Diablo® III

Inna's Favor or Witching Hour for Monk?

Does the 4 set Inna's bonus really matter for an end game Monk(just to level)?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
A lot of people use the 4-piece set bonus for builds centered around Sweeping Wind (for obvious reasons). One that comes to mind is Tempest Rush based builds. You don't want IAS for TR because the higher your APS, the more spirit you consume while channeling TR. Also, Inna's Favor is generally a lot easier to obtain than a good Witching Hour.

The Witching Hour is more useful for builds that are centered around hitting fast (its IAS) and hitting hard (its CD). I personally use Inna's Favor when I'm running solo low MP TR for my monk. I have a Witching Hour for when I'm dual-wielding in multiplayer games.

BTW you should be asking this in the monk forum.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
For monks an Inna's belt can be endgame, but not because of the 4pc bonus. Two pieces is all you really want for monk or DH.

The 8% holy damage and 200 dex can give you more DPS than 9IAS, 50CHD, and 200 dex a Witching Hour can roll when your other gear slots are godly.

With a black damage (non-elemental) weapon and godly gear at all other slots. The 8% holy damage adds up to a ton of DPS.

WH are preferred by many because of the eHP you can get along with DPS. Inna's belts are very glassy. For a dex class to get the most out of that belt it needs the double dex roll. Which means no res. So they offer very little eHP besides possibly a small amount of vit sometimes and the good armor roll they always come with. Also the gear it takes at other slots to make Inna's Favor BiS is pretty extreme.
Reply Quote
The only class that can even consider another belt than the witching hour is barbs running a no leech skorn.
Reply Quote
from an SC purely DPS stand point, WH is king. 2 set innas (dex)/2 set Nats(cc bonus) and a WH really is about the best combinations IMO

I used to run 4pc Inna (cracking SW every 2 secs) but it just doesnt do much for you and once you shake the SW junkie habit and learn to time SW a bit better u won't even miss the 4 pc bonus.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Relentless
The 8% holy damage and 200 dex can give you more DPS than 9IAS, 50CHD, and 200 dex a Witching Hour can roll when your other gear slots are godly.

I agree the 8% holy damage is awesome. But I don't think it can compete with 50 CD and 9% ias at the end game. Let's consider some simple near-end-game numbers and just look at the crit damage.

100k dps without crits. 50% CC and 400% CD.

That's 300k dps total. 8% ontop of that is 24k dps.

Another 50% CD is 50% of 100k dps 50% of the time, or 25k dps.

So with these numbers the 8% holy damage is essentially the same as the 50% CD. With IAS the witching hour is the clear winner.
Reply Quote
So not true check out dprog most of the top dps monks will be wearing the inna belt due to the dps increase it gives over the witching hour.
Reply Quote
Inna's 4 set is useless.

For Endgame monk, Inna's belt may yield higher DPS, but WH provide much2 better EHP. Check out mine.
Reply Quote
Your belt is nice but mines better :)
Reply Quote
@Blade. Kinda need the double resist. I'm low on resist even with OWE.
Reply Quote
Why not get some vile wards increased armor and all res roll with great vit or you could go with high dex low vit and double res roll. Your dps will take a hit but your survivability will go up and 65k life is more than what you need.

Then to make up dps get a new Nat ring with cc can probably drop some vit there and go all dps. 50k life is more than plenty.
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 10/23/2013 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I went with innas favor, it was a lot cheaper than a good WH, plus i always liked ehp over dps, at the time innas favor gave me a 15k dps increase, rockin Fist of Az as a MH i get the 8% plus when i throw on an soj i get that as well ;)
Reply Quote
I can't imagine innas are dps better than wh, i had a very good inna(8%, 185 dex) and it couldn't top my then-wh (127 dex, 9/46), it fact it was ~2k short.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 09:09 PMPosted by BladeMaster
So not true check out dprog most of the top dps monks will be wearing the inna belt due to the dps increase it gives over the witching hour.

I'm going to call you on this.

Anyone high-end would be using innas for some other reason than dps - be it due to a breakpoint or for more base damage (which increases damage of many monk skills).

Just to humor you though, I checked for the top dps monk on diabloprogress (529k). If he switched to a 9/50/200 witching hour, his sheet dps would go up by 6% to 562k.

Note that I'm not saying this witching hour is a better choice. With witching hour his bells would deal less damage and he may or may not have fewer frames per attack. However, his sheet dps definitely goes up by a good margin

EDIT: Oops, fixed the above to take into account the loss of the two-set bonus too.
Edited by DrPotato#1345 on 10/23/2013 5:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Single resist WH are also much cheaper with dex/vit than an Inna's with dex/vit. I think mine ran me 15m. 6cc mempos aren't worth it to force 2pc elsewhere!

/poor
Reply Quote
Really not true at all the holy damage makes a big difference dps wise as the dprog guys just use stats to boost dps the characters you see are not able to farm any content in mp10. You can call me on this if you want too but just look at the Grats next to no vit very little defense anywhere it's all epeen. Innas will be found on almost all of them simply cause it provides a better dps stat.

Also monks have no specific breakpoints like other classes
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 10/23/2013 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Curious, does the Holy Damage help at all with the Nirvana Holy Dot?

-Ach
Reply Quote
Because I like my crafted chest instead of Innas chest innas belt does more damage than best WH I could find at the time. Now if you already have the bonus for 2pc then go WH. Also. If they do decide to put caps on ias or cd or even a heal attached to holy damage which I have seen thrown around a few times then you'll be glad u already have the belt. You need to get dex/vit roll on innas belt though if you go all resist might as well get WH instead because damage will be a wash.

Edit also if your weapons aren't black damage probably get wh.
Edited by vexelite#1417 on 10/23/2013 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Curious, does the Holy Damage help at all with the Nirvana Holy Dot?

-Ach

Come on man. haha

No.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]