The Big Ones
- FoT: Thunderclap has been buffed substantially.
- FoT: Static now grants 197% on primary target when hitting another target.
- Sweeping Wind: All Runes WIND damage doubled. Bladestorm looks very interesting.
- Lashing Tail Kick: All Runes now deals 700%-850% damage.
- WoL: Pillars of the ancients - Now deal 831% + another 831%. What?
- WoL: Blinding Light: Stun length increased to 4.5 seconds.
- Tempest Rush: Passive speed bonus removed. Damage up 240%. Tailwind intact.
- Inner Sanctuary now grants CC immunity for all inside its bubble.
- Exploding Palm: Burning Essence: DoT effect improved substantially.
- Runes for spirit recovery have been nerfed by 15% -20%, I won't think too much about it now, probably because you have ways to make up for it with the new paragon.
- Seven-Sided Strike: All Runes - 3777% damage.
EDIT: I read the SSS one in error. It is reduce by seven, not to seven. Am sorry.
Still we have this:
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_649_x1 - Removes the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike.
•DiabloWiki.com - Seven-Sided StrikeSeven-Sided Strike Cost: 50 Spirit / Cooldown: 30 seconds / Dash rapidly between nearby enemies, dealing 3777% weapon damage over 7 strikes. (Damage up from 1777%)
The Sweeping Wind buff is primarily for the wind effect, cyclones lightning damage only got a slight buff, making it substantially better for non-WKL users. In fact, it seems to be trying to break the whole TC / Cyclone synergy by making the others equally viable. As a nirvana user, I have dropped SW for mobility with dashing strike since it does nothing for me.
With the exception of a fire-primary, fire-specced monks with burning axe and maybe magefist become viable, since most of the big buffs have a fire element in them. Too bad there isn't a backlash buff, making Overawe still the de-facto.
Not sure where they are going with the primaries, but it appears they are putting more separation between them. Fist of thunder should be the go-to, with Deadly Reach for ZDPS and Crippling Wave:Mangle potentially out-damaging thunderclap for non-WKL builds. Hundred Fist is in no-man's land except for Nirvana.
Tempest rush nerf and buff is a double-edged sword. It becomes more of a secondary instead of a movement skill... but that means no more movement skills for monks, making monks as slow as everyone else. Dashing Strike cost increase removed our other option.
ZDPS not only got buffed, but can have different play styles now. Deadly Reach with the 30% knock up rune can become a near permanent CC, you now have 2 skills to break CC, plus all the new rings that give effects like give your life regen to everyone. I'm not liking this, because I don't want ZDPS to become a demand like Cyclone Strike is now.
TL;DR: More secondaries to choose from.
- Tempest rush as a secondary should be viable for higher MPs
- Exploding Palm as a secondary got more interesting.
- LTK is now viable as a secondary, right up there with WoL, particularly with cost-reduction affixes to make it the most spirit-effective DPS out there.
- Fire-monks should be up and coming. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WkgVZS!daY!caYcab
- Sweeping Wind is now good with or without Cyclone and WKL.
EDIT: AGAIN SORRY FOR INITIAL MISTAKE ABOUT SSS RUNE EFFECT
.... why are we getting buffed so hard???