Diablo® III

how come cold soj doesnt slow ?

been testing out cold damage sojs and they dont seem to slow players down ?
Reply Quote
I think it has to do with non-elemental skills or Weapon Damage % skills. Like for example a Cold Soj will slow with HOTA but will not slow with Disintegrate because it is Arcane.
Edited by Saltydog#1871 on 10/21/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If a spell reads that it does "weapon damage" then the cold will apply. Physical damage spells are considered elemental damage so don't be fooled, the cold does not work for them either.

If you are testing out cold sojs on a WD then you are out of luck as WDs have no spells that do weapon damage.
Reply Quote
A SoJ makes 6% of the black damage from your weapon. But it does slow a bit. It works with impale, for example.
Edited by DerfelCadarn#1601 on 10/22/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 02:04 PMPosted by DerfelCadarn
A SoJ makes 6% of the black damage from your weapon. But it does slow a bit. It works with impale, for example.

Impale is weapon damage, so it works with the cold damage effect. Rapid Fire, however, is physical damage and does not work with the cold damage effect.
Reply Quote
aww makes sense now wds dont really have a good attack or any for that matter in pvp that does only weapon damge thanx for the info guys glad i only spent 2 million on my soj for hc dueling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]