Diablo® III

[Suggestion]: Magic Experience and Magic Levels

Hi guys!

Here's my idea:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/104859-suggestion-magic-experience-and-magic-levels/

I'm sorry for the cross-link but the post contains some images so I think the reading is much more enjoyable on Diablofans.com

Like if you like and comment! :)
Reply Quote
I think the thing people forget, is that magic find only affects potential stat rolls on items, and not the chance for a higher quality (eg: rare -> legendary) item to be dropped. Its also not like having 300+ guarantees you a perfect stat roll, and in the same vein, it doesnt play a part in "granting" a better modifier roll (eg: higher chance for crit% to spawn, instead of +int).

Maybe with loot 2.0 it will be more useful if they adjust the huge gap with the base stat ranges that can already roll, but honestly, magic find has never been that big of a deal (in its current incarnation) in my opinion.

I already play this game knowing im going to get terrible legendaries and rares 99% of the time even with max MF. I'd rather just stack the trifecta for faster killing, rather than try and improve my stat range by an unnoticeable amount.
Reply Quote
I think the thing people forget, is that magic find only affects potential stat rolls on items, and not the chance for a higher quality (eg: rare -> legendary) item to be dropped. Its also not like having 300+ guarantees you a perfect stat roll, and in the same vein, it doesnt play a part in "granting" a better modifier roll (eg: higher chance for crit% to spawn, instead of +int).

Maybe with loot 2.0 it will be more useful if they adjust the huge gap with the base stat ranges that can already roll, but honestly, magic find has never been that big of a deal (in its current incarnation) in my opinion.

I already play this game knowing im going to get terrible legendaries and rares 99% of the time even with max MF. I'd rather just stack the trifecta for faster killing, rather than try and improve my stat range by an unnoticeable amount.

I thought it was the other way around. MF doesn't affect stat rolls other than the number of affixes
Edited by Meltdown#1314 on 10/22/2013 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MF only affects the quality of the item (rarity+number of rolls), it doesn't affect the quality of affixes (5% ias vs 9%ias)
Reply Quote
Looks like that got changed while i've been away. I'd still say its a weak dump stat, given that the exact numbers are not known, so even having maxed MF might only increase your rarity/roll chance by 5%.

Unless im wrong about that too!
Edited by RainboParade#1656 on 10/22/2013 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks like that got changed while i've been away. I'd still say its a weak dump stat, given that the exact numbers are not known, so even having maxed MF might only increase your rarity/roll chance by 5%.

Unless im wrong about that too!

I think you might be. Sorry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]