sustain is hit by 50%?

Time to double LS up, or quadruple LoH! hehe
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Davlok
I'm honestly more surprised there isn't more (crying) about the nerf to LS @ Level 60
As affixes are tweaked, enemies are tweaked to match the changes.

That's why there should be no crying over LS.
Reply Quote
True, RD was the only elites that needed LS.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Highnrich
They WILL change the exp curve. No one will ever reach p300, even if he plays for over 400 years 27/7 at 500m exp/h...

Yeah, even if they linearly extrapolate the experience per level required beyond 100 (which is 8.64M per level increase). The total experience required grows quadratically. Thus, with that formula, 10 paragon 100 characters will result in paragon 2.0 level 214 (almost 215). Also, paragon level 800 would cost about 2.36T (yes, TRILLION) experience! At a very high optimal rate of say 250M exp per hour, this endeavor would take on the order of 10,000 hours (that is over a year of 24/7 playing with zero breaks).

What I believe will likely happen, is that the scales will be reduced so that paragon 800 would take a player the same amount of time to get a few paragon 100 characters. However, as to not instantly get everyone to over paragon 1000 immediately, they will likely multiply all paragon 1.0 experience by some factor (maybe something like 1/10 or 1/10 for experience beyond the first paragon 100 character). This way, newer players won't feel so left behind with no chance to ever compete with players who amassed 10 paragon 100 characters before the switch.
Reply Quote
I eagerly await the exchange rate of paragon experience for paragon 2.0. But there isn't a great deal else to do right now. You could hunt down a few rare items that will always be useful I guess.
Reply Quote
Yah, most folks are just farming XP on other characters while their 100s sit in the barn. I started another Monk after tiring of DH farming.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/20/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Chewbecca
I really hope we could get the PTR within this year, most players understand the PTR are subject to changes and I really don't see how they are Alpha testing RoS but not Beta testing a promised patch that is suppose to come out earlier than RoS. I hope Blizzcon won't disappoint and will at least have a more detailed and solid update.

I think what they are doing since most of what is on the PTR is early alpha builds. They are taking the time to lock in the new features and finish figuring out the new changes. Remember some of what we do not know is still TBD or so we are told.

Do not get me wrong I do believe that in time we will be getting more information. Although like you I hope we get a chance to test those changes coming in the big pre expansion patch. Because if we do not then the chances of them screwing up increases.
Reply Quote
Hopefully beta opens up in December!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]