Diablo® III

Schaefer's Wizard

Hello everyone,

I have tried several builds with my wizard and the other day I got a Schaefer's Hammer as drop. I tried 2 setups so far. The one I am using atm and another with living lightning and teleport instead of electrocute and slow time. Does anyone have experience using schaefer's and trying to build a lightning wizard? My goal is to kill monsters MP5 at a relatively fast pace. With both the setups mentioned above I was doing MP4 with no issues (I can always borrow my other's wizard gear).
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Reply Quote
I tried to make a Schaefer's build long long ago, but the main problem with the weapon is that it is utterly awful. The lightning on hit proc is basically useless for any wizard build, and the incredibly low damage of the weapon means even a perfect 6% LS, 1156 DPS, 25/8 Schaefer pales in comparison to even a cheapo Skorn.

The best I was able to do using Schaefer's was basically as much attack speed as I could muster, using lightning hydra and chain lightning, but frankly due to the low DPS of the weapon I eventually dumped it for something better. I hope it will be better after loot 2.0, but as it currently stands there aren't really any high DPS lightning skills to bother with Schaefer's at all.
Reply Quote
Actually there's a nice HARDCORE build on Diablofans done around Schaefer's Hammer.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/98461-light-is-life-the-akajakob-build-for-invincible-wizard-hc-not-a-bug-this-time/

And for convenience:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/schaefers-hammer

I think it's very interesting. Unusual, not most-efficient, but fun. Seems cheap to gear.

EDIT: Typos. So many typos.
Edited by Machado#1633 on 10/23/2013 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Cex
My goal is to kill monsters MP5 at a relatively fast pace.

Keep the same build, but sub in a cheap skorn instead.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just get a cheap LS Skorn. SH must have LS to survive which means no socket or CD which means no DPS to do MP5 at a decent pace no matter what build you choose
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]