Diablo® III

[Guide] - Max EXP/hr in Patch 1.0.8 (solo)

Write a guide for Act 4 next. With the key warden now dropping a random key (I think) it would be more funner to farm right? Heh
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Okay, the videos should all be up and working and the guide is now fully published.

As with all my guides there are still parts that I am working on so please be patient for them! I will, as always, be answering any and all questions so hit me with your best shot! ;)
View profile
too early for shots, druin. i'll smoke you out though.

btw druin for future reference if you don't already know, if you have your map hotkeyed as say.. 'R' you can continuously tap it while TR'n and not have to stop channeling while looking at map.
Edited by RelytReborn#1727 on 10/21/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Wait, did the "druin" change to "ding" in your intro.
I need to watch that again!

awesome :D!!!!
Reply Quote
Good stuff. The DC finding pic should come in handy. I need to at least try this thing out to see what kind of results I get.

I already have Zuni boots also, so I just need a dex Leoric's now.

At the long explanation part of "back to town" I think you meant DC instead of CotA.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
too early for shots, druin. i'll smoke you out though.

btw druin for future reference if you don't already know, if you have your map hotkeyed as say.. 'R' you can continuously tap it while TR'n and not have to stop channeling while looking at map.

I did not know this ... I will have to look into it.
My skills are bound to qwer so I will have to have a different key ... but I like the idea!

Wait, did the "druin" change to "ding" in your intro.
I need to watch that again!

awesome :D!!!!

Hahaha!
It's always been "Druin Presents" -> "Ding 100 Productions"

I like making production company names for the games I play :D

Good stuff. The DC finding pic should come in handy. I need to at least try this thing out to see what kind of results I get.

I already have Zuni boots also, so I just need a dex Leoric's now.

At the long explanation part of "back to town" I think you meant DC instead of CotA.

Glad you liked it and thanks for the catch! (fixed)
Edited by Druin#1518 on 10/21/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Note: Backlash snapshots specific stats such as CHD/APS/LS which can make for some very funny gear-swap specs. If you are using Backlash, I recommend checking out my Backlash snapshot guide here: <link>

Cant wait to see that ;)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/21/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Troglodyte
Cant wait to see that ;)

Actually forgot I wrote that into the guide ... <sigh> I guess I have more filming to do!
Nice info, those maps were especially helpful.

If you were to not use EP I would also recommend doing the whole TR into the wall for the "inner sanctuary" as I like to call it. It works nicely in Crypts seeing as melee zombies can't touch you and the massive "prepped" mobs will swarm you like Flies on poop while doing little to no damage (except from mothers spitting at you) and when they're as close as possible just turn around and fire away. The clean-up won't be as bad!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/21/2013 02:04 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
If you were to not use EP I would also recommend doing the whole TR into the wall for the "inner sanctuary" as I like to call it. It works nicely in Crypts seeing as melee zombies can't touch you and the massive "prepped" mobs will swarm you like Flies on poop while doing little to no damage (except from mothers spitting at you) and when they're as close as possible just turn around and fire away. The clean-up won't be as bad!

I think I will actually try this out. I will drop EP, take Blind then corral the largest possible pack together using close to 0 IAS.

There are occasionally rooms with 6-7 zombie spawners in DC and I have always felt like I wasn't getting the max value from this potential ... perhaps this is how! :D
Absolutely just sit there in the DC 2 where there's usually like 12 mothers and run in the corner for a minute or whatever and they'll just keep up the vomiting. Great way to bide the time while you wait for cooldowns too.

And I think monks finally can see how useful walls and corners are for WoL! Which is why I want them to keep the knockback... Crypts are the perfect area for WoL/TR monks! Really hope RoS is like this too.
Edited by WhiteWalker#1388 on 10/21/2013 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
@Druin

You make several references to MP10, so I have a question. Is MP10 best for max XP? I realize that 95% of the info above still applies regardless, but have you tested other MP levels? I was also thinking that if you can "get away" with using an HF ring on MP8, but not MP10 or using something like FF in place of OWE or STI, it could increase XP/HR.

Edit: I forgot to say...awesome guide, I learned a couple things, thanks.
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 10/21/2013 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tried every other skill instead of dash.for dual-wield
Liked BoH:BW and BF:FitL the most.
Also in case of dual-wield there's quite an unusual problem: if I come with full stacks of SW (especially Cyclone), they might even not need a bell at all to explode ^^.
Will be keeping a close eye on the viability of this concept in a future expansion, hoping this will be my primary build for that with some tweaks (much likely diamonds in weapons and Blinding flash damage boost to get rid of the elites quicker as white mobs will die anyways)
Also feel like this might be mixed with nirvana core for more bells, full spirit pool after combo as well thus allowing to change EP rune to 12% received damage. That looks nice on paper but definitely needs to be tested further
Reply Quote
]

Plus, I am willing to bet money that me soloing this run is better than ~99% of the groups out there. If you factor in the time and energy it takes to get a group together and hold it together for any meaningful period of time, I might actually come out ahead in a true-xp/hr average in even more cases. <3

I agree. Most groups are pretty bad lol.

Nice guide!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the guide druin, took me a fair while to read, must have taken you even longer to write. I've been starting my runs on the "Broken Blade" quest, just so my start point in automatically in either WR or CotA, and then using the WP to head to FoM and clearing. Really should try out the cemetary >> FoM port (won't work for broken blade quest starters though)

if I come with full stacks of SW (especially Cyclone), they might even not need a bell at all to explode ^^.

Find that the same goes for is you're running backlash - most of the time I'm the couple of seconds I take to hit FOT-Q a apply some EPs the mobs just blow up.
Reply Quote
Good stuff Druin.

This is as nice as your hair is!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
You make several references to MP10, so I have a question. Is MP10 best for max XP? I realize that 95% of the info above still applies regardless, but have you tested other MP levels? I was also thinking that if you can "get away" with using an HF ring on MP8, but not MP10 or using something like FF in place of OWE or STI, it could increase XP/HR.

Hey Azn,

Let me break this down for you.
You can see the XP bonuses for MP levels in this post --
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560

For my monk, if we assume I am using a Hellfire (35) Marquis Ruby (33) Hellfire+Leoric's on follower (13) I have a total bonus XP from gear of 81%
In MP9 I will have 420% + 81% = 501%
In MP10 I will have 510% + 81% = 591%
591/501 = 1.18
This means I would need to clear MP9 18% faster than I clear MP10 or kill 18% more monsters.
This is extremely unlikely as 18% is a lot and EP doesn't do more damage on lower MP levels.

For a monk choosing between hellfire or a higher MP, here is the way to figure it out --
MP6 w/o hellfire = 215 + 31 (helm) + 7 (follower) = 253%
MP5 /w hellfire = 165 + 31 (helm) + 35 (hellfire) + 7 (follower) = 238%
253/238 = 1.06
You need to clear MP5 6% faster than MP6 for that to be worth it.

Now, you can do these calcs for any MP level given any set of gear and figure out if it's worth it or not! :D

10/21/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Nivre
Thanks for the guide druin, took me a fair while to read, must have taken you even longer to write. I've been starting my runs on the "Broken Blade" quest, just so my start point in automatically in either WR or CotA, and then using the WP to head to FoM and clearing. Really should try out the cemetary >> FoM port (won't work for broken blade quest starters though)

That is definitely interesting!

Checkpoints and waypoints are one of my weakest areas of game knowledge and generally where I get tripped up when trying to do things efficiently. I will have to look into Broken Blade for the "casual" run so that you can start in WR or CotA ... seems quite good tbh.

10/21/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Crazzy
Also in case of dual-wield there's quite an unusual problem: if I come with full stacks of SW (especially Cyclone), they might even not need a bell at all to explode ^

I am not sure how this is happening tbh. I have a LOT of DPS and I can still FoT-Q x3 EP x3 and Overawe-bell before anything dies.

If I use Backlash (especially snapshotted) then definitely things die before I can get the bell off ... but SW does pretty poor dmg compared to life-totals in MP10!
Thanks for the great guide! I went from DH to Monk To Archon Wiz and now I have a reason to finish leveling my 2nd Monk to P100 Solo mode :)
Reply Quote
View profile
@Druin

Thanks for the detailed reply; that cleared up all my MP level questions. However, I have one more question. You mentioned bonus XP from gear on your follower. However, my scoundrel has an HF ring equipped, but I don't see any bonus for XP in my profile. Is the display bugged or does +XP gear not work on followers?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]