Diablo® III

The LOH Build Discussion

The LOH build guide has been moved and can now be found here.

http://bannedofgamers.com/index.php?threads/the-loh-build-guide.32/#post-96

*The link above is not meant in any way to endorse or advertise the site associated with the link. The fan site associated with the aforementioned link is free to use and does not profit financially in any way from its users and is solely for the purpose of benefit to battle.net and its user base.

Any questions regarding LOH builds can be answered here as I will still be around here.
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 1/28/2014 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 11/6/2013 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 11/6/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 11/6/2013 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit.
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 11/6/2013 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edit
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 11/6/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just out of curiosity, If i wanted to change from LS to LOH (since LOH weapon is much-much cheaper :D), when against RD elite or Siegebreaker Uber Boss at MP 10.

With 300k damage with WKL from the 2-gen buff I'm currently using, how much LOH is needed just to stay alive? Thxs.
Reply Quote
I am currently running 1700+ LOH and don't have issues with RD. But the more you have the better. 2000+ is recommended.
Reply Quote
The loh build, some time ago, i made one also, but its mainly an imitation of CC's gears (lesser version of cause). Its like going back to the roots of early launch of d3.
Reply Quote
But most folks think it's not mp10 capable now they have some evidence that it can be done and is being done. Just trying to bring this out into the mainstream.
Reply Quote
just that LS makes the job easier..but LOH does show efficiency when it comes to RD mobs.
Reply Quote
Many thanks for the guide! I've just recently switched to Shens after some advice to do something about my LoH. I was 100% self-found until recently (wanted to defeat Inferno that way, but now that that's done I'm enjoying the "other side" of D3 while it still exists).

Still building my items out, but I am already heading in the direction that you outline and a few other items you mention are on my short list of my next big upgrades.

Some differences in my build - using Quickening to keep my spirit capped. I can pretty much stand and spam overawe with only just over 2.0 aps and use Dashing Strike as my "teleport" ability and to maintain a fairly constant 20% dodge bonus. I've been avoiding Serenity and Blinding Flash as I want to stick mostly with passive and non-cooldown skills (I do have cooldown on Breath of Heaven, but it is less than the duration so I can keep it up essentially 100% while in battle - though I do get tired of hearing "that ability is not yet ready"). Between Blazing Wrath and Overawe I keep a fairly constant 63% damage bonus and a flurry of cyclones. I also wasted a passive slot on Exalted Soul only because I have a bad habit of spamming a skill right as the enemies run out and then when I get to the next battle I don't have enough spirit to blast my 1-2-3 combo (BW, Overawe, Cyclone) - Exalted Soul means I pretty much always have the spirit I need to start a battle at full bore and spam it to keep it there, plus a good buffer for multiple hits of Dashing Strike to wind my way out of the death puddles.
Reply Quote
Question/Suggestion --

Is there any way to quantify how much LoH equates to damage reduction? Obviously it scales with better attack speed, so maybe a chart would be in order?

Like 100 life on hit = 10 all resist at 2.2 attacks per second?
Reply Quote
request this to be added to the sticky
Reply Quote
For those interested in ubering solo here are the min requirements I used:

190K+ DPS
50K+ life
5K+ Armor
550+ AR
2.5+ AS
2500+ LOH

A friend of mine, sRank was able to down them in a more tanky build:

100k+ DPS
70k+ life
700+ AR
2.5+ AS
4000+ LOH

I haven't tried ubering solo with those stats but ran with them and I felt no threat of death ever even against the most insane E affixes. Having his eHP/LOH and 250k DPS would be something else!

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Thanks for that info cc I am planning on bugging you about build variations and possibly some other gearing options since you have been at this for awhile. Going to add your under info in as well.
Reply Quote
Question/Suggestion --

Is there any way to quantify how much LoH equates to damage reduction? Obviously it scales with better attack speed, so maybe a chart would be in order?

Like 100 life on hit = 10 all resist at 2.2 attacks per second?

Not sure if this could be done at least not by me however Druin the math monk might be able to shed light on this I'll try get a hold of him to see if he can figure out something.

@kj new guide to add to sticky :)
Reply Quote
shelongs add the coolness to the build!
Reply Quote
One question - has anyone ever determined the damage of the "ball of pure energy" of the Shenlong set? Or is it just for show, breaking pottery, and waking up monsters?
Edited by flarbear#1608 on 10/22/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's strong enough to tickle Ghom's armpit. That's about it though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]