Diablo® III

Uber bosses, 2 wizards: viable?

hi,

me and my friend are trying to farm uber bosses with 2 wizards.

I am currently playing as the CMWW wiz,

what would the best spec for him be?

He'd rather not buy a full gear for CM, since he's usually playing as Archon.

thanks for the suggestions!

me: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cloudscraper-2833/hero/7232037

him: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Padreterno-2182/hero/8895841
Edited by Cloudscraper#2833 on 10/22/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anything is possible. Archon vs ubers not really efficient.

Tell your friend to roll a barb or WD and do mad deeps while you freeze.
Reply Quote
Well you could have him play as Archon with Arcane Dynamo as long as you can hold the enemies in place.

Or you could try something I've always wanted to do if I had a good freezer....pure dps CM:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VgXShT!gWY!YZcccc
Reply Quote
The problem with 2 wiz is that you are both fluffy so there's a high probability that one will die during the run. And if that happens, its really hard for the other to rez without having a 3rd member to lead/distract the ubers.

Your friend could try Uberdeath or Arcane Mines (I think both builds are reasonably easy to transition to with archon gear). Still, you have to be a hella good freezer (ideally 3.01aps+) plus he'd need great mit and lots of lifesteal to keep from dropping to SB's reflect.

Looking at your setup, I'd recommend getting a cheap Litany and some CC/AR bracers so you can focus on your job (pinning the ubers) without worrying about dying as much.
Reply Quote
View profile
BDF add me. I'd like to see that. They wont move period. Also I would like to try 3 stars arcane mines after jacked with dynamo.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Aimless
BDF add me. I'd like to see that. They wont move period. Also I would like to try 3 stars arcane mines after jacked with dynamo.

Will do, however I won't be on until about 5:30 Eastern.
Reply Quote
arcane mines build would be the best bet for the other wiz since you'd be freezing them anyways --dynamo fueled arcane mines yield high dps
Reply Quote
Dynamo mines didn't work for me. SB has reflect. I was outputting so much dps, I died immediately. No problems with other ubers tho.
Reply Quote
linked both profiles for reference
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 09:45 AMPosted by kiza
Dynamo mines didn't work for me. SB has reflect. I was outputting so much dps, I died immediately. No problems with other ubers tho.

Even with lifesteal?
Reply Quote
I had 2.9% LS. Not sure if the addition of BM would've made a difference. After 5 stacks and mines got going, damage was around a constant 10m edps.
Reply Quote
2 wizzies, 1 cup = pooped on tbh
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Junger
2 wizzies, 1 cup = pooped on tbh

lol 2 wiz 1 cup
Reply Quote
@kiza I just started using the mines build a few weeks ago and with BM and loh from gear it actually makes a big diff with reflect also blizz.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 10:02 AMPosted by kiza
I had 2.9% LS. Not sure if the addition of BM would've made a difference

2.9 LS means needing 94.2% mit to handles SB's reflect. BM would lower that to 91.2% only. That should be doable with prismatic armor for a wiz like you kiza, maybe even with Pinpoint.

Cloudscraper,

I agree with the others here, I think an Arcane Mines, Death Blossom or even Sleet Storm would be the easiest method for a 2nd non-CM wizard. The only requirement to these builds is either lower APS and/or some APoC and CC. The amount of one will depend on the other (IE, the more APS you have, the more APoC you might need).

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 10/23/2013 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was able to run 345k self buffed DPS Arcane Mines with a 1h setup and live through reflect during the Wizard competition. This was in a 4 player MP10 group.
Edited by EmperorMao#1767 on 10/23/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/22/2013 09:45 AMPosted by kiza

Swap for a skorn with high LS only for SB?

Edited by wildfirebr#1127 on 10/23/2013 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do-able except for Maghda+SK combo. Damn those butterflies...
Reply Quote
Open for a few runs
Reply Quote
Open
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]