Diablo® III

demo required to play online disk based game

Hello,
I really need help and I guess this is the only place for it. I downloaded the Diablo 3 demo for the ps3, loved it, so I purchased the disc based version from amazon. The problem is that when I try to connect to an online game, I click on enter game, and it just stays on the loading game screen forever. So this may sound odd, but in order to be able to play online with friends/ public players, I have to load the Diablo 3 demo, just enter the game while online, no need to connect with other players. Then I just quit the demo and load the Diablo 3 disc based game and it lets me play with others online. If I were to turn off the ps3, I would have to repeat this process all over again. Sony told me to take some steps like deleting demo, demo data, resetting system, etc, nothing worked. They said that it seems like the online based demo has something that the disc based version is missing. Maybe someone has a clue on what can be done. Thanks for any help
Edited by thartux#1653 on 10/21/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi, it seems like I'm not the only person having this problem here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10138974019
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hi Thartux,

By chance, what model router do you have?
Reply Quote
Hi Tsarnis :)

Belkin is the router I have (LOL yes I read many of who are having this problem have that router)

The only workaround I found was to start demo while being connected online, quiting demo, and starting then diablo disc based version and it resolves problem, but this has to be done all over again once you turn off your ps3 system.
Edited by thartux#1653 on 10/22/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Gotcha Thartux, I just wanted to confirm. Thanks for the info. If we get any more information on this issue, we will post an update in the thread you linked. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you make sure your router firmware is up to date. You could also try bypassing your router to see if that allows you to play without using this workaround (I suspect it will, as that has worked for several people so far).
Reply Quote
Awesome! Thank you for the info Tsarnis. I'm going make sure the router is up to date and see about bypassing the router.

When I called sony, they simply suspect that the demo loads some ports or something that the disc lacks. Many reported it's the latest patch that may be causing the problem, then a new patch should be made to address this I guess. Well, thanks again.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 05:00 PMPosted by thartux
The only workaround I found was to start demo while being connected online, quiting demo, and starting then diablo disc based version and it resolves problem, but this has to be done all over again once you turn off your ps3 system.

Most certainly sounds like the router is having an issue with UPnP. Why the demo allows it and not the full game is beyond me.
Reply Quote
Today I called Sony again, they gave me some more steps to try to fix the problem, I just got home, have not tried the steps yet, but here they are:

ACCORDING TO THE SONY REPRESENTATIVE, THE FIREWALL AND PORT INFORMATION SEEM TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES FOR THIS PROBLEM

Here is the information we spoke of when you called PlayStation® Consumer Services today.
The article gives step by step instructions on what you need to do.
For assistance with connecting your PlayStation®3 online, please click on the link below.

How to set up a Network Connection to the PS3™
http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/977

Connecting the PS3™ system to a Wireless Network Connection using the "Easy" Setup
http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/238

Firewall and Port Information
http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

Troubleshooting your WiFi connection
http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/280
Edited by thartux#1653 on 10/23/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Audial
Why the demo allows it and not the full game is beyond me.

Does the demo get patched up to the same version as the full game? If not, perhaps the UPnP magic in the latest patch needs looking at.
Reply Quote
Does the demo get patched up to the same version as the full game? If not, perhaps the UPnP magic in the latest patch needs looking at.

That's a good question, now that I think about it, I don't think the demo gets patched up to the same version of the full game. More evidence that the patch is the cause of the multiplayer connection problem.
Edited by thartux#1653 on 11/11/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]