Diablo® III

New wizard changes datamined

View profile
Dang, they buffed grasping chill to a 4 second snare, that's so OP.

But seriously, these changes look pretty cool for the most part. Like the stronger WoF, mocking demise, raging storm, AO.
Reply Quote
better get used to diamond in helms and getting vit elsewhere like how SC users do
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Heck...even firebats gets a buff for WH. So many DPS buffs...when MP10 is "easily" farmable now.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:29 PMPosted by TekkZero
Hmmm definitely looks like CM could be on the way out (or radically altered). I can't see how the new EB would be remotely balanced with CM.

I thought they previously removed the cooldown on EB. If so, this would not a buff to CM, but a buff to APOC/resource gen builds that can afford to spam, making EB a good resource spender in non-CM builds (it's currently restricted to CM builds).

Nothing I saw showed CM on its way out. There were lots of dmg buffs tho. Like twisters, Shocking Aspect dmg.

EDIT: I was wrong. Looks like EB is 6s cooldown in most recent datamine!
Edited by Vox#1186 on 10/22/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^^^ If I'm remembering right, no cooldown EB was an item affix.
Reply Quote
Piehole
Heck...even firebats gets a buff for WH. So many DPS buffs...when MP10 is "easily" farmable now.

Silly boy. They didn’t just double/triple the dps of every skill for nothing :> Torment will be the new inferno.

Torment to Inferno, is as Inferno to Hell.
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 10/22/2013 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Black HoleBlack Hole Cost: 20 Arcane Power / Cooldown: 8 seconds / Conjure a Black Hole at the target location that draws enemies to it and deals 170% weapon damage as Arcane over 2 seconds to all enemies within 15 yards.

Supermassive : Increases the Black Hole radius to 20 yards and damage to 455% weapon damage as Lightning over 2 seconds.
Blazar : Conjure a Black Hole at the target location that draws enemies to it and deals 170% weapon damage as Fire over 2 seconds to all enemies within 15 yards. / After the Black Hole disappears, an explosion occurs that deals 454% weapon damage as Fire to enemies within 15 yards.
Absolute Zero : Each enemy you hit grants 12% increased damage for the next Cold spell you cast. / Black Hole's damage turns into Cold..

I easily see this making its way into a CM build. I know I for one, always like having a monk or a barb around to pull everything into a tight space for me to blow up.

But who knows, we're not yet seeing the full picture. I don't think the point of the expansion will be to kill the CM wiz, I think instead it will embrace the CM wiz and create more diverse ways of building one, so SNS isn't the default anymore.

If they're buffing everything for the new difficulty, then the popular skills must be buffed too but I'm more fascinated with how they change the unpopular skills in an attempt to make them more viable. It's one thing to see the numbers but I have to play with the changed skills myself a bit, to see how they "feel", when they come out.
Reply Quote
Well they added a passive that reduces the cool down on spells for demons killed.
Also, a passive that enables Ray of frost to pierce!!!!!! RoF could potentially become a main skill spell.
The chain lightning hits up to 31 targets is insane considering there are two legendary passives that double the jump. It seems to gimp the spell without the rune though because without the rune it only jump to 3 targets total? Seems whack they should probably up the base jump to around 6 or 12 then.
Hydras actually do good damage now? Wow hydras could be.... used
Reply Quote
Blizzard Wizards are coming. Hide inside before it's too late.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/21/2013 11:29 PMPosted by TekkZero
Hmmm definitely looks like CM could be on the way out (or radically altered). I can't see how the new EB would be remotely balanced with CM.

Really?

Games gotten more carebear every patch thats why a lot of my friends like shand quit;

I expect no different from RoS.

face roll city like console
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/22/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I should probably get rid of my awesome meteor source while I have time.. What's your opinion guys?

Chant's Force
------------------
103-484
175 Int
Attack speed 8%
13 Arcane power
CC 10%
APOC 9
Meteor Reduc. by 4
Edited by C4rnif3X#1128 on 10/22/2013 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8156835610?page=34#677

you're welcome.

I'll go back to wiz once these buffs go live ;-)
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Ley
I easily see this making its way into a CM build

I dont think there will be an CM build. ie, it's not the case where I think CM will be nerfed. It's the case where I think CM will be removed completely.

Blizz has made very vocal about how they dont like these "exploity" type builds. They're not going to buff the hell out of ET and EB and let us get strictly better buffs at no cost. This is also consistent with them giving us the Diamond.

CM will be no more. But I dont think it's a bad thing....I use to enjoy playing Sorceress -> hit hard, kite a little, hit hard again.

Just gimme Pulsar and Frozen Orb and I'm a happy chappy.
Reply Quote

Just gimme Pulsar and Frozen Orb and I'm a happy chappy.

I suppose that would make me happy too.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8156835610?page=34#677

you're welcome.

I'll go back to wiz once these buffs go live ;-)

I agree that Wizards are in serious need of some awesome 2 hand staves.

As a wizard I have no complaints if CM is to be removed considering we're getting CDR affixes and then this Reduce all cooldowns by 1 second every time you kill a demon and along with retuning skills with CM being removed in mind. Perhaps they could also add an undead and beast version as well.
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 10/23/2013 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The thing is that we can't just look at all these damage buffs and assume too much. There could be other changes under the hood that don't show up in data-mined information/tooltips. For example, CM could now have an internal cooldown, EB might take an attack turn now, some abilities might no longer scale with certain stats (like how Hydra currently doesn't scale with CHD past 50%), proc coefficients could have been gutted to hell, APoC might have been changed in functionality or even removed, etc.

We also have no idea what kind of damage model we'll be working with at level 70, nor do we know anything about mob HP at level 70, incoming damage amounts, whether or not stat caps will be worked back in at some point, how good or bad HP sustain will be, what kind of new elite affixes will exist, etc. So basically we have no idea what the flow of combat is going to be like, and it could very well be nothing like what we experience with the current game.

I also just think that they turned everything way up so that they can start the damage balancing process. From here we'll probably start to see everything start to steadily become tuned down with each new instance of data-mined information. Perhaps they feel that overshooting the mark at first is the best approach, and then tuning downward until they find the sweet spot is the way to go (instead of tuning way down, and then start tuning upward until they find it).

It could also be an error with the data-mining. This happened before with World of Warcraft a long time ago where the data-mining showed everything being jacked way up, but when the patch hit the PTR things were nowhere near what the data-mining information showed.

Just some things to think about.
Reply Quote
Piehole

Silly boy. They didn’t just double/triple the dps of every skill for nothing :> Torment will be the new inferno.

Torment to Inferno, is as Inferno to Hell.

someone said that torment is for mp power changes
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1p16l2/ros_game_difficulty_uispoiler/

Difficulty0 Easy
Difficulty1 Normal
Difficulty2 Hard
Difficulty3 Torment
Difficulty4 Demonic
Difficulty5 Apocalypse I
Difficulty6 Apocalypse II
Difficulty7 Apocalypse III
Difficulty8 Apocalypse IV
Difficulty9 Apocalypse V
Reply Quote
they better make the loots/rewards better like 100x
Reply Quote
Difficulty0 EasyDifficulty1 NormalDifficulty2 HardDifficulty3 TormentDifficulty4 DemonicDifficulty5 Apocalypse IDifficulty6 Apocalypse IIDifficulty7 Apocalypse IIIDifficulty8 Apocalypse IVDifficulty9 Apocalypse V

Difficulty 10 Catashandlerclysm x_x

10/22/2013 07:22 PMPosted by C4rnif3X
What's your opinion guys?

NICE!
Hold it close to your bosom and nestle close.
Reply Quote
The thing is that we can't just look at all these damage buffs and assume too much. There could be other changes under the hood that don't show up in data-mined information/tooltips. For example, CM could now have an internal cooldown, EB might take an attack turn now, some abilities might no longer scale with certain stats (like how Hydra currently doesn't scale with CHD past 50%), proc coefficients could have been gutted to hell, APoC might have been changed in functionality or even removed, etc.

We also have no idea what kind of damage model we'll be working with at level 70, nor do we know anything about mob HP at level 70, incoming damage amounts, whether or not stat caps will be worked back in at some point, how good or bad HP sustain will be, what kind of new elite affixes will exist, etc. So basically we have no idea what the flow of combat is going to be like, and it could very well be nothing like what we experience with the current game.

I also just think that they turned everything way up so that they can start the damage balancing process. From here we'll probably start to see everything start to steadily become tuned down with each new instance of data-mined information. Perhaps they feel that overshooting the mark at first is the best approach, and then tuning downward until they find the sweet spot is the way to go (instead of tuning way down, and then start tuning upward until they find it).

It could also be an error with the data-mining. This happened before with World of Warcraft a long time ago where the data-mining showed everything being jacked way up, but when the patch hit the PTR things were nowhere near what the data-mining information showed.

Just some things to think about.

Everything here x1000000000
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]