Diablo® III

Mavericks

hey just curious will diablo 3 be fully compatible with OS X Mavericks?
Reply Quote
I second this question. Since Mavericks is now free, I would like to know if D3 is fully compatible before I upgrade.
Reply Quote
I would think someone would have already downloaded it and tried it! If I had a faster connection I would. I'll be upgrading it overnight.. :-)
Reply Quote
yeah of course :) i agree guys i'd love to enjoy the new features of mavericks...but i don't wanna compromise D3
Reply Quote
I upgraded today to Mavericks. After playing the game for about 30 minutes, my CPU fan is around 1300 rpm. Prior to upgrading it would be around 1100 rpm. I've also been getting really bad lag today when it was fine yesterday. Not sure if it has anything to do with upgrading the OS or not. Otherwise the game plays just fine. I'm on a late 2009 27" iMac.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for the update, I think I'll upgrade now.
The lag is so intermittent and bizarre, plenty of feedback on that since patch 1.08.
Even with a great Ping, CPU/GPU, and lowered settings people are stil reporting it.
Reply Quote
My game now has issues running in fullscreen windowed mode when a flash player that's playing video is on a second monitor, when before Mavericks it ran like a charm. If that's something you do regularly like I do, I'd avoid the update for the time being.
Edited by rustu#1887 on 10/23/2013 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Make sure you update flash player to 11.9. It's an important mavericks update. Also. Make sure spotlight and time machine aren't doing backups or indexing. after any major OS update, you may have couple hours of high cpu usage from the OS doing those things.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Might try upgrading tonight when I'm back home from the office. I have the high end 2013 27" iMac which I'm hoping will see some big improvements. Even though it runs games pretty well already. Just crossing my fingers that performance doesn't go down...
For what it's worth, I am getting 22-30 fps running fullscreen and solid 60 in a window stretched to just about fill the screen. Something's amiss.

This is on a two monitor setup on a recent and zippy 27 inch iMac.
Reply Quote
I just upgraded my OS to Mavericks on my 15" macbook pro 15" retina, and Played D3 for 1/2 hour or so, almost a complete act 1 key run, and all seemed just fine! 1 other joined me, he had lag after 15 min, but I was OK..
I think it works fine so far for me!
(ALSO, after upgrading, I noticed the install Freed up 7 gigs of SSD space! Woo Hoo! :-)
Edited by GondorNative#1448 on 10/24/2013 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My flash player is up to date and my computer isn't running time machine or indexing anything. I still am getting 10 fps at all times (even during menus and auction house) when playing in fullscreen windowed mode with flash on a second monitor. Not sure if the problem is with flash, D3, or Mavericks, but one of them is screwing up big time.

Side note: my Mavericks install freed up 25gb on my SSD. Worth it just for that, IMO!
Edited by rustu#1887 on 10/24/2013 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Check activity monitor to see where all cpu usage is. there are reports of major issue with logitech drivers on wow forums causing freezes and large fps drops because they are not 10.9 compat.

There are also a ton of video cards that took an fps regression according to aspyr pretty much all nvidia cards are seeing fps drops in 10.9's inferior nvidia drivers. Most ati users are reporting about 15% fps INCREASE except for the two official mac pro cards that is, those saw a huge drop for me.
Reply Quote
The CPU usage is hardly affected by Diablo running. D3 is using about 10%, flash is using about 40-50% and everything else is marginal. My computer is a 1 year old retina MBP with a 2.6ghz i7 and 16gb of ram, along with the Nvidia GT650M, which is 1gb. It really seems like the issue has to be software related instead of hardware.

Before Mavericks, I could run at least 30fps in game while doing this at all times, and now it doesn't go above 15.
Reply Quote
Warning...
After the Mavericks install, and playing D3, I got severe lag which is rare for me.

The install had put two new items in the NOTIFICATIONS area, which I think were attempting to check in the background for messages, or updates or something.. So I disabled them in notifications.

I hope that is what caused the lag!
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 08:21 PMPosted by rustu
My game now has issues running in fullscreen windowed mode when a flash player that's playing video is on a second monitor, when before Mavericks it ran like a charm. If that's something you do regularly like I do, I'd avoid the update for the time being.

I can confirm this. But this also happens if any Video (VLC, EyeTV, ..) is running on the 2nd screen. No flash issue though ..

Really thinking about going back :/ The negative effects of upgrading to mavericks outperform the positives by far :/
Reply Quote
I can confirm this. But this also happens if any Video (VLC, EyeTV, ..) is running on the 2nd screen. No flash issue though ..

Really thinking about going back :/ The negative effects of upgrading to mavericks outperform the positives by far :/

Good to see that someone else is having the same problem (well, not good, but you know what I mean). I also noticed that it happened with VLC as well, so it's not a flash problem.
Edited by rustu#1887 on 10/25/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After removing those two items from the notifications menu,(upper right corner of screen)
My Mac seems to be working fine!

Ran 2 complete act 1 exp/key runs (festering, hollow, fields) this morning, and everything went smoothly! No Lag/latency problems!

ALSO, i normally run with a max of 30 FPS, but I upper it to 60, and it still ran well.. I got up to 60 fps, but mostly 45fps or so....
Edited by GondorNative#1448 on 10/25/2013 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
It seems nvidia cards suffer a huge performance drop on 10.9. If you use nvidia graphics, you might want to avoid mavericks until it's resolved. If you have ATI graphics, there is a good bet your performance will actually shoot up. Big companies like aspyr are already breathing on apple about the nvidia regression. Hopefully blizzard does the same.
Reply Quote
D3 is unplayable for me on Maverick - What's odd is that my graphics looks sharper although i've set everything to low, and im down to around 18 fps. This is on MBP6,2 with nVidia 330M.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]