Diablo® III

New to game, stuck on mp5

I made a new barb and geared him with about 200 million and I'm stuck on mp5 I can easy solo mp5 but anything higher is to tuff any advice on gear upgrades?
Reply Quote
I have a ton of high end extras, and I just get tired of working the AH. I can donate some gears if u hit me up in game this afternoon. Ujean#1111
Reply Quote
I like to use Treasure Goblins to set the bar upon which you can effectively solo a Monster Power.

I cannot view your profile so I cannot see your stats nor gear.

If you can kill Treasure Goblins consistently on a given Monster Power then you will have enough DPS on that Monster Power to quickly take down elite packs. This is important because the longer a battle goes on with elite packs the longer you will be subject to their affixes; such as plague, desecration, arcane, molten, fire chains, etc..

So as long as your DPS is high enough, and as long as you have between 5-6% Life Steal, then you should be able to do a given Monster Power effectively.

I'm leaving out resistances, albeit they are very important and you definitely should strive to have between 600-700 All Resists, but in the current game mechanic Life Steal is crazy good.

Having 45-60k Life doesn't hurt either.
Reply Quote
@Ujean can you look at my barb and see if you can help me, I am in the same boat aafon is.
Reply Quote
@ RomeyOne

Your crit chance is really low as is your vita. You want to aim for 30% or more crit and 45K or more HP. Your HP issue is a relatively ez fix: just sub in vita gems in lieu of str gems (you have a crazy amount of str). Pick up a dollop of crit chance via an ammy. I know that high str and high crit dmg ammy is a dps upgrade overall, but you really need that slot with at least 8.5% cc.

Hopefully this help you get an idea of what you need to look for.
Edited by oOSlushyOo#1208 on 10/16/2013 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@RomeyOne1968

I agree with everything @oOSlushyOo posted regarding your build but I would also like to add that I feel as though your attack speed is a little bit low, especially since you are a 2H.

As with @oOSlushyOo I would definitely get CC on your amulet, but I would also try to get IAS on your gloves. Given that your gloves are not a set piece they should be relatively easy to upgrade or craft. If you're lucky you can also get IAS on your amulet, but your primary focus on your amulet is CC.
Edited by Kurama#1461 on 10/16/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
thank you for the info, tonight I will log on and try to fix.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aafon-1954/
heres a link to my char page i need help with my barb!! i wanna do mp 10
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aafon-1954/ heres a link to my char page i need help with my barb!! i wanna do mp 10

First and foremost you only have 29.2k Life, that is no where near enough to be doing MP 10.

Assuming that your damage is 206k unbuffed (ie; no Battle Rage, no buffs) then you are just at the mark that people like to reach for dps in MP 10.

Your All Resists seem a bit low, and you could definitely do with replacing your Strongarm bracers with ones that have All Resist.

I would also love to see your Shoulders with some Vitality as well.

Otherwise it's a decent start, but you definitely need #1 more Life, and #2 more All Resist.

Lastly you can get more Attack Speed.

Remember, if you're dying then dps means nothing.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aafon-1954/
heres a link to my char page i need help with my barb!! i wanna do mp 10

You need 5+ Lifesteal. Having only bloodthirst is not going to help at all. And more Life. And more AR. So on. There is a sticky on top in the Barb forum for gearing and other helpful guides. Check there first please.
Reply Quote
Hey gang!

I, too, am in need of some serious advice. I am stuck on mp5. Mp6 is doable but takes a lot more death and time. My long term objective is mp10 and my short term objective is to gain paragon levels as fast as can be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for starting this thread, aafon, and I appreciate you, Planet.
Reply Quote
Hey gang!

I, too, am in need of some serious advice. I am stuck on mp5. Mp6 is doable but takes a lot more death and time. My long term objective is mp10 and my short term objective is to gain paragon levels as fast as can be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for starting this thread, aafon, and I appreciate you, Planet.

very important for you to meet at least 2.5 BP. there are complete guide for you to follow to get into this BP..

replace your Shout with OPKS and use brawler passive... u onli need 2 source of healing..
Reply Quote
i heard that you have to put the fastest weapon on your offhand for more ticks rate... is that right ??? like in my case, my dagger is faster then my EF... will my dps still increase ? i mean if i switch the dagger to MH ?
Edited by pheonixriser#1806 on 10/17/2013 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 07:22 AMPosted by pheonixriser
i heard that you have to put the fastest weapon on your offhand for more ticks rate... is that right ??? like in my case, my dagger is faster then my EF... will my dps still increase ? i mean if i switch the dagger to MH ?

for DTWW build, yes. high avg damage weapon always on MH slot (your EF fear chance is "very nice").. use online calculator to calculate your actual tDPS..
Edited by SabenarianX#6876 on 10/17/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey gang!

very important for you to meet at least 2.5 BP. there are complete guide for you to follow to get into this BP..

replace your Shout with OPKS and use brawler passive... u onli need 2 source of healing..

Pardon me, but what is "BP"?
Reply Quote
breakpoint
Reply Quote
Here there is a guide on how to build a barb,
The author is Chazzers, and I build my barb with that guide and I was able to do MP10.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1f3ek1/guide_to_building_a_barb_in_108/

It might help you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]