Diablo® III

The treasure bandit always takes priority!

This happened during a live stream last week. I think it is funny how the treasure bandit always trumps whatever is going on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKZ1gSFZTo
Reply Quote
Lol yeah.

But it is annoying when you wear your puzzle ring and drop all the dps needed to kill the little blighter and the team just ignores them.

Many a nerd rage caused on my end
Reply Quote
Idc about them, nvr got anything good from them
Reply Quote
I always go after them... there is going to be that one time it is worth it.

@StaticuS they do pop up at some of the worst times. I had one pop up on an ubber because my follower had one on.
Reply Quote
If I remember correctly, a treasure goblin is essentially a moving resplendent chest (minus the neph stacks).

I've gotten a couple legendaries from them, and they're always a good source of loot.

In that particular vid, I was still learning to play the Monk. So not only did I miss some hits, I didn't have good CC skills to lock him down. you can hear as I was genuinely surprised to run into the mess of my angry brethren.
Reply Quote
We are steaming right now if anyone would care to check it out

http://www.twitch.tv/goatnhog
Reply Quote
They are so annoying when playing my Witch Doctor. My summoned creatures (the follower too when soloing) always run right past them to attack everything else a mile away in the background instead. Every ... single ... time. Taking one on alone? I can barely do enough damage 99% of the time. Doesn't even matter if I target the little effer with the left trigger either. CC doesn't really help all that much either since most enemies will run half way across my grasping ability before being affected, then become unaffected the moment they hit the opposite edge. It got so exasperating that I've switched to a different class altogether. If only I could just ignore them and not care like others apparently do. :-/
Reply Quote
Thanks to those who came out to the stream we had a good time playing with some of you. Follow us on twitch and twitter, we do this a couple nights a week!

@GoatNHog

http://www.twitch.tv/goatnhog
Reply Quote
For those who could not make it to the stream here is a little taste of what goes on. Hope you enjoy and hope to see some of you come join us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39fU9rddugg
Reply Quote
Me getting smoked by that poison plant trap you set off is a great example of how laid back we are when we play.

Had a great night and it seemed like our audience did as well. Looking forward to the next one.
Reply Quote
Did a short run this morning and got 2 legendaries from goblins about 5 min apart....so there is always a chance for a drop.
Reply Quote
I have a puzzle ring on my Templar and it's funny when one spawns when I'm fighting ubers. Sure enough I'll go chase it down even then. The only time I make an exception is when playing HC, it's a sure way to get in over your head quickly.
Reply Quote
Goat got a pair of legendary legs off a goblin last night during the stream!
Reply Quote
Hopefully we are streaming again tonight, will post on these forums if we are!
Reply Quote
Love the puzzle ring, but I suspect having it on my DH will only upset other players in public games that don't know about it, thinking that the DH triggered a natural one. :/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/25/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Timbonator
Love the puzzle ring, but I suspect having it on my DH will only upset other players in public games that don't know about it, thinking that the DH triggered a natural one. :/

They might be confused the first time a Treasure Goblin spawns, but it doesn't take long for most folks to figure it out. I love it when one of my party members has that ring equipped. You never know if you'll be able to take the goblin down or not, but it's always a good time trying!
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Grimiku
I love it when one of my party members has that ring equipped. You never know if you'll be able to take the goblin down or not, but it's always a good time trying!

Especially since whoever is wearing the ring is likely losing a big portion of their dps equipping it. That person is usually me when I play either of the intelligence characters publicly though.
Reply Quote
This happened during a live stream last week. I think it is funny how the treasure bandit always trumps whatever is going on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKZ1gSFZTo

Of course it does. I want that little goblins loots!
Reply Quote
You can toss it on a follower as well. Put one on the Paladin and watch 'n' hope as he charges into battle!

EDIT: The puzzle ring is what I'm talking about here.
Edited by TheGoat#1138 on 10/25/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 01:35 PMPosted by TheGoat
You can toss it on a follower as well. Put one on the Paladin and watch 'n' hope as he charges into battle!

Snap, never thought of that. Probably second only to a Buriza in my "Found While Leveling" cache.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]