Diablo® III

[Guide] - Max EXP/hr in Patch 1.0.8 (solo)

Druin,

Thanks for another fantastic guide! I don't have a lot of time to play, but your guides always get me excited enough to carve out some time to play. If I ever make p100, it will definitely be thanks to you!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
My youtube page....where I have my D3 suff at....links and all. Nothing too exciting. But maybe i'll generate a few extra hits for you!

Ah! I see!

Well that is down-right awesome, thank you very much Pie! :D

———————————————————————————————————————

10/23/2013 02:01 PMPosted by betocorp
@Druin

Hello Betocorp,

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Some issues that I have found: 1) I die to 2 bulls rushing, lock/freeze/vortex/RD 2) 500ms lag spike in middle of mobs 3) low damage to elites

Pretty much everyone dies to 2x bull rushes. This is just one of the downsides to abusing FoM's extremely high mob density. To be totally honest, I am glad that the best zone in the game kills people with maxed MP10 gear. It's refreshing! :D

But what made me change is that: in group, I cant pull/buff the party because I had no enough spirit to do my job. The only way to play is having a second monk doing pull/buff and I making hitkill bels. So in group play even having expensive low IAS gear I must had to play dual wield in most time.

I have found successful ways to make 2h work in group situations and I have a zDPS build for my Doom Hammer (of sorts) but I think it is significantly worse than dual-1h true zDPS.

That being said, zDPS gear is cheap as heck so it's not like having both suits is all that much of a strain.

And then THAT being said, I don't like grouping. So that probably plays a pretty big role in it! :D

10/23/2013 04:15 PMPosted by betocorp
I and almost everyone dont play solo or party only, I am just saying in my post that I couldnt find any synergies with a top gear for this build and party play if you are the only monk.

See my below response to Nivre. I think my gear-set is pretty well-suited for insta-switching to a dual-1h set. IAS is good for TR-EP-Bells so it's not as bad as switching from cookie-bells VotA farming (0IAS) to dual-1h.

10/23/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Nivre
From whatever little monk knowledge I have I must say I don't quite agree with this statement. While I do feel that 2h monks are largely more spirit starved and therefore less effective in groups requiring pulling and buffing, I think the main / only real difference is the weapon setup.

I agree pretty strongly here. If you look at my gear, aside from the Inna's helm with spir/sec on it, I could swap to a dual-1h setup and be nearly perfectly geared still.

The only difference is I went for some purposeful avoidance of +average-damage because it's terrible for 2h specs and amazing for 1h specs ... that is a pretty minor thing though.

I can actually hit 300k DPS with my dual-1h setup I just don't like the playstyle at all.

Plus, when soloing, it's simply worse. My 2h setup is (I believe) the highest possible xp/hr in the game as a solo monk. Everything else is a downgrade! :D

Druin, I only troll those I like. It is my gift to you :)

<3

Druin, thanks for the lengthy reply (from doing the odds n ends thread I know it's a lot of work to go through your post and hit everyone with a reply, especially one with like 4 edits).

So thanks!! I'll give this a couple more hours and see how I like it and post my thoughts on it. Here's to hoping I have enough EHP to knock it out of the park!

No problem buddy!

It is a fair amount of work but, from my TR guide, I know it really helps so I will try to keep up the responses for as long as I can! :D

Also, wonderful chatting last night ... I think your monk is in a realllllly good spot!
(phys-res VW = DruinSecretStrats2013.doc)

Sounded awesome so I thought I'd give it a go. 37 new games later with not a single DC I gave up.

My best guesstimate of the %chance for DC to spawn is ~25%.
This would put the chances of it not spawning in 37 games at 0.75^37 = 2.4 *10^-5 or 0.0024%

Even if it only spawns 5% of the time your chances to get 0 in 37 games is 0.95^37 = 15%

I would likely assume that this would never happen again as long as you played Diablo III.

In something like 10 billion XP worth of this run I have had a maximum gap between DC's of ~7-8 game-remakes.

Druin, thanks a lot for the guide. I'm not sure if it has sped up my XP/hour, but it has made it more fun. Grinding plvls was starting to get annoying and I'm not even halfway done, xp wise. It had gotten to the point where I was starting to hear bells at work...

Hey Deathwing,

Thanks a bunch for the support! I am really glad that you are having more fun. That is flat-out better than getting more xp/hr! :D

I think a couple other people suggested MoE:Backlash and I'd like to reiterate that. It's great if you don't have the EHP/DPS to survive on just sweeping winds and FoT. And even that aside, I was preferring backlash on my normal MP7 clears because it provides a crucial role of life leach in between bells. Get knocked back by a bull? If you survive with ~10% of your health, you'll likely have full health by the time you recover thanks to backlash. Deplete your spirit gathering up a large pack? Wade into them without fear while you FoT:Q back up to full. It also lets you strategically place palms because you have more time to pick out the low health targets. Harder than it sounds, especially when trash loot starts littering the floor.

I couldn't possibly say this better myself. This is the flagship endorsement for Backlash and everyone who is having trouble living with Overawe should be forced to read this testamonial.

Mind if I copy paste it into the guide?

Couple off topic questions, Druin. I noticed you're still picking up essences. How come you haven't rolled a chest or amulet yet? Or are you, and you haven't gotten a good roll yet?

I haven't even attempted to roll an Amulet. My ammy is a 5.5/6 ammy and 5 of the 5.5 stats are near-max/max rolls. The likelihood that a crafted ammy would be a DPS upgrade without tanking my eHP is so staggeringly low that I have little interest in rolling them.

As for the chest, I simply haven't decided if I want to roll a chest yet! :D
A crafted chest could never make up for the 8% IAS on my Tal's nor would it ever look as good. Similarly it could never make up for the 4x Inna's that my Inna's chest provides.

I am simply not sure if it's worth the time.

What I do know is that any potential upgrades in my Monk's future will be from DE's so I continue to pick them up! :D

Failing to get much past 170m rates on your build/run or my build/run ~_~

Can't use a hellfire ring either considering i don't have a viable one. Plus eHP is already bad enough as is, so i'm gonna stick with my 3million gold rare ring that gives phys res, lol. i did take STI to reduce deaths, but the only times I can even pass 200m rates are single runs that have crypts (LOL crypts OP). For anything sustained consisting of like 1/3rd or less crypts it's like down at 160-170'ish.

TBH it's a little disappointing, as those are like the rates I got running scorps on my original monk like half year ago ~_~ lol.

:(

Are you not doing the 100% Crypt runs? You should. They are much better and you would have a higher shot at >200m xp/hr.

Also, You could get Vit Inna's pants with 2x Vit gems for FoM and DC and use the Dex versions for elites. The loss of DPS from Vit pants is hard to notice in Fields and the extra HP is wonder-tastic.

10/24/2013 03:13 AMPosted by Wilson
To give an example between my own experience and what you show in your videos. I simply can't tank the stuff you are tanking with single life steal, mainly due to the lower DPS. If you'll like maybe try a 200K DPS DW set? (unsocket your weapon?) The level which most people would assume to be MP10 ready. Maybe just "if you can't survive, use dual LS. After all, two handers are dual LS."

Hey Wilson,

Perhaps I was unclear in my video ... I do not recommend ANYONE use single-LS 1h. I think it's a terrible setup but my 1h spear is for PvP so it doesn't have LS and I have no interest in spending billions on one that does! :D

Everyone should be using dual-LS whether that is on a 2h or two 1h weps.
(only exception is a sword/board setup where the shield gives you enough eHP to make up for the lack of dual-LS)

With regards to MoE:Backlash.
Pure sustain, works better with DW since the spirt gen cycle is so short. But 48% less damage on bell again contradicts the first point. Your skill set is so tight, that any tweaks might simply make it unviable = (. After testing again, yea... just dropping the MPs still makes the most sense.

I had a fair amount of success with MoE-Backlash in my testing. I like it less than Overawe because it is less clean and I can adjust my gear to compensate for eHP issues ... but I think Backlash is a perfectly viable skill for most monks who are looking to use this spec with lower eHP than me.

192.08m xp, much better than the last time and 200m is doable. Spent less time finding DCs this time.

Improvement! 200m is just around the bend Dom! :D

10/24/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Beave
Actually finding the places where DC is spawning is pretty fast, but finding a good spot to TP out of FOM is quite hard sometimes. Those goatmen follow you almost anywhere! I'm thinking of just leaving the game and probably dying in those 10s. It feels wrong somehow though.

Hey Beave,

I actually have a HUGE issue with this.

I believe leaving the game and dying is the correct choice but my brain simply won't let me.

I have found the second most efficient non-dying choice is to run back to the WP which is how I do it 100% of the time now.

When you get lucky, you can zone into one of the random dungeons and port back because the entrance is usually clear.

@Druin
Thx for this awesome guide, btw. You make this game way more interesting for me. €>
I'm looking forward to your XP-Run film production :)

I am so glad to hear this! It is pretty much the best thing I can hope to have happen when I make a guide so it's always wonderful to get this kind of feedback!

I will get that video out soon(tm)! :D

Druin,

Thanks for another fantastic guide! I don't have a lot of time to play, but your guides always get me excited enough to carve out some time to play. If I ever make p100, it will definitely be thanks to you!

<3

Feel free to use that, Druin.

As for Tal's chest, you're right that it won't make up the IAS. A very good double dex roll and max sockets will come close. A well rolled BoA chest will easily beat a Tal's in EHP though. But you're probably right in that it's not worth the time because 5 of the stats are random on BoA, while only 2 are on Tal's.

I'm curious that you mentioned 4 piece Inna's. I'll admit I check your profile from time to time for passive gearing advice. And to stare jealously at your weapon. But I haven't noticed you wear an Inna's chest piece in a long time. Where is that bonus still useful, assuming you'd have to give up a crit mempo or witching hour to achieve it?

Caveat: yes, I fully realize I'm still wearing 4 piece myself. I'm lazy and haven't farmed up the money to replace any of those slots yet.

Oh, and this run more than likely IS faster than what I was doing before(MP7 FW->Leorics->WH->FoM-Halls 2), I just got sick of timing my runs. I like to alt tab out a lot, do this do that, it was making accurate time keeping annoying and farming even less fun.
Edited by Deathwing#1616 on 10/24/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
As for Tal's chest, you're right that it won't make up the IAS. A very good double dex roll and max sockets will come close. A well rolled BoA chest will easily beat a Tal's in EHP though. But you're probably right in that it's not worth the time because 5 of the stats are random on BoA, while only 2 are on Tal's.

Actually, a nice dex/vit roll would make a well-rolled crafted chest be far more damage than a Tal's.

I was referring to the utility that IAS grants which can't possibly be made up for no matter the dex / eHP gain.

When I accidentally use my SoJ instead of my Hellfire and lose just 6% IAS my combo feels much harder to correctly activate. So I can't imagine feeling very good with a perma 8% loss.

I'm curious that you mentioned 4 piece Inna's. I'll admit I check your profile from time to time for passive gearing advice. And to stare jealously at your weapon. But I haven't noticed you wear an Inna's chest piece in a long time. Where is that bonus still useful, assuming you'd have to give up a crit mempo or witching hour to achieve it?

I believe 4x Inna's is still BiS for DE farming in VotA. When I hit paragon 100 (soon) you will see 4x Inna's on my char again because I want to try for that elusive 50De's/hr achievement.

Leoric's is terrible. Halls is okay but the xp from many of the mob-types was nerfed in 1.0.8 and the hammer guys can 1 shot me on MP10 so I don't go there.
Really, are you sure about that? Hmmm, maybe I had something entered wrong in D3rawr. I didn't think ~130 dex could equal 9% IAS. Good point about about execution speed, something I frequently forget when just staring at numbers. The amount of times I die to bull rushes is 50% me being greedy and trying to get another hit in, or the server rubber banding me back into harm's way. I swear that's the only silver lining in TR's base speed increase being removed in RoS.

Ah, I can see how 4 piece Inna's would be helpful for VotA farming. Has anyone done the math on DE's per hour? Drop chance doesn't seem to scale well with MP and elite HP.

Leoric's is indeed terrible. I was including it to get 5 stack if FW didn't suffice before heading off WH. I also like it for elites(on MP7), but that was before I wised up and segregated my xp and DE farming into separate activities.

Heh, those hammer guys are actually the first ones I though of when I watched your video on the first datamined patch notes. Those are the mobs I want the WoL knockback for!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Really, are you sure about that? Hmmm, maybe I had something entered wrong in D3rawr. I didn't think ~130 dex could equal 9% IAS.

Tal's can only roll up to 100 dex so it's 230 dex vs 9% IAS and 230 dex wins.

Ah, I can see how 4 piece Inna's would be helpful for VotA farming. Has anyone done the math on DE's per hour? Drop chance doesn't seem to scale well with MP and elite HP.

There is an entire thread about the all-time world records for DE's/hr.
My personal max is 47.3 so I am still a ways off my dream of 50.
(note this is an hour-set fully recorded)

View profile
Been doing this run for a while now. Works great for a Ballerina barb. I put on some tank/low dps gear and agro everything in the crypt like crazy, grab the 2 NV stacks in level 2, port out put on my dps gear and go to the festering woods, finish getting my NV, grab the WP to town and port back to level 2 in the crypts and run it backwards. Finish up in the fields of misery. Repeat.

I bet it gets the nerf bat soon though...
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 10/24/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Druin: Have you tried my build on MP7 for VotA? It should be possible for you to improve your score. It's possible that the low LS on your Doom Hammer (I consider anything below 6% LS to be low when doing RD packs with WoL:WoL) might not allow you to use WoL over Empowered to full potential, but if it is with some lower dps gear and more mitigation it could be worth it as so far I still think WoL to be superior.

Months before I tried a ~5% LS but otherwise near perfect Skorn that I bought to attempt to make 50. After all kinds of attempts and trying to switch around gear for more mitigation I concluded it just wasn't possible to use a 5% LS Skorn because of RD. I had to sell it shortly after.

Ever since the AH removal news and RoS leaks I sadly decided to stop upgrading my Monk gear. Soon after when I no longer had 2b available I noticed a perfect 33x dex,145x dps, 6% ls, 200CD Skorn with 2b buyout on AH, and despite that buyout no one had bought it for half a day or something. Instead they kept bidding at about 500mil or so. There was just so much supply at the time.

That would have been the Skorn or even better with the LS that I needed on the first one to make 50. It's a pity really.

Now if I'm doing VotA and want 50 I'm probably stuck to getting really good rng unless I can come up with something new. Haven't really tried before or after that 1 video. Which is actually still a bit shocking considering I got that on first try and with lower dps. It could have been just about some good rng. But maybe all those MP10 VotA tries and excessive 3 week server lag taught me something new. After all, after you've done MP10 for some time, MP7 feels like paper.

I'd like to get 50 of course but reaching 50 is not such a big deal, that's why I sort of stopped gearing. RoS is just around the corner anyway. My best VotA that actually has 1 less elite score was the best one because it was done without shrines, I got one shotted by wraiths at the last corner of VotA and then spawned at the other part of the map so I lost that 1. On top at the end there was almost something like a half a minute without finding any elites or goblins. If those 2 things had gone differently I had gotten that ~50 or even ~50+1 score. Add some shrines to that, it would have been so there. I guess it never hurts to stop trying.

Anyway. Are you using the method I popularized of ending some VotA clears prematurely when the odds are seemingly against for it to be timely worth it to continue if receiving a certain amount of elites by a certain point. And also if you've got 8 elites even near the end of the map, it's often not worth it to continue even then. I think I've got a pretty good idea by now how to do that well. It could use a map picture too but I just cba to make them, it would need more than 1 map. And it would still only be my own perspective of it. I'm just not that into VotA these days. Also there's some little things about the route that can maximize found elites and goblins and reduce the amount of time needed to check some areas.

One example is I always start the map by going around the first circle from the left these days just in case there is an elite that I can get a peak off either by effects,color, fast enchanted mob movement or aggro. It's possible that the entire VotA would end prematurely and I wouldn't even reach that far otherwise. It rarely pays off, but it does pay off.

Another example. Near the top of the map for example if the last path to the right of the map is the short version it should be checked first by passing the circle from the right side just enough in to just take a peak and then go all the way to the top. To go back there to take a short peak after going all the way to the top would add some seconds to the run.

The higher the resolution, the easier it's also to see all these things. I'm at 1080p. Resolution advantage going right/left if used near to perfection can save some time by spending less time running back and forth. It can also uncover some hidden elites or goblins easier as in the first example, and in general everywhere.

I've come up with several other things also that can in theory improve the score. I find that it really helps if you can somehow arrange a situation or get lucky to receive a situation where you can fight 2 packs at once.

I think based on the latest video that something that I can definitely improve upon is actually spending 10 seconds to leave a game rather than attempting to portal out sometimes. If I have to move prior to casting portal that could be almost enough to determine that portal is a no go that particular time. There was for example one instance on my short analysis of my video where I think I lost at least 6 seconds on a single game by getting my portal interrupted. That is worth 1 more elite alone because the rules on that challenge state that if you can attack the last elite before the time is out, that will still count.

If I get 5 of those mistakes over 22 clears or so losing 5 seconds each, I lose 25 seconds and that is definitely worth more elites. I also think that anyone with superfast disk may be able to load the game faster and get some advantages on entering/leaving game after 22 clears. I'm using USB3 to play on, though a very fast one myself.

There's still many other things I've come up with and not all of them I can for sure say even work.

I'd also like to mention that the thread you mentioned does indeed contain the highest scores with proof that I'm aware of.
Edited by dominatus#2534 on 10/25/2013 3:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Druin, wonderful guide. Many thanks for your good work.

Just to let you know, your dual wield youtube guide is currently banned (in the UK anyway) due to a record company taking offence to a track used in the soundtrack!! Grrrrrr.

MojoPin
Reply Quote
Awesome guide, Driun. I switched from a standard TR build (which was already very entertaining) to this and now I'm having even more fun than I was before. Thanks! :D

I do have one tiny bit of criticism: "TR + EP + Bells" is a not a very catchy name. :(

Here's my suggestion: TREPping Bells.

Because puns are awesome.
Edited by mzy#1101 on 10/25/2013 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/25/2013 02:46 AMPosted by dominatus
@Druin: Have you tried my build on MP7 for VotA? It should be possible for you to improve your score. It's possible that the low LS on your Doom Hammer (I consider anything below 6% LS to be low when doing RD packs with WoL:WoL) might not allow you to use WoL over Empowered to full potential, but if it is with some lower dps gear and more mitigation it could be worth it as so far I still think WoL to be superior.

Hey Dom,

I am not sure what your VotA build is but I was running this --
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ecaSYk!dZb!aZYYca

However I now believe that I can hit 50 running this --
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ecaSbk!dZg!bZYYca

Possibly even this --
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#ecaYbk!dZg!bZYcca

The combo strike version is much more consistent than the no-SW version ... though hitting for 4m crits with Empowered Wave is pretty cute! :D

Months before I tried a ~5% LS but otherwise near perfect Skorn that I bought to attempt to make 50. After all kinds of attempts and trying to switch around gear for more mitigation I concluded it just wasn't possible to use a 5% LS Skorn because of RD. I had to sell it shortly after.

With this gear, I gain life while hitting RD mobs --
http://d3up.com/b/476188/druin-pve-vota-mp5-6#gear

I have never really had problems with RD with my various VotA specs. When using WoL it can be a bit dangerous to use Faith in the Light AND Overawe at the same time because crits above ~4.5m can kill me if I am not at full life.

I'd like to get 50 of course but reaching 50 is not such a big deal, that's why I sort of stopped gearing.

I gave up on it for a while but with my newly crafted gloves and a perfect 6/2.2/30/7 SoJ combined with my new spec innovation from the MP10 VotA challenge I think I really have a shot. It would be a very nice milestone to add to my list of accomplishments so I am happy to throw a couple of hours at it ... plus DE's are technically my easiest upgrade path atm! :D

Anyway. Are you using the method I popularized of ending some VotA clears prematurely when the odds are seemingly against for it to be timely worth it to continue if receiving a certain amount of elites by a certain point. And also if you've got 8 elites even near the end of the map, it's often not worth it to continue even then. I think I've got a pretty good idea by now how to do that well. It could use a map picture too but I just cba to make them, it would need more than 1 map. And it would still only be my own perspective of it. I'm just not that into VotA these days. Also there's some little things about the route that can maximize found elites and goblins and reduce the amount of time needed to check some areas.

Heh! This would be one of those fun coincidences.
Yes, I do use a conditional-clear method of VotA farming. However, I was unaware that anyone else had come up with this concept. When I talked to Chaz about it, it was news to him and he used my strategy to nail down his 53 de's/hr run that remains the current world-record.

My method is generally -- get to 6 and leave because 6 is the min # of mobs that VotA can contain and thus each additional elite after 6 is a %chance to spawn and worth, in total, less than the 6 previous elites before it.

There are some highly specific details about my strategy that matter very little to anyone not attempting to set a record such as when to bail at 5 where the breakpoints in VotA are ... ect.

Great mind think alike I suppose Dom! :D

One example is I always start the map by going around the first circle from the left these days just in case there is an elite that I can get a peak off either by effects,color, fast enchanted mob movement or aggro. It's possible that the entire VotA would end prematurely and I wouldn't even reach that far otherwise. It rarely pays off, but it does pay off.

This is extremely good advice and I will begin doing this. Never thought about the extra sight advantage from this method! Thanks.

I've come up with several other things also that can in theory improve the score. I find that it really helps if you can somehow arrange a situation or get lucky to receive a situation where you can fight 2 packs at once.

My times have always been more favorable when I get more double-stacked elites. I agree completely.

There are times I find it is worth it to move passed an elite pack (especially snakes) to check for an elite in the next map tile because snakes will follow quite closely and you can easily engineer a 2x elite situation.

I think based on the latest video that something that I can definitely improve upon is actually spending 10 seconds to leave a game rather than attempting to portal out sometimes. If I have to move prior to casting portal that could be almost enough to determine that portal is a no go that particular time. There was for example one instance on my short analysis of my video where I think I lost at least 6 seconds on a single game by getting my portal interrupted. That is worth 1 more elite alone because the rules on that challenge state that if you can attack the last elite before the time is out, that will still count.

This is an easy fix, hit portal home then also hit leave game. Your char will portal home while the leave game ticks down and you can exit out of the leave game count-down if your portal is successful. Learned that one from Chaz.

Sounds like we are at very similar places regarding VotA DE clearing atm! :D

Technically, Tangos is the highest ranking monk at 50.2 DE's/hr on MP6!!!! his average elites/VotA was >8 for an entire MP6 hour-set though so that kind of RNG is not something I think I can replicate.

I hope to dethrone him! :D
@Druin: Oh, I didn't know you had come up with it too. I mentioned it first here in July and then mentioned it more. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568378716?page=11#203 after about a week later Chaz then came up with his crazy score here and even mentioned doing the same thing as I did so I always thought he got it from me. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568378716?page=11#212

Thanks I'll do that leave game trick for sure if it works.

Here's the Tango case. I haven't watched again since then if there's new uploads but I double checked at the time to make sure I was correct about it. The same wrong vid was uploaded multiple times. The performance didn't seem as refined, and because the dps was higher it sort of gives reason to believe it, but at the same time with higher dps and lack of good REAL score for it, the real score doesn't look impressive at all in my eyes. And I'm sorry to say especially because Tango was the reason I made this Monk for DE heh but 50 DE looted does not make for 50 TDE. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568378716?page=11#218

This is the build on my both top videos. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aceYkS!cbd!YZacaY
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/25/2013 11:16 AMPosted by dominatus
Here's the Tango case. I haven't watched again since then if there's new uploads but I double checked at the time to make sure I was correct about it. The same wrong vid was uploaded multiple times. The performance didn't seem as refined, and because the dps was higher it sort of gives reason to believe it, but at the same time with higher dps and lack of good REAL score for it, the real score doesn't look impressive at all in my eyes. And I'm sorry to say especially because Tango was the reason I made this Monk for DE heh but 50 DE looted does not make for 50 TDE.

Ahhhhh!

I never bothered to count his video up ... so you are saying that the video does not showcase 50 DE's/hr?

Thus there are ZERO monks in the 50 De's/hr range?

@Druin: Oh, I didn't know you had come up with it too. I mentioned it first here in July and then mentioned it more. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568378716?page=11#203 after about a week later Chaz then came up with his crazy score here and even mentioned doing the same thing as I did so I always thought he got it from me. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568378716?page=11#212

I have no idea about those threads lol.

I just remember talking to Chaz in game and him saying something along the lines of "that conditional clear thing you do is overpowered I just got 53 DE's/hr" so I assumed he was using my method ... he could very well have been using yours and just referring to the fact that I do it as well.

That would actually make more sense seeing as yours is published and mine isn't! :D

<3

This is the build on my both top videos. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aceYkS!cbd!YZacaY

No fleet footed >< whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Edit -- Dom, your work in the DE/hr field is down-right inspiring! I will throw at least 2 hours at this tonight and see if I can make some headway. I honestly think that dropping Fleet will make my no-SW build work ... but we shall see :D I am so excited!
Edited by Druin#1518 on 10/25/2013 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Druin: Yes, my good faith belief is that he put the numbers on paper like I do, accidentally counted a previous clear in on the score. Was so overwhelmed and then didn't bother to check to make sure. I always try to recheck carefully to make sure my new record score is what I claim it to be. My latest VotA video even includes a timer+counter, which is far more viewer friendly, though it takes a lot effort to set up the script for it.

Thanks for getting me started on that path was first to TianZi for the tip for the new free capturing software and also Kim for his challenges that further got me into researching more about what I could do to make my videos better without much effort now that I was able to bring up the quality itself.

I got into Chant of Resonance I believe because I needed more spirit for MP7. I was stuck at MP5 for a very long time.

Let me go back a bit actually. The story first began on EU WD forums btw with much much lower scores and gear. I wasn't happy at all with my Archon or WD scores and then I made a Monk I was supposed to put up a cheap set for DE farming after seeing how good Monks were at it. Little did I know that I'd end up as high as double digit billions, (not sure if I ever actually tried to count it exactly) as a result of Monk's awesomeness and the challenge and then Nubtro's challenge after interest on the WD one ended.

At a certain dps point and more experience I was at the point where MP6 was as good as MP5. Then after further refinements I got into MP7, a bit less clears and more spirit needed for more dps than on MP6. No spirit = no dps. It averaged out a bit better than MP6 with Fleet Footed.

And then I got a bit better at it.

Thanks, I like to put some tips out there as I progress, it's often not helpful otherwise.
Reply Quote
Hey Druin. I've been messing around on my WD seeing how high I can get his theoretical exp/hr and after about 10 test runs (definitely not enough) I'm seeing about 160m/hr consistently without crypts. My one perfect amazing run with the crypts I forgot to time -_-

But, it looks like my WD might be able to put up a fight against your monk!

/raises fists
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 10/25/2013 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
same amiar 140-200 pending on how many crypts over that hr

I only set 140m as lowest cuz sometimes i'm drinking or just decide to kill bat nests or general taking it easy or stopping and chatting
Reply Quote
@ druin

im currently a dw 320k dps monk. I do have a crappy skorn and innas helm with spirit regen which I use to farm DEs on mp6 with TR/bells. I'm looking to increase my exp/hour when running act1 mp10 and I was wondering whats the minimum dps you'd recomment for this to work on mp10. I believe with a soj, innas helm and belt and skorn I'm somewhere around 225k, little more with the witching hour (since it seems inna's 4set isn't really that important). I guess the most important thing is killing trash asap, so I'm wondering if with sub 300k dps it would be best to stick to mp9

thanks
Reply Quote
@ druin

im currently a dw 320k dps monk. I do have a crappy skorn and innas helm with spirit regen which I use to farm DEs on mp6 with TR/bells. I'm looking to increase my exp/hour when running act1 mp10 and I was wondering whats the minimum dps you'd recomment for this to work on mp10. I believe with a soj, innas helm and belt and skorn I'm somewhere around 225k, little more with the witching hour (since it seems inna's 4set isn't really that important). I guess the most important thing is killing trash asap, so I'm wondering if with sub 300k dps it would be best to stick to mp9

thanks

Druin recommends 150k+ DPS for FOM MP10, but 45k HP and 600+ Phys Res.

From my Experience the EHP part is the most important here. It doesn't matter how much DPS you do if you get killed constantly.
I had to come to a point where I could easily take a cow charge. My increasing "thoughness" allowed me to better apply EPs and handle my spirit pool.
Speaking of spirit: you need just enough spirit regen to TR until you get a decent sized group. With Exalted Soul you usually start with 250 spirit after you killed a pack. For me it is plenty to get to the next group.
I would stay on MP10 and reduce the DPS until I have no problems surviving and then start adding DPS again. For me mostly one Wall of Light is enough to set of the chain reaction with 200k DPS. I prefer Empowered Wave right now, because the elite killing is easier and DC does not need the heavier bells.Depending on how much I softened up the group or how good I applied the EPs I may need two Empowered Wave bells to kill the group though.
Reply Quote
ehp should be fine. i can take a cow charge easily as long as im full hps ( http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/oldo-2450/Oldoh/17207910 ). going 2h i will have lower all resists however, going from 520 to about 450 since i'll have to use a soj over the rare ring. 52k ish hp

checked the dw ds:q video and it seems almost as good as TR, I guess I'll give that a try once I get home, since my gear is for 1 handers. Will swap my current boa amulet to another with 80 all res and a little less dps, see how it goes. cheers
Edited by oldo#2450 on 10/26/2013 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Third try on MP10 almost the same as before. Even recorded but it's far from perfect so far. 3 almost full DCs with 5 stacks and 1 almost full DC with 1-2 stacks, then some FoM without stacks at the end.

Died 6 times total this time. Definitely could use some more mitigation but I wanted to try with the same setup again.

Looted nearly full inventory of rares including 5 legs and 3 DE.

Dps with Templar PL50

220345 (1.17APS) +max SoJ
236533 (1.17APS) HF
191324 (1.08APS) HF+Zuni+Leoric's

4141 kills (doesn't include elite bonuses, same as before)
15 elite packs including the 3 packs of unique elite event

189.72m xp, almost identical to last time. Next will be over 200m with some setup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]