Diablo® III

If anyone needs to upgrade their gems

... now is the time to do it. I have no idea what shenanigans are in motion, but the current going price of RS Emeralds is once again below the gold cost of upgrading them from Flawless Squares.

http://imgur.com/RYAFFqF

If you watch closely, you can get them even cheaper than what you see in the screenshot - I think the lowest I saw was a little below 10 mil apiece.
Reply Quote
Or if anyone wants to make a quick profit...
Reply Quote
Ouch, just bought 3 of them @21.5m each
Reply Quote
View profile
back at 23m ish.
Reply Quote
Yeah, looks like the craze is over, they're back at a steady price now. Things were really weird there for like half an hour - you could see some super cheap batches getting injected here and there, I guess someone was trying to push down the average going price.

@Araharja - 21.5 isn't at all bad, if you're buying to upgrade your own stuff. Even as an investment it's not a total waste of gold, since you need to resell @ 25, to come out even, and the regular prices often swing over that threshold.
Reply Quote
Bah I wish I had seen this an hour ago instead of watching Big Bang Theory, lol
Reply Quote
Yeah, looks like the craze is over, they're back at a steady price now. Things were really weird there for like half an hour - you could see some super cheap batches getting injected here and there, I guess someone was trying to push down the average going price.

@Araharja - 21.5 isn't at all bad, if you're buying to upgrade your own stuff. Even as an investment it's not a total waste of gold, since you need to resell @ 25, to come out even, and the regular prices often swing over that threshold.

Yes, finally after arguing with myself for long, i decided to make 2x marquise emerald for my weapons :D. I only got about 150m gold left in stash :(
Reply Quote
Did anyone notice if the hijinx took place in the RMAH too? I sold another plan today and will be picking up a couple more RS gems after the sale clears.
Reply Quote
View profile
How long does it take you to sell a plan I have tried many times always get returned
Reply Quote
Plans still sell. I've sold around 200 plans for $1 since launch. Ones I bought for 5k gold. People are dumb/lazy. Just filler RMAH slots.
Reply Quote
Damn. I was still asleep...
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 04:14 AMPosted by BladeMaster
How long does it take you to sell a plan I have tried many times always get returned

The longest dry spell I've seen is two weeks, but I sell one a week on average. I just keep my RMAH filled with 50 plans and cycle the 10 oldest returned plans when the latest batch is returned. There is no sense in letting the space go unused if I can make sales for almost no effort. : )

10/23/2013 05:24 AMPosted by Davlok
Plans still sell. I've sold around 200 plans for $1 since launch. Ones I bought for 5k gold. People are dumb/lazy. Just filler RMAH slots.

They do indeed. I don't even bother spending gold on them. I just sell what I pick up.
Reply Quote
nvm, I am obviously not a RMAH tycoon and have no idea what I am talking about :P
Edited by Sinafae#1771 on 10/23/2013 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Commodities only have a 15% fee. So 85 cents balance which you can use to buy 25m now?

So essentially you are flipping 5k gold for 25m because people are lazy enough to not to switch AHs when credit carding. I am still amazed when stuff sells, but it still does.
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 10/23/2013 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
nm, Davlok beat me to it. : )
Edited by Treleth#1141 on 10/23/2013 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You selling particular types of plans? Always wondered how people were that stupid.
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Piffle
You selling particular types of plans? Always wondered how people were that stupid.

Any patterns will do. Many aren't in stock on the RMAH because who in the right mind would buy a conquest sword pattern for $1? A lot. Many patterns aren't even in stock on the RMAH, which puts you at the front of the queue. But some patterns sell more often than others ;-)
Reply Quote
While I don't buy / sell on the RMAH, I can say that plans do sell in the GAH regularly.

I sell every gem and 6-prop plan I find, and they usually sell within an hour of being posted.
Of course, they don't sell for tons of gold, but some do sell for a couple hundred thousand each, which is STILL better than 99% of the legendaries that drop...
Edited by Balthazar23#1929 on 10/23/2013 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]