Diablo® III

What To Do Till The Expansion ?

G'day,

How is everyone finding the game now and what are they doing to keep things interesting before the expansion ? Lets share some the things we are doing to keep the game fun.

I have my Monk at a level where its a lot of fun to farm on MP5. So having a great time working on Paragon levels and hoping that a good legendary drops.

Also slowly working on getting keys etc for Hellfire ring.....still !

Then when bored with that can go to my Magic Find Gear and do some farming for Leoric's Signet Ring. I could buy one but that is not the point and call me strange but will be fun to farm and amazing when it finally drops !

Then when ring drops, I have sets of Cains already to go, so will have fun with other classes and get a few others to level 60 prior to new expansion.

So have to admit I am loving Diablo 3 right now...maybe I have went stir crazy farming for that darn ring !

If anyone wants to join in farming feel free to add me Atherwolf#1336
Reply Quote
do some farming for Leoric's Signet Ring. I could buy one but that is not the point

Not to mention about 45mil buyout (last time I looked anyway)... waste of gold when a hellfire, cains set, and helm with at least 23% xp ruby does a good job when being power leveled (OK, I got some other +xp gear too from my first run through as each class).

10/17/2013 02:48 AMPosted by Atherwolf
Also slowly working on getting keys etc for Hellfire ring.....still !

Nothing wrong with that... all other active players I knew when I got my HF already had theirs. I believe some others like Aussie and Zureth are still working their way towards a HF so perhaps you guys can all work together.

So have to admit I am loving Diablo 3 right now

I have to say the same, esp now that my bro is back in the game!

How is everyone finding the game now and what are they doing to keep things interesting before the expansion ?

I've been reading up on the RoS changes that have been datamined. I have to say that, with the heavy hit Life Steal looks to be getting and bigger emphasis on life regen, the bulk of my characters look to fair quite well come RoS with only my Wiz not having much life regen.

Duration of WotB and Archon cannot be extended and the triple whammy for the Barb is that the Battle Rage - Into the Fray rune won't generate Fury on crit from the look of things. We can expect the Double WW Barb to be dead.

Ironically, the CM Wiz skills look like they won't be nerfed... but if Blizzard breaks APOC, there goes any chance of the CM Wizard working as I seriously doubt AP regen will ever be as effective as APOC is with 45%+ crit chance.

I'm hoping LoH still comes in effective so my Wiz's survivability won't suffer dramatically. But I am looking at bolstering her life regen to some degree while the AH is still up.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the direction Blizzard is taking these changes. I don't want to see these builds broken... I just want to see other builds become as viable. Still, I'm expecting that I'll be going back to my old way of playing a Wiz.
Reply Quote
I don't mind working with you to get some HF rings..

I'm mostly looking to level my WD to paragon 100 but I wouldn't mind the change up
Reply Quote
Been working on all charactors slowly working them up to 100,but due to work and only a couple of hours a day i doubt im gonna get any of them anywhere near 100 before the expansion.Iv spent many an hour hunting down hell fire rings and now have one for every charactor class (mops brow).
Iv just decided to go back and get another after a long break from the ring becuace im at the piont that simply leveling by itself although fun should be done with other accomplishments in mind.
Intersting fact iv found is where the keywardens are placed are plenty of monsters which makes for good leveing at the same time.If you need any hints or help just look me up im more than happy to help.I( think aot of people wait untill they level up high enough to get the ring easier as minimum of mp5 in reality is needed in order to get a good chance of a drop from the wardens.Minimum of mp7 when facing down the ubers.Iv managed to aquire all the keys by myself and dont have a charactor above paragon 40 and at the time of my last ring wasnt any more than p30 so can be done.Dont face the ubers alone and always take a Tank!!!!! lol
Reply Quote
HI guys.

As a note on getting your hellfire rings - to make sure you get a 100% drop - farm your keys at your preferred level - then hit up peoeple like Ryoka:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581939

As long as you provide the machines - he will assemble a crew for you at MP10 and get you through it with a minimum of fuss...

If you need help with keys - you can add me NickBaldyM#6414 - I am happy to help farm xp/keys

Cheers
Reply Quote
- I found entertaining to try to use gear what "normaly" gets salvaged, dicover their hidden potential
- I like to power level ppl with my DH and challenge myself to keep them alive
- ZDS or better to say "Vacuum" monk is my current project.

Talking about HF rings, I have enough keys to make ~30 machines = 10 HF rings. Will open portals on mp10 only, can help to carry too.
Reply Quote
Hi Defender,
I have about the same number of machines and would like to have some company to do mp10 urbers. Can solo Ghom but not the others. I am on most nights 7-11 EST NSW so hit me up and we can get rid of the machines.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Personally I've been playing the console version(it's an interesting change) but I also play a lot of Hearthstone and got Zelda on WiiU last week so it has taken over my gaming now.

In relation to D3 though it tends to happen with any game once an expansion is announced/gets closer, people go into pre expansion mode, just planning out how to make there heros better for the expansion grind.

Interesting to see what people are up to though.
Reply Quote
- I found entertaining to try to use gear what "normaly" gets salvaged, dicover their hidden potential
- I like to power level ppl with my DH and challenge myself to keep them alive

Funny how a few of us have been looking at using gear not normally used.

For me it started with making a TR monk using Daibos, and then a melee DH with cost reduction to Chakram.

I've been looking at a perma disintegrate build using Tal Rasha's set armour pieces and The Tormentor staff... should be good, until they nerf Life Steal.

I'll be powerleveling Jim's Barb sometime for him to make a Throwing Weapon/Seismic Slam barb.

Other than that, the Book of Tyrael came today so I'll be reading that.
Reply Quote
Great to read what others have been doing. Looks like there is a good number of us liking the game right now no matter with the trolls.

Thanks to all the offers for help and ideas. I have added people to my friends list to look forward to seeing you in game.

Now just off to see if Leoric's Ring drops this time :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]