Diablo® III

Any flying dragon monks out there?

Just to mix things up, I am thinking about building an attack speed monk with a flying dragon. I believe the double attack speed proc has no internal cooldown, so more attack speed = more procs. Curious to hear anyone's experience with it. I am looking to build a set on maybe a 500 mil budget, and just breeze through like mp 5 or 6 with it. I am also considering getting a non-LS so I can get both socket and crit damage. I am thinking LS might not be necessary on the mid-mps if I stack some lps and loh elsewhere.
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 10/22/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I seem to remember there being a guide a while back somewhere with a guy using a flying dragon over a skorn. Only problem is finding the perfect FD to use, seems most people just brimstone them.
Reply Quote
I have a high CD + LoK one if you want it for some testing. Just add me in game.
Reply Quote
View profile
You've got to find a REALLY good one w/o sustain imo. make lpss/globes work and you can do mp8 comfortably i think.
Reply Quote
I have 2 good ones (1.2K DPS) one with LS+CD and one with LOH+Socket.
Only got them because they have high CC on Tempest Rush (good for SW generating more cyclones), but that is not enough to make them more attractive than my big LS Skorn. The high CD (170%+) and Socket in the Skorn are certainly superior assets.

However, if you are on a budget, the FD are viable for TR and have, for example, a buff to something you use, like bells CC.

I really don't see any interest in using a 2H for speed - it's gotta be a pair of CD+Socket fast 1H weapons, eventually one of them being an LS EF (but EF has the problem of fear)
Reply Quote
It's proc rate is very low and last only for a short time. Probably once every 20 attacks? Hope you're not thinking of chaining the double-strikes.
Reply Quote
View profile
the proc rate is super random imo. with my experience. sometimes would occur several times in a matter of minutes and other times it would take forever to proc.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/22/2013 05:25 PMPosted by RelytReborn
the proc rate is super random imo. with my experience. sometimes would occur several times in a matter of minutes and other times it would take forever to proc.

Yup. Proc lasts ~4.5 seconds I believe. I played with them as soon as they came out. Stacking attac-speed works but it's just so random. MP10 is most certainly doable with other good gear support. These days you can do MP10 with good mitigation and only a 60 LpSS helm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]