Diablo® III

Some skill requests for RoS

Meteor Storm - I would like to see a legendary that reduces the radius of variation for meteor storm strikes, so that they all strike a more centralized point.

Black Hole - a rune that has the effect: for the duration of the skill, enemies closer to the center of the black hole have their movement speed reduced more than those on the outside...since it's gravity and all y'know? Maybe that should just be a base characteristic of the spell.

^^ Supernova rune - enemies are drawn in by a collapse of gravity, and then exploded outward?

^^Quasar rune - since they're the biggest and baddest things in the universe, maybe make the black hole emit gamma rays in 2 opposite directions (180 degrees apart) that does an insane amount of damage, a la real life. <3 physics

Spectral blades - a rune that increases attack speed with a number of stacks, so that you can slice and dice enemies all ninja-like

Electrocute/shock pulse - since their both lightning like... i'd like to see one of the runes turn it to more of a lightning or chain lightning a la diablo 2 style. (i know, i know... you're obsessed with not comparing d2 to d3 and keeping it A SEPARATE GAME COMPLETELY!!1!. But you did it with frozen orb so this isn't a stretch.)

^or alternatively, what about a chain-nova type thing? enemies hit by the nova have a chance of creating a nova themselves.

Disintegrate - a rune that allows disintegrate to go through obstacles, so that you can stand in a safe place and burn it up. I think that would be cooler than some of the current runes

Flame Blades - maybe make this change the graphic to a single bigger fiery blade like a flame sword. maybe make it set enemies on fire to burn for a high amount of damage for a short time?

Arcane orbit - I think this has been underwhelming for awhile, maybe give it a small pushback to keep enemies away from you at least?

Blizzard - Glacier rune - turn the blizzards into larger ice blocks that have a chance to stun the enemies?

Magic weapon - I can't remember right now, but isn't there a fire rune? Shouldn't that be called Enchant? D2 or D1 references are noooot a bad thing! They integrate D3 into the franchise even more and make things seem more connected, while giving people a positive reminiscent feeling. You've done enough to make D3 not D2 v2.0... but I feel like you should connect things when possible.

I understand some of these would require graphics changes to the skills themselves instead of palette changes, and that's extra work that might not fit in the scope of the expansion. But I think that visually pleasing effects are critical to how an effect feels. Instead of taking the (short-sighted imo) approach of keeping the skill looking the same all the time, the more you can change it by runes in effect makes it more like a new skill altogether. This adds tons more character and visual satisfaction for the player. Take sleet storm for example, it's a whole nother animal compared to the base Ray of Frost. Please discuss and consider this approach for RoS or beyond it.

Just some of my thoughts, I apologize if it's not posted in the right place, and I encourage others to share ideas as well since...now is the time for suggestions before RoS is finalized. I do like the direction D3 is headed, Thanks!
Edited by Chotokukyan#1104 on 10/23/2013 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For the love of all things gigitty please give me a fire ball skill like D2. Frozen Orb has my attention, but a fire ball skill to go along with it would be so awesome.
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Hub
For the love of all things gigitty please give me a fire ball skill like D2. Frozen Orb has my attention, but a fire ball skill to go along with it would be so awesome.

They did. Kinda. It's also an Arcane Orb rune like Frozen Orb:

Scorch : Launch a burning orb that deals up to 335% weapon damage as Fire. The orb leaves behind a wall of Fire that deals 379% weapon damage as Fire over 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Chotokukyan
Meteor Storm - I would like to see a legendary that reduces the radius of variation for meteor storm strikes, so that they all strike a more centralized point.

What if black hole did this?

What if it pulled ALL projectiles towards it? (death blossom anyone?!)
Reply Quote

Forgot to mention this as well. In one of the batches of datamined information, there was an item that granted the following:

Your Meteors now hone in on targets.

Meaning if you team it with Meteor Shower all 7 would always hit something. And if you only have 1 target, all 7 would hit that one target. =O
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Quasar rune - since they're the biggest and baddest things in the universe

They not, supermassive Black Holes that are.

maybe make the black hole emit gamma rays in 2 opposite directions (180 degrees apart)

This seems like a Pulsar, and I agree, it would be a nice ability, like an arcane sentry with 2 laser beans.

Edited by wildfirebr#1127 on 10/23/2013 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I want a Chain Lighting that doesn't suck balls, like the one in D2. Or, anything lightning based to actually be worth the time to place it on the skill bar. That's one element that's severely lacking in D3.
Reply Quote
View profile

I want a Chain Lighting that doesn't suck balls, like the one in D2. Or, anything lightning based to actually be worth the time to place it on the skill bar. That's one element that's severely lacking in D3.

Storm armor is pretty good in pvp and Shocking Aspect is huge.

Also living lightning is the next-best-thing to energy twister for proc'ing CM...and piercing orb was bread and butter in all wizard builds near the launch.
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Bukizzle

Electrocute This is a Signature spell. Signature spells are free to cast. / Lightning arcs from your fingertips, dealing 138% weapon damage as Lightning. The lightning can jump, hitting up to 2 additional enemies.

Chain Lightning : Increase the maximum number of enemies that can be electrocuted to 31.

Then there was an item in one of the data-mined batches that said:

Your Electrocute can jump to targets it has already hit.

Those 2 together would be so awesome, but doubtful it'll go live that way. If they keep the item intact, then Chain Lightning's max number of targets will have to go way down. Or you'll only get 3 jumps out of it when on a single target so you're not doing 4278% weapon damage on a single target with a free Signature spell. 0.o
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 08:56 AMPosted by wildfirebr
Quasar rune - since they're the biggest and baddest things in the universe

They not, supermassive Black Holes that are.

Their event horizon isn't technically a corporeal 'thing', and since those black holes are super-massive...wouldn't their singularity be one of the dimensionally smallest things in the universe?
Edited by BDF#1838 on 10/23/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Malakai

Electrocute This is a Signature spell. Signature spells are free to cast. / Lightning arcs from your fingertips, dealing 138% weapon damage as Lightning. The lightning can jump, hitting up to 2 additional enemies.

Chain Lightning : Increase the maximum number of enemies that can be electrocuted to 31.

Then there was an item in one of the data-mined batches that said:

Your Electrocute can jump to targets it has already hit.

Those 2 together would be so awesome, but doubtful it'll go live that way. If they keep the item intact, then Chain Lightning's max number of targets will have to go way down. Or you'll only get 3 jumps out of it when on a single target so you're not doing 4278% weapon damage on a single target with a free Signature spell. 0.o

There are also legendary passives that
-doubles the jump of chain lightning making it 62 targets
-Double the number of enemies that Lightning elemental effects jump to. doubles it again to 124? lol
Lightning damage effect is increased and lightning damage has a chance to stun
Increases duration of stun effects by 1 second.
Lightning damage effect is increased and lightning damage has a chance to stun
Damage increased by 15% to targets that are slowed or stunned.
You take 25% less damage for each enemy that is stunned within 25 yards of you.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
10/23/2013 09:54 AMPosted by BDF
Their event horizon isn't technically a corporeal 'thing', and since those black holes are super-massive...wouldn't their singularity be one of the dimensionally smallest things in the universe?

Ok, it's very difficult to characterize the size of the event horizon and I agree about the singularity. About the term baddest, this will depend on how much one believes something is bad. I think the BH is the "baddest" lol
Edited by wildfirebr#1127 on 10/23/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 10:43 AMPosted by wildfirebr
I think the BH is the "baddest" lol

A black hole you can at least try to steer clear of, I just hope we don't come into the path of a gamma ray pulsar.
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/BtQXZaZQnPg?t=28s
Reply Quote
What if it pulled ALL projectiles towards it? (death blossom anyone?!)

This actually sounds like an awesome rune choice. Imagine slow time collecting projectiles, then you toss out black hole on an enemy and throw out death blossoms. THAT sounds like a fun playstyle, which I think is the point of runes and skill design in general - dynamic and diverse playstyles.

Forgot to mention this as well. In one of the batches of datamined information, there was an item that granted the following:

Your Meteors now hone in on targets.

Meaning if you team it with Meteor Shower all 7 would always hit something. And if you only have 1 target, all 7 would hit that one target. =O

I'm thoroughly excited about this. "Can't Wait!"™

Thanks for the replies and discussion. When physics and community ideas about the expansion come together, it's a beautiful thing. Keep throwing out ideas that would make for fun ways to play so Blizzard can see! Here's another one:

Slow Time - "Banish Rune" - allow Slow Time to be targeted instead of on-caster, and let it freeze monsters caught in the initial cast for a short duration. Optionally you could make them un-targetable for a longer duration or keep it on-caster for balance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]