Diablo® III

Mystic Revealed - Questions about Details

10/24/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Riffmaster
Same reasoning as above. I think transmog'ed items should still be tradeable. Or temporarily account-bound like the current marquise gem system and the only way for it to be tradeable it to revert it to its original look for a certain cost.

+1

transmog does not change the property of that idea so should be able to be "reset" whenever the player want to.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Seems like the general opinion is that transmog really shouldn't result in BoA.

I completely agree. I'm against transmog being BoA. I'll just copy over something I posted elsewhere:

You have a nice Zunimassa's Marrow. Let's say you come across another Zuni Marrow on your adventures. Same chest, really, just better stats. So now you want to make use of that new find. What happens to your old Marrow? I guess you can always throw it onto an alt character, but what happens when you find yet another chest that you prefer? Or maybe the Zuni Marrow just isn't your thing anymore. Maybe there's a new legendary chest that offers stats you want. But after you transmog the old Zuni Marrow, you're stuck with it. Why transmog it at all if you anticipate ever getting another item that you'll want to use over the original? Isn't this game about hunting for more loot, bigger and better stuff? Progress? Grow your character? You're going to grow out of a piece of gear eventually.

I view aesthetics as a gimmick. It's just customization, depth. It's something to play with here and there, separate from other elements of the game. At least that's what dyeing gear is like right now. It's not something that's meant to heavily impact another aspect of the game, which is trading. Why not make a transmog'd item tradeable, but upon trading, resets the item to its default appearance?
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
If you can enchant an item over and over, what will stop people from having whatever stat gives the most damage, such as a socket on a weapon? It may take 1 try or 100 tries.
Reply Quote
BoA on transmogrifying makes perfect sense when you look at it from the game referees perspective. You can make any item look like any other, the chances for being misled during trading is too great. There are already issues with being duped during trades do you want to add another dimension to that? There's a price to pay if you want your character to look a specific way.

To be fair, being able to remove a transmogrification and "strip" the item back to it's original look then being able to trade it would be a possible scenario no? But think, if you're transmogrifying then chances are you're enchanting as well, so point's moot anyway.

And to the enchant, personally if people think that they should be able to trade enchanted items, then each character should have to level up the artisan's separately, otherwise there's no need, everyone will have a full level mystic pretty quickly, everyone has equal access to all artisans, not like in WoW and other games where each character makes a specific choice and trading/interacting between trade craft choices fuels the ingame economy.

I think Blizz has made the only logical choices regarding the mystic and I think it'll be a fun thing to play around with.
Edited by Aristobulous#1963 on 10/24/2013 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
twitch.tv PoE 9,000 viewers
twitch.tv Diablo 3 791viwers

- true story

taking a games twitch viewers around its official release date vs a game that has been out for a reasonable amount of time isn´t really gonna give an accurate description of which is more popular. id like to see you come back when RoS hits and make it look as favorable towards PoE ;)

that's a nice assumption but let me give you some food for thought, considering Diablo 3 was ruled the most anticipated of the year, yet PoE carries better ideas had a smaller team, already went through a complete beta phase for a couple of months and yet carries more favorites.

Diablo 3 is tied with the same amount of views as Super Mario RPG for the SNES! lawls

Hello! SNORE-FEST and it has a better pvp design, and yes im playing PoE if you want to throw that out there.
Reply Quote

taking a games twitch viewers around its official release date vs a game that has been out for a reasonable amount of time isn´t really gonna give an accurate description of which is more popular. id like to see you come back when RoS hits and make it look as favorable towards PoE ;)

that's a nice assumption but let me give you some food for thought, considering Diablo 3 was ruled the most anticipated of the year, yet PoE carries better ideas had a smaller team, already went through a complete beta phase for a couple of months and yet carries more favorites.

Diablo 3 is tied with the same amount of views as Super Mario RPG for the SNES! lawls

Hello! SNORE-FEST and it has a better pvp design, and yes im playing PoE if you want to throw that out there.

Take your petty argument about which game you prefer elsewhere.

Back to the topic: I'm not decided about whether I support the idea of making Transmogged items BoA. I want to hear a Blizzard Designer's thought process behind the decision to make those items BoA.
Reply Quote
yeah. they should give a 3rd option to the mystic.

ie: if the intention of making transmorg boa is to encourage more gear to be boa. then I think its wrong.

on the other hand, if you want more gear to be BOA (ie: people voluntarily boa gear besides enchanting). then give us a new option as well.

call it "gear blessing". all core and healing stats on the item are improved between 5-10% (also applies to the enchanted property) but does not apply to stats that are eg: (ias/cc/cdmg)
Reply Quote
twitch.tv PoE 9,000 viewers
twitch.tv Diablo 3 791viwers

- true story

Ture story? Which story? Can the story be the more the people know/own/play D3, the lesser the the viewer in twitch.tv? Who know?

BTW, I would like to see more people back when RoS hits and make it look as favorable towards PoE too because I like both game :)
Edited by WCLee#1977 on 10/25/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/24/2013 05:48 PMPosted by GoodStranger
Enchanting is what will happen to every high level item, effectively REMOVING them from the economy (a very good thing)

Low or average level items will be enchanted too. Self found players don't care about an item being BoA, and because they don't trade, they have a harder time to find gear. So this good for trading like you said and better for self loot. What is perfect.

10/24/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Ace
If you can enchant an item over and over, what will stop people from having whatever stat gives the most damage, such as a socket on a weapon? It may take 1 try or 100 tries.

You can enchant only one affix. So instead of needed 6 good affixes you only need 5 good affixes. But you need to find an item with five good affixes. You can't do that with any item. It will have a cost in gold and materials. If some of the needed materials is BoA, the number of try will be limited by time at least. The cost can be increasing with the number of enchantment.
Edited by holce#2777 on 10/25/2013 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
looks good, transmog shouldnt be BOA imo tough. All in all RoS seems to be going in the right direction.
Reply Quote
Love the idea of the Mystic! Although, I do have a couple suggestions/opinions:

- Allow traded unidentified items to unlock the skins when identified.
- Remove bind on account when transmogrifying an item.
Reply Quote
im cool with everything, you can at least trade belts, bracers and jewelry in the future...

but antother thing... can u enchant crafted items like hellfire rings and so on????
Edited by Beowulf#2466 on 10/25/2013 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wonder.. Are we gonna see micro-transactions later on to grab nice new armor and weapon-packs just for the sake of visuals? I can totally see this happend.

Edit: A bit exclusive visuals that is.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 10/25/2013 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wonder.. Are we gonna see micro-transactions later on to grab nice new armor and weapon-packs just for the sake of visuals? I can totally see this happend.

Edit: A bit exclusive visuals that is.

Most likely. Until it does not affect gameplay performance it is acceptable.
Reply Quote
Seems like the general opinion is that transmog really shouldn't result in BoA.

I completely agree. I'm against transmog being BoA. I'll just copy over something I posted elsewhere:

What guy said.

BoA when improving stats, or enchanting an item? No problem
BoA when performing only a cosmetic change? What the hell? No way!

BTW why transmog should be BoA when dyes are not? It the same, only changing appearance
Reply Quote
I also do not think cosmetic changes from transmog should be BOA. This is a feature that I will most likely not use on anything other than items that are already BOA through enchanting or crafting.

I do hope that enough input like this will help reverse the decision to make transmog items BOA.
Reply Quote

@Vaeflare May I suggest making transmog not B.O.A?

The reason is this; I won't be using enchanting until I find items I'm sure I'll hang onto for a LONG time, like end-game items only, since its so permanent.

By making transmog also B.O.A, this restricts me to only transmogging the items I will keep for a long time.

I would like transmog to be a bit more carefree, since it does not impact gameplay.

I would transmog constantly while levelling a crusader for example, but if its BOA, I won't until I find epic end-game items. :P

Please and thank you. :)

Quoted for truth.

Transmog is what low level chars and casuals will be doing.

Enchanting is what will happen to every high level item, effectively REMOVING them from the economy (a very good thing)

Quoted for truth².
Reply Quote
BoA on transmogrifying makes perfect sense when you look at it from the game referees perspective. You can make any item look like any other, the chances for being misled during trading is too great. There are already issues with being duped during trades do you want to add another dimension to that?

A transmogrified Stormcrow still appears as a Stormcrow in the inventory.
#NoProblem
Reply Quote
Will we be able to enchant a 5prop rare into a 6prop?

If not, it's a bit discouraging 4- and 5-property rares are going to remain so alarmingly inferior. 4- and 5-property items should perhaps just be removed. They're more like a magical item with yellow letters than a true rare item, so long as 6prop rares are the baseline.

I hope Loot 2.0 revamps the current 'checking' undergone upon an item drop.

Legendary?
If no -> 6prop rare?
If no -> 5prop rare?
If no -> 4prop rare?
.. etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]