Diablo® III

New datamined info - 22/10/13

http://www.diablofans.com

The Big Ones

- FoT: Thunderclap has been buffed substantially.
- FoT: Static now grants 197% on primary target when hitting another target.
- Sweeping Wind: All Runes WIND damage doubled. Bladestorm looks very interesting.
- Lashing Tail Kick: All Runes now deals 700%-850% damage.
- WoL: Pillars of the ancients - Now deal 831% + another 831%. What?
- WoL: Blinding Light: Stun length increased to 4.5 seconds.
- Tempest Rush: Passive speed bonus removed. Damage up 240%. Tailwind intact.
- Inner Sanctuary now grants CC immunity for all inside its bubble.
- Exploding Palm: Burning Essence: DoT effect improved substantially.
- Runes for spirit recovery have been nerfed by 15% -20%, I won't think too much about it now, probably because you have ways to make up for it with the new paragon.
- Seven-Sided Strike: All Runes - 3777% damage.

EDIT: I read the SSS one in error. It is reduce by seven, not to seven. Am sorry.

Still we have this:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_649_x1 - Removes the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike.

•DiabloWiki.com - Seven-Sided StrikeSeven-Sided Strike Cost: 50 Spirit / Cooldown: 30 seconds / Dash rapidly between nearby enemies, dealing 3777% weapon damage over 7 strikes. (Damage up from 1777%)

My thoughts:

The Sweeping Wind buff is primarily for the wind effect, cyclones lightning damage only got a slight buff, making it substantially better for non-WKL users. In fact, it seems to be trying to break the whole TC / Cyclone synergy by making the others equally viable. As a nirvana user, I have dropped SW for mobility with dashing strike since it does nothing for me.

With the exception of a fire-primary, fire-specced monks with burning axe and maybe magefist become viable, since most of the big buffs have a fire element in them. Too bad there isn't a backlash buff, making Overawe still the de-facto.

Not sure where they are going with the primaries, but it appears they are putting more separation between them. Fist of thunder should be the go-to, with Deadly Reach for ZDPS and Crippling Wave:Mangle potentially out-damaging thunderclap for non-WKL builds. Hundred Fist is in no-man's land except for Nirvana.

Tempest rush nerf and buff is a double-edged sword. It becomes more of a secondary instead of a movement skill... but that means no more movement skills for monks, making monks as slow as everyone else. Dashing Strike cost increase removed our other option.

ZDPS not only got buffed, but can have different play styles now. Deadly Reach with the 30% knock up rune can become a near permanent CC, you now have 2 skills to break CC, plus all the new rings that give effects like give your life regen to everyone. I'm not liking this, because I don't want ZDPS to become a demand like Cyclone Strike is now.

TL;DR: More secondaries to choose from.
- Tempest rush as a secondary should be viable for higher MPs
- Exploding Palm as a secondary got more interesting.
- LTK is now viable as a secondary, right up there with WoL, particularly with cost-reduction affixes to make it the most spirit-effective DPS out there.
- Fire-monks should be up and coming. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WkgVZS!daY!caYcab
- Sweeping Wind is now good with or without Cyclone and WKL.

EDIT: AGAIN SORRY FOR INITIAL MISTAKE ABOUT SSS RUNE EFFECT

.... why are we getting buffed so hard???
Edited by Wilson#1580 on 10/22/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
woot!
Reply Quote
View profile
Sss will now be perfect for the LOH builds woot
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 03:22 AMPosted by Wilson
Dashing Strike cost increase removed our other option.

Is 6 more spirit than current really going to be that big a deal? The new info based on your site shows Spirit cost is 25 (same as current) and Quicksilver is 16 (6 more than current).

Plus, there's the fact you can get this kind of weapon that would help even more:

http://diablo3.judgehype.com/screenshots/gamescom2013/conference/28.jpg

Maybe it might not be as worth it at first for some, but I don't think 16 is that big a difference over 10 and with an item like that to reduce the cost (not sure by how much) it might make it still viable for some.
Reply Quote
lol i'd need 6500 for soul harvest not to be nerfed
Reply Quote
View profile
Meh
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 04:48 AMPosted by baggins
lol i'd need 6500 for soul harvest not to be nerfed

Or you could just take that piranha skill instead.

Though I'm pretty sure the whole zoom in and destroy everything approach for WD is not gonna work with the LS nerf, though I really like the buff to Acid + all the last forever DoTs.

Locust the entire FoM, 3 haunts for max mana regen, piranha spam, then spam AC. Spirit Walk when needed, Horrify other times.

Btw, my WD is here. wilsonkhoo#1743.
Edited by Wilson#1580 on 10/22/2013 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Meh
meh yourself into a lake
Reply Quote
With the exception of a fire-primary, fire-specced monks with burning axe and maybe magefist become viable, since most of the big buffs have a fire element in them.

Exploding Palm: Burning Essence: DoT effect improved substantially.

This one actually excite me. I'd like to see how much, as this is my favourite rune from EP as far as fun factor goes - I've been hoping that this gets buffed in a significant manner so that it becomes a more viable rune in upper MPs. As a Maximus user, this might make things interesting (I'd like to also hope they have something like Maximus 2.0 too)...
Reply Quote
- Seven-Sided Strike-Sustained Attack: Now deals 3777% damage, 7 second cool down, 7 spirit cost. I don't even think the rest of the runes are relevant now.

Seven sided strike. Seven Seconds. Seven Spirit Cost.

Half-Life 7 confirmed.

Oh, and this

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_649_x1 - Removes the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike.

•DiabloWiki.com - Seven-Sided StrikeSeven-Sided Strike Cost: 50 Spirit / Cooldown: 30 seconds / Dash rapidly between nearby enemies, dealing 3777% weapon damage over 7 strikes. (Damage up from 1777%)

Woot! Where's Carl? We can celebrate together ;D
Reply Quote
that sss wont make it live imo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy to op
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 05:42 AMPosted by baggins
that sss wont make it live imo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy to op

The rune might not, but the unique item affix is cool, much better than the dashing strike one.
Reply Quote
The BIGGEST ones
- Seven-Sided Strike-Sustained Attack: Now deals 3777% damage, 7 second cool down, 7 spirit cost. I don't even think the rest of the runes are relevant now.

CD-Reduce via Diamond, via Paragon 2.0, and Beacon here we go :D
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 04:29 AMPosted by IcemanF1
Dashing Strike cost increase removed our other option.

Is 6 more spirit than current really going to be that big a deal? The new info based on your site shows Spirit cost is 25 (same as current) and Quicksilver is 16 (6 more than current).

Plus, there's the fact you can get this kind of weapon that would help even more:

Maybe it might not be as worth it at first for some, but I don't think 16 is that big a difference over 10 and with an item like that to reduce the cost (not sure by how much) it might make it still viable for some.

The skill is completely different if you've been keeping up with the patch notes. The original change had it up at a 50 spirit cost, but from what we've been able to glean, it not only hits ALL enemies in a straight line, but that line is always the full distance of the strike (or at least to the enemy you target), no more mini-dashes by targeting ground. The reduction to 25 again is a HUGE deal, and with Quicksilver back below 20 spirit (the old notes had it at 25 spirit for the Quicksilver rune) I think we'll see it come back into heavy favor.

As for the new changes, it seems like you think FoT's current built-in speed buff is sticking around. Current guesses based on its new 8 spirit generation put it at a MUCH lower hidden speed coefficient than it currently has. It actually sounds like they want to make WoTHF closer to FoT's 1.5, while FoT is going to be closer to 1.125 that WoTHF currently has. Based on what we know right now I'm going to guess that WoTHF: FoF might be the best rune in the beta currently, even without its ability to proc Infused with Light for the Nirvana build, although I might have to give it to WoTHF: Spirited Salvo. Bottom line it really does sound like a lot of our current knowledge of what Spirit Generator is best are going to change quite drastically, at least based on these current patch notes. I can tell you right now if they only implement those changes without changing the hidden speed modifiers or mini-knockbacks, Static Charge just became the BEST generator in the game, period.
Reply Quote
I'm more curious when they will add the NEW runes for the existing skills. Then the real theory crafting can begin!

Hadoken Rune for LTK? Kamehameha Rune for WoL? Need more new hotnesses
Reply Quote
I'm more curious when they will add the NEW runes for the existing skills. Then the real theory crafting can begin!

Hadoken Rune for LTK? Kamehameha Rune for WoL? Need more new hotnesses

Given how crappy some of the runes are, there's not need for new ones. Just rework some of the garbage ones, and we'll be good.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 06:02 AMPosted by RayvinAzn

The skill is completely different if you've been keeping up with the patch notes. The original change had it up at a 50 spirit cost, but from what we've been able to glean, it not only hits ALL enemies in a straight line, but that line is always the full distance of the strike (or at least to the enemy you target), no more mini-dashes by targeting ground. The reduction to 25 again is a HUGE deal, and with Quicksilver back below 20 spirit (the old notes had it at 25 spirit for the Quicksilver rune) I think we'll see it come back into heavy favor.

Yeah, I hadn't been following it as closely as some and I gathered at one it was higher (since it said down from 50 when current was 25) so it's obvious they are still tweaking things themselves. I can see how at 50 spirit, DS wouldn't be worth it and with Quicksilver being 30 before this new 16, that may not have been worth it unless someone had the affix gear like was in that picture but that didn't say how much it was reduced.

Just confused me initially why OP was referring to the cost increase making it not viable when this info showed it back down to almost current number (same initial, QS only 6 spirit more).

I guess with all the tweaking still being done, we won't know for sure until things are released as live and can do proper testing then.
Reply Quote
i can see it now, full monk partys taking turns using SSS. ultimate boring farming on the way
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 06:23 AMPosted by scrapz
i can see it now, full monk partys taking turns using SSS. ultimate boring farming on the way

On large packs, WoL and probably LtK still beats it hands down. I wouldn't use it as my main secondary, but for my Nirvana sixth slot, it will probably replace dashing strike for me. I hate it when only the main boss is alive and I can't trigger Nirvana properly, plus it functions well as a keep me alive in between phases.
Reply Quote
View profile
View profile
Meh
meh yourself into a lake

this cracked me up baggins, hahahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]