Diablo® III

And I thought monks had the best community

@ Weegee & CC

C'mon, guys! Turn those frowns upside down - a little horseplaying can't be that detrimental to anyone's level of intelligence (and besides - your main stat is dexterity, so you shouldn't be impacted at all).

We also know for a a fact that the usual suspects are very nice and competent people, with whom we've enjoyed playing and chatting, under different circumstances. With nothing better to do at the moment, there shouldn't be much harm in spreading a little silliness across the boards. This is a game forum, after all - why so serious?!
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry the best community is the S&B community (no specific classes) just because we're all looked down on anyway! :)
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Laurelynd
your main stat is dexterity, so you shouldn't be impacted at all

there shouldn't be much harm in spreading a little silliness across the boards. This is a game forum, after all

Word.
Reply Quote
Just saw a couple monk trolls - which are also are big posters here - saying stupid things on other forums.

I was kinda disappointed.

As long as everyone's laughing and this isn't at anyone's expense, why should it be an issue?

there shouldn't be much harm in spreading a little silliness across the boards. This is a game forum, after all - why so serious?!

This 100x
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 10/23/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I have to disagree completely. The art of trolling, and doing it well, requires a level of intelligence that is beyond the common individual. You have to be subtle, appear sincere, be able to satirize something commonplace, and be able to pull it off without getting a ban if you are to be truly successful at it.

Meh. Trolling is low-brow humor at best. There's no "art". It's just someone getting their jollies at others' expenses. Trolls are just people who use the fact that they can hide behind a screen name and anonymity to raise the hackles of people who in no way deserve such treatment. Honestly, I'm surprised that a straight shooter like you would hold trolling in any particular esteem.

That my sirs and ladies, is a sophisticated art. One I wish I myself could perform.

Alas, I have never trolled. I simply am not good at it. Therefore all my posts are for the betterment of the community, cross-class collaboration, and general knowledge building goals.

Probably the best policy. I don't really think it's possible to troll extensively in these forums without being banned for it. The mods are ever on guard here. And they always stay true to their modus operandi: Tough but fair.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 10/23/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Mind you, I'm not against having harmless fun :)

Its probably more to the point that's the the same thing. day in, day out.
With the lack of game changes and updates, the whole forum is quite stagnant. The only thing that keeps it fresh are the new players *waves hello*

It's great to see the core of monk community though. through thick and thin.

I will now go back to lurking :)

~Weegee - The Tyrael's Monk~

These forums have been mostly boring and stagnant for the majority of the game's life. I mean, there are the occasional new guides for a new update, but outside of that the majority of posts are just, "hi, I'm too lazy to do any sort of research for myself, please tell me what to improve."

Did you really enjoy responding to those 8 million times a day?
Reply Quote
I don't troll....I just get drunk and post stupid stuff...it amuses me
Reply Quote
Meh. Trolling is low-brow humor at best. There's no "art".

Exactly. I have a sense of humor. I just find trolling stupid so...

10/23/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Benjamin
I don't troll....I just get drunk and post stupid stuff...it amuses me

See, that's funny!
Edited by bearr#2157 on 10/23/2013 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have to disagree completely. The art of trolling, and doing it well, requires a level of intelligence that is beyond the common individual. You have to be subtle, appear sincere, be able to satirize something commonplace, and be able to pull it off without getting a ban if you are to be truly successful at it.

That my sirs and ladies, is a sophisticated art. One I wish I myself could perform.

Alas, I have never trolled. I simply am not good at it. Therefore all my posts are for the betterment of the community, cross-class collaboration, and general knowledge building goals.

I c wut u did thar

lol well played
Reply Quote
View profile
Mind you, I'm not against having harmless fun :)

Its probably more to the point that's the the same thing. day in, day out.
With the lack of game changes and updates, the whole forum is quite stagnant. The only thing that keeps it fresh are the new players *waves hello*

It's great to see the core of monk community though. through thick and thin.

I will now go back to lurking :)

~Weegee - The Tyrael's Monk~

These forums have been mostly boring and stagnant for the majority of the game's life. I mean, there are the occasional new guides for a new update, but outside of that the majority of posts are just, "hi, I'm too lazy to do any sort of research for myself, please tell me what to improve."

Did you really enjoy responding to those 8 million times a day?

where is my six billion!!!!
Reply Quote
Trolling is Soooooo easy.... just start a topic you know will inflame everyones senses..... I have a good one.... making a one pawed kitten perform tricks for you....so easy
Reply Quote
We do have the best community. We stemmed together and worked for the same end goal.

We're so knit tight.
Reply Quote
View profile
OKAY GUYS. Lets just be serious for 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3jg9HwCJjM

Then lets continue trolling ^.^
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 03:59 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3jg9HwCJjM

Hmmm... this should be a monk challenge. Let's do some kind of video capture within D3 of our favourite characters that satisfies conditions in that video. Although I dunno about the door slam element. Hmmmmm...
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 10/23/2013 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
a little horseplaying can't be that detrimental to anyone's level of intelligence (and besides - your main stat is dexterity

OMG this cracked me up, haha
Reply Quote
lthough I dunno about the door slam element. Hmmmmm...

Well theres the door on leorics manor, we can only open it though :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]