Diablo® III

New datamined info - 22/10/13

That SSS rune was not read properly by the OP, it reduces the cooldown BY 7 seconds not TO 7 seconds.

Reading comprehension FTW.
Reply Quote
View profile
Those buffs to all WotHF runes and Crippling Wave-Mangle are pretty damn significant.

Really digging the item passives as hopefully it opens up a plethora of builds/setups.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 10/22/2013 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That SSS rune was not read properly by the OP, it reduces the cooldown BY 7 seconds not TO 7 seconds.

Reading comprehension FTW.

Awww my bad. Will edit.
Reply Quote
The BIGGEST ones
- Seven-Sided Strike-Sustained Attack: Now deals 3777% damage, 7 second cool down, 7 spirit cost. I don't even think the rest of the runes are relevant now.

CD-Reduce via Diamond, via Paragon 2.0, and Beacon here we go :D

Apologies I read wrong. For anyone who got excited over my mistake, sorry.
Reply Quote
So you could easily reach infinite invulnerability and infinite damage using sss, circular breathing, guardians path, chant of resonance and .25 regen from somewhere else...

o.O
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
So you could easily reach infinite invulnerability and infinite damage using sss, circular breathing, guardians path, chant of resonance and .25 regen from somewhere else...

o.O

Definitely not infinite damage.
Your DPS with SSS is capped at 3777% per 2 seconds (the duration of SSS) which is actually quite bad compared to something like Nirvana bells or 2h EP-Bells.

The 777% AoE x7 over 2 seconds is better but Nirvana is still going to explode that in terms of DPS.

Not scaling with APS hurts SSS quite a bit.
View profile
Brimstone
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Druin
Not scaling with APS hurts SSS quite a bit.
Does it not go through the animation faster based on aps? :'(
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/22/2013 03:25 PMPosted by SirNick
Does it not go through the animation faster based on aps? :'(

I will be totally honest. I know nothing at all about SSS.

I am basing that statement off super vague memories of someone testing it once somewhere.

Pretty simple to test though! :D
I have not seen a change in SSS when my APS has increased. I mean, I am not recording it and going through frame by frame, but honestly, if it has changed, it is so slight, I never noticed. And I always use SSS.
Reply Quote
Faith in the Light : For 3.5 seconds after using Blinding Flash, all of your attacks are empowered to deal 43% additional weapon damage as Holy. (Duration up from 3 seconds, additional damage up from 30%)

:) :) :) :) :) :) Hope they didn't remove the attack speed modifier on this one

It would not surprise me in the slightest if they just started making this skill do what the tool tip says. Especially in light of the buff (as well as the buffs to other damaging skill. I'd guess they'd just make it additive with BoH, Overawe, and all that jazz.

Reminds me when they buffed Sweeping Winds when they removed snapshot so that most non-snapshot-abusing Monks did similar damage before and after the change. I wouldn't be surprised if the Math works out so that most Monks who invest in CDR do about the same average DPS wih the skill as they did before, or something like that.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
It would not surprise me in the slightest if they just started making this skill do what the tool tip says. Especially in light of the buff (as well as the buffs to other damaging skill. I'd guess they'd just make it additive with BoH, Overawe, and all that jazz.

Reminds me when they buffed Sweeping Winds when they removed snapshot so that most non-snapshot-abusing Monks did similar damage before and after the change. I wouldn't be surprised if the Math works out so that most Monks who invest in CDR do about the same average DPS wih the skill as they did before, or something like that.

^this
View profile
First they drop the P2.0 info with cool down reduction, then they mention that they will increase LOH efficiency and now this....SSS kickin glutz and takin names afterwards!

Sin called it...im as giddy as a school girl haha. ROS has my name all over it.

Only time will tell what changes stick but the theory crafting and dreaming are in full affect.

Cheers,
CC-

EDIT: Running SSS before it was cool. Well its always been cool so perhaps I should say...more efficient. :D
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 10/22/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
time to roll a new monk >:D

XFC-
Reply Quote
time to roll a new monk >:D

XFC-

I think you need 3 more new monks!
Reply Quote
Seeing 7 sided strike in the D3 previews was one of the reasons why I decided to roll monk first. Hopefully they make it useful. Something like (7 sided cool down resets when you have max spirit, or when you have 25% hp, etc)

Having a passive that makes all your generators teleport like FoT or DS would be amaaaazing. /dream
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 10/23/2013 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Tempest rush nerf and buff is a double-edged sword. It becomes more of a secondary instead of a movement skill... but that means no more movement skills for monks, making monks as slow as everyone else. Dashing Strike cost increase removed our other option.

10/22/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Druin
TR got nerfed REALLY hard from a movement perspective but got substantially buffed from a killing things perspective. All roads lead to a viable high-MP TR build using massive DPS gear, some select passives and Northern Winds ... I love where this is going as I HATE being forced to use TR as my move skill when DS is so much more fun.

I don't think TR got nerfed in the way you guys are thinking it did, remember that in the first wave of datamined info TR had "You run 25% weapon faster while channeling Tempest Rush," added to it, that's what was removed in this round of datamined info.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/23/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Toprem
I don't think TR got nerfed in the way you guys are thinking it did, remember that in the first wave of datamined info TR had "You run 25% weapon faster while channeling Tempest Rush," added to it, that's what was removed in this round of datamined info.

TR currently gives 25% movespeed base and 25% additional movespeed for Tempest Rush.

This is how it works on live so removing the 25% base movespeed is a pretty solid nerf.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]