Diablo® III

Attention - Found a Fix (Short Term)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So I was talking to a friend overseas last night as we were hoping to play D3 together on PS3 while he was deployed and I told him about the error (in my previous posts - what is plaguing many others) and he told me he dealt with it and semi fixed it.

INCOMING - YOU WON'T LIKE THE FIX!

He literally restores his entire PS3 to factory settings and then it ran like a baby. As I have nothing really of value that cannot be downloaded/readded I gave it a try last night. It has worked like a charm and the error has not come up once. I have turned off the machine on numerous occasions, made 4 different chars to test it and have powered my Wizard to 20 now with absolutely no freezing, no save progress issues and, frankly, no issues what so ever.

However, be warned, if you do this you will lose all saved messages, all saved DLC, and all saved everything (obviously you keep your trophies). He claimed he lost his friends list when he did it, I, however, did not so I cannot confirm that but I would recommend writing down your friends names to readd after if you do lose them. You, DO, however, lose all your messages and everything else.

Regardless, it has worked but we, the consumer, should not have to do this while Blizzard drags their feet on an obvious issue. I have been a customer for 20 years of Blizzard and have not once, not once, not even a little, sent or complained about anything but this issue has been irritating and even further upsetting that we haven't received a reply to it and it seems to be getting pushed off the table. In the meantime, I hope this helps guys because, for me, it did remove that error code and I have been able to play the game and enjoy it (it's much better on console by the way).
Reply Quote
If restoring your entire console fixed the issue, how can you blame blizzard for the problem? It would appear that its the console itself that's causing the issue people have been experiencing.

Could also explain why I haven't experienced any of these bugs people post about. I've only got a couple games on my PS3 system.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why would it be the fault of the consumer if a large group is needing to literally restore their system to factory settings when that is most certainly not on the game box as a warning or suggestion. Not to mention it took a gamer, and not exployee of the company to discover a quick fix. So...yeah...that would remain the fault of the publisher.
Reply Quote
How can you blame a company that brings out a game disc for causing your entire system needing to be restored? The only way you would need to restore your entire system, is if there is a fault with the system to begin with.

So if I were in your shoes, I would start blaming Sony.
Reply Quote
Do you guys know that a whole bunch of people are having this issue? It's most definitely the game and not the system. Everyone's system cannot just go bad at the same time. It was after downloading the new patch that we couldn't play multi-player anymore.
Reply Quote
Ya.. what a great solution for a game released months ago.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 07:25 AMPosted by AsianGuy
Do you guys know that a whole bunch of people are having this issue? It's most definitely the game and not the system. Everyone's system cannot just go bad at the same time. It was after downloading the new patch that we couldn't play multi-player anymore.

Yes I understand that it's happening to a handful of people compared to the amount of people who own the game. All I was trying to say is, if you have to restore your entire system to fix the issue, then it points to a faulty system. The only thing the game does is install some data.

So if it was the game itself causing this issue, then no matter if it was a fresh system or an old system, this issue would happen to every person who bought the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]