Diablo® III

New wizard changes datamined

Up on diablo fans there's a ton of changes posted about all the classes. For wizards, pretty much every skill is bumped in damage a ton.

http://www.diablofans.com/

It's on the front page, just scroll down a little to see the changes.
or use link below
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/104850-new-expansion-patch-loot-runs-renamed-to-nephalem-rifts-new-passive-effects-massive-class-changes/

Arcane Orb boosted to 381% weapon damage
WW boosted to 527%
EB to 1021%
Meteor to 506, molten impact to 2504%
Archon - Arcane Destruction buffed to 6604% weapon damage
and plenty others.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 10/21/2013 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmmm definitely looks like CM could be on the way out (or radically altered). I can't see how the new EB would be remotely balanced with CM.
Reply Quote
Molten Impact : Increases the damage of the Meteor impact to 2504% weapon damage as Fire and the molten fire to 836% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. / Adds a 15 second cooldown.

Why the 15 secs cooldown :S
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:29 PMPosted by TekkZero
Hmmm definitely looks like CM could be on the way out (or radically altered). I can't see how the new EB would be remotely balanced with CM.

yeh from the looks of it. CM is surely getting killed. esp when they even bumped up the damage of WW
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Liquid

Because a rune shouldn't increase damage output of a skill by 5x without some drawback. Seems a bit severe though.
Reply Quote
it's obvious they want to slow down the gameplay which doesn't make sense
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Loroese

Because a rune shouldn't increase damage output of a skill by 5x without some drawback. Seems a bit severe though.

I think that's the buff meteor needed, esp since the relative high ap cost. 15 sec cooldown is crazy long.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Liquid
I think that's the buff meteor needed, esp since the relative high ap cost. 15 sec cooldown is crazy long.

I totally agree with the overall buff, though the 2500% damage to the skill is a bit OP without some sort of CD drawback. I'm actually thinking the base damage on the other runes should be a little higher since they're barely above the damage of other skills but still costs a lot of AP. It's a good start though.
Reply Quote
baba:

Molten Fury : Increase Earthquake's damage to 6600% weapon damage as Fire. (Renamed from Aftershocks. Previously knocked enemies back and dealt 65% damage)

LOL
Reply Quote
baba:

Molten Fury : Increase Earthquake's damage to 6600% weapon damage as Fire. (Renamed from Aftershocks. Previously knocked enemies back and dealt 65% damage)

LOL

That's got to be one of the biggest buffs EVER for a patch change. Increased the damage by over 100x the previous value.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I had a feeling Arcane Destruction for Archon will be utilized more often to capitalize on the short duration, but that damage is just... heh.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:29 PMPosted by TekkZero
True, along with molten impact which would be very OP if you could negate the cooldown.

Also of some note to cm builds: frost nova cooldown increased to 15 seconds, although cold snap cooldown decreased to 7.5 seconds.
Reply Quote
This will Never go live

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_649_x1 - Removes the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike.

Hello Monk invulnerability 2.0
Reply Quote
YESSSS. Mirror images taunt now. I'm going to pretend its because of my suggestion in that community commentary.

Also yeah, cm is def going to get hit hard. I noticed a few skills received a chance to freeze though, which could be 'ok.'
Reply Quote
Uhh...

Chain Lightning : Increase the maximum number of enemies that can be electrocuted to 31.

It's like I'm touching myself...
Reply Quote
Frost Nova Cooldown: 15 seconds / Blast nearby enemies with an explosion of ice and freeze them for 3 seconds.
Frozen Mist : Frost Nova no longer freezes enemies, but instead leaves behind a mist of frost that deals 1592% weapon damage as Cold over 8 seconds.
Cold Snap : Reduce the cooldown of Frost Nova to 7.5 seconds.
Deep Freeze : Gain a 15% bonus to Critical Hit Chance for 15 seconds if Frost Nova hits 5 or more enemies.

note the disparity. so you can freeze even better than before using coldsnap but you freeze worse with other stats (cd increased from 12 to 15 seconds).

and if you give up freeze altogether. 1592% dmg frozen mist(+build change affix of gain 50% freeze chance when you chill)

Mocking Demise : When a Mirror Image is destroyed, it explodes, dealing 419% weapon damage as Arcane with a 50% chance to Stun for 2 seconds.

Frost Hydra : Summon a Frost Hydra that breathes a short range cone of frost, causing 222% weapon damage as Cold to all enemies in the cone. (hydras look neat now)

(ice armor) Chilling Aura : Lower the temperature of the air around you. Nearby enemies are chilled, slowing their movement speed by 80%. (is 80% alot now..) so no need freeze. do kite/keepaway/nuke

Lightning Bind : If the initial impact causes a Critical Hit, the electrified Meteor duration is increased to 8 seconds and enemies are rooted for 4 seconds. / Meteor's damage turns into Lightning.

infinite ap + infinite lightning bind might be a good perma root alternative

Numb : Ray of Frost has a 15% chance to Freeze enemies for 1 second and increases the Slow amount to 140% for 3 seconds. (so is 140% slow means you move back negatively? )

or

blazar + Surge of Power : Gain 12 Arcane Power for each enemy hit combo is enough to suck mobs away from you forever?

(new cm macro. SOP x2 + 1 blazar )

---
I think the changes to twister simply means all the proc rates are utterly totally gone.. ie: 0.0001%
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 10/22/2013 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
baba:

LOL

Those Barbies!
Reply Quote
Pulsar is back with shorter cooldown!

Good stuff.
Reply Quote
Updated my RoS 4Elements Archon build with the new datamined information. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9973137365
Reply Quote
It just gets weirder and weirder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]