Diablo® III

Globes bonus + 7-14 yard pickup?

Hey guys, I've been playing a CM for a shorter time than my main toons and was wondering if any of you have setup for higher globes bonus and pickup radius. I play a 0 dog WD and part of my build is 7 yard + about 32k globes bonus. Being that the build generates it's own globes it works quite well.

Now, the CM mechanics are a different in that we freeze reducing incoming damage with periodic timeouts of diamond skin if not managed well or just bad elite affixes. After clearing a big horde of monsters there are quite a few globes sitting around. I'm thinking that the globe production / reduced incoming damage would have a very similar result and greatly increase the survival. Globes give you a burst of life regen that runs for a period time. With elite packs, there are usually more globes produced and can possibly give enough life regen to keep standing.

I'm thinking to try for about 14 yards max pickup and around 20-25k globes. Let me know if you are doing this already and how it works out. Thanks!
Reply Quote
The thing is that you have to move or wait 5(?) seconds to pick up nearby health globes. Movement interrupts attacks and reduces DPS.

Further, health globes are not reliable. You might have to survive for 15 seconds without getting any at all, and then suddenly have 10 drop at the same time. LoH and LS on the other hand are regular sources of sustain.

The only reason health globes work for 0dogs is because you get so many of them that their unreliability doesn't matter so much. And even for 0dog builds, you still need LS.
Reply Quote
it's good for picking up extra cash - i love PUR when going archon or my disintegrate build
Reply Quote
I use it. Also, you can simply mouse over the health globes to absorb them. You don't have to move.
Reply Quote
All Resist
Life on Hit
Armor
Vitality
Crit chance
Attack Speed
Crit Damage
Intelligence
Strength
Dexterity
Life Steal
Elite Damage Reduction
Life %

All of the above affixes will always be better than Pick up Radius for a CM build. ALWAYS. So as long as you're not sacrificing ANY of the above affixes to get your Pick up Radius I'd say go for it.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 10/25/2013 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Also, you can simply mouse over the health globes to absorb them. You don't have to move.

I did not know this!
Reply Quote
Yeah, works well, I only use 6 in CM, 13 with Sleet Storm/Blizzard. It's also really nice if you're using power hungry as a passive.
Reply Quote
I tested out some of my gear from my 0 dog WD. I end up with 15k globes bonus and 7 yard PUR. I know I don't have to move to pick up globes and is not 5 seconds. Basically works on 0 dog WD to pick up 1 or more every second at least. The move to pick up globes was an old way the game worked. I didn't know you can mouse over to get them which is cool. I'll have to check that out. I will often teleport around to reposition and that alone does a good job to pick up globes.

Anyway, it is definitely something I'll add to my gear as a permanent setup. It was helping a lot. Sometimes was just bad timing with no globes anywhere and got caught by something but most of the time was working very well. If I happened to drop out of crystal shell and took more damage I quickly healed to full. Bulls in FoM would knock me back into globes and heal to full. Elite packs often drop a lot more so at times can just stand there in some really nasty stuff and have time for the delayed teleport to get me out.

I dropped some amount of AR for this testing but died a hell of a lot less. :)

EDIT: I think over 7 yards PUR is not the best for this type of setup. 7 yards allows to pick up a lot of closer globes and can leave the ones further out for an emergency to teleport and heal. Leave the life potions for where there is nothing around and because of globe bonus can heal to max.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 10/28/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 08:52 AMPosted by mzy
Also, you can simply mouse over the health globes to absorb them. You don't have to move.

I did not know this!

+1 mind blown.
Reply Quote
I use it. Also, you can simply mouse over the health globes to absorb them. You don't have to move.

Tried this didn't work. They pick up fairly quick but noticed some really close ones that didn't pickup any faster than the normal speed unless I moved.
Reply Quote
my post is unrelated

I am still getting back into the game and have to ask, did you craft that sword? I notice it is account bound, I just wanted to know if it is possible to craft swords that good.

@yems
Edited by Weeks#1120 on 11/7/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Weeks
I am still getting back into the game and have to ask, did you craft that sword? I notice it is account bound, I just wanted to know if it is possible to craft swords that good.

That would be a crafted sword and account bound because of the gem. I crafted a similar one for damager but without the crit damage percentage. It is possible to make some nice ones but it seems to be lower chance to roll a nice one compared to archon account bound stuff.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 11/7/2013 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]