Diablo® III

New wizard changes datamined

data mining,, hows that 40 cc ias cap going ...oh its not....less said about datamining the better.I look at it as a nerds national enquirer.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/23/2013 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Are we really sure caps aren't in play still? I'm sure not operating under that assumption.
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Ossian
Are we really sure caps aren't in play still? I'm sure not operating under that assumption.

No we're not sure.

We're not sure if APOC will exist.

We're not sure if they're going to normalize all procs to attack speed rather than skill usage.

We're not sure if Critical Mass will exist at all, or if it will be in a weaker form.
Reply Quote
It could also be an error with the data-mining. This happened before with World of Warcraft a long time ago where the data-mining showed everything being jacked way up, but when the patch hit the PTR things were nowhere near what the data-mining information showed.

Just some things to think about.

Totally agree with you. I do like to see that they're making changes, or that it at least appears they are. The sheer number of changes means they seem to be trying to rebalance the class. This is something that people have been wanting for quite some time, so it's definitely a step in the right direction.

As for the actual values of each skill, as datamined they all seem crazy high, so I'm betting you're right that it's just the first step and they'll be tweaked and adjusted for better balance. It'll also be very interesting to see what sort of legendaries pop up, since they mentioned a desire for legendaries to entice people to try different builds.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:29 PMPosted by TekkZero
Hmmm definitely looks like CM could be on the way out (or radically altered). I can't see how the new EB would be remotely balanced with CM.

Why not?

Do you know how underpowered our DPS would be vs all other builds if they left our damage alone? Already we get our butts handed to us by monks/barbs/WD - we'd fall off without this much needed dps boost. The frost nova cooldown nerf will actually help boost our dps as well as you know less nova casts = more eDPS.

About damn time I say. ET and EB do way too little damage as is. And say hello to my old school Cold Mist build, finally viable - they listened to me and Aim's concerns (cries) on that lol.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 10/23/2013 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also just think that they turned everything way up so that they can start the damage balancing process. From here we'll probably start to see everything start to steadily become tuned down with each new instance of data-mined information. Perhaps they feel that overshooting the mark at first is the best approach, and then tuning downward until they find the sweet spot is the way to go (instead of tuning way down, and then start tuning upward until they find it).

I think the reason for bumping the damage coefficients of the skills up sky high is to allow people with bad gear by today's standards (read: people who quit months ago) to be capable of farming the current content and quickly dive into the expansion content.

Like you said, all the damage numbers are relative to the enemies we face. They could give EB a 10k damage coefficient and you'd still kill slow as molasses if the trash mobs in RoS each walked around with 100x the HP of MP10 azmodan.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 10/23/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 02:32 PMPosted by MasterJay
Hmmm definitely looks like CM could be on the way out (or radically altered). I can't see how the new EB would be remotely balanced with CM.

Why not?

Do you know how underpowered our DPS would be vs all other builds if they left our damage alone?
Rather than write a long rebuttal why I think you're wrong, I think I'll just leave it that we disagree irreconcilably on this topic (since we've discussed the topic of SNS being broken repeatedly in the last month).

I'll just say that the increases in DPS for Wicked Wind (~2x), Explosive Blast (~4-4.75x), and Shocking Aspect (+1.5x) just don't bode well for CM-based builds. These are huge damage increases. I'll be VERY surprised that these damage values are left in place (unless we see a huge power escalation everywhere) or else we'll likely see something like Wicked Wind's proc rate hammer into the ground, EB will require a casting action, and/or CM is dramatically revamped. There's no way status quo builds running CM will look the same as they do now.
Reply Quote
Doubling the skill dps wont exactly increase our total edps output, but it will significantly help. Only the DH have a lower edps multiplier than the wizard class.

Funny how that game design turned out ranged classes have the least mitigation and the least available damage output. I can understand the whole mitigation stance, but come on blizzard we don't actually Nuke anything (not even close to a nirvana monk). It's more like we apply a slow poison that eventually kills our targets. Nothing close to a good Hota barb/Nirvana Monk/ COB witchdoctor.

At least on paper its a proper push in the right direction.
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 10/23/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]