Diablo® III

Why can't I enchant off-stats?

Like Thorns damage, resist, regeneration, armor, LoH, bleed damage, LoK ????

Why can I only change the boring stats? aka str, dex, vita, and Intel.

I don't care about the boring stats, I want to be able to form a unique character that is different than every other barb. Not a linear based Mystic.
Reply Quote
Who said you can't enchant those stats?
Reply Quote
Straight out from the blog:

While not all properties can be rerolled, most can, and you'll be able to reroll a single property over and over again, as many times as you like.
Reply Quote
Maybe they will let you reroll thorns for posterity.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Core stats are definitely not the only enchants available from the Mystic. While I don't currently have a full list to share, you can see a few of the options from our recent blog. The stats in the fourth screenshot down are just a taste of what the Mystic can do.

There will be plenty of variety available for you to choose for your style of play. That's the intent, after all: to give you some more freedom and flexibility with the loot you acquire.
Reply Quote
so can you roll more than one affix for one item? or is it reroll one affix per item only?
Reply Quote
One affix per item
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/25/2013 05:37 PMPosted by cheese
so can you roll more than one affix for one item? or is it reroll one affix per item only?

The latter. Think of each affix as a "slot." Only one slot can be enchanted on an item, ever. The possible properties for that slot don't change after enchanting though, so that pool will always be available for that slot.

I hope that makes sense. It's Friday and I think I'm out of wordsing for this week. u_u
Edited by Nevalistis on 10/25/2013 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Couple of questions:
1) What about split stat rolls? Will those show up as generated or will the single stat in question be able to re-roll?
2) Can crafts be enchanted?
Reply Quote
[quote="103566936270"]
I hope that makes sense. It's Friday and I think I'm out of wordsing for this week. u_u

If only you had a Mystic to reroll your vocabulary.
Reply Quote
anyway possible way for us to get the mystic before the expansion?
Reply Quote
pick up radius better be one of the affixes we can change
Reply Quote
While I'm sure you guys have tried this In-house, I just have to ask.

When choosing a stat to replace, why does it give an exact value instead of a range. For instance with the picture you referenced, Why would you choose between 430 STR -or- 496 INT?

Why wouldn't you choose STR or INT known it had a range of 420-500, but only learn what you got AFTER choosing to enchant? That seems much more like the D2 gambling style as well as more... intuitive?
Reply Quote
I think we need to see the changes for smart loot because this looks like we will still get a lot of bad rolls. Why can most rolls be use full and we can change properties as well?
Reply Quote
Why wouldn't you choose STR or INT known it had a range of 420-500, but only learn what you got AFTER choosing to enchant? That seems much more like the D2 gambling style as well as more... intuitive?

I think it will be more fun :)
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Nevalistis

The latter. Think of each affix as a "slot." Only one slot can be enchanted on an item, ever. The possible properties for that slot don't change after enchanting though, so that pool will always be available for that slot.

Please please tell me affixes on items will be more diverse in distribution. I don't mean the diversity of affixes but the type of affixes items have. It just seems super unintuitive to stack 6 affixes on every itemslot and have them feel so similar. The shoulder slot has 6 affixes (but it can't have 1-2), the gloves have 6 affixes, the amulets have 6 affixes... Everything feels just like one item. If I could, I would put my amulet on my gloves slot, simply because these items have no character at all and all feel like exchangeable 6 affixholders.

I would looove to see more character on items. Let gloves have offensive affixes only, but only up to 4 affixes.
Give shoulders, the item that represents your character the most, one affixslot that rolls auras only. After all, these are the most visible items of your character and so on, why not treat them like that?
Make chestplates drop super rarely and get rid of all the offensive affixes. I mean, come on, it's a chestplate, why doesn't it provide 3 times as much defence as my gloves? Make defensive affixes roll really high and give it a unique affixpool to chose from, for one affixslot. "temporarily increase armour for x amount of damage taken", "temporarily increase resistance of an element you attacked with", "reduce damage taken by x% of resource".
On the other hand, wristbands shouldn't be so "bleh". They feel totally unimpressive. I mean wristbands shouldn't be loaded with offensive or defensive, should they? Give them wonky, crazy stuff: "Increase Strength by x%", "Chance to release nova that stuns everybody when you take damage" and so on, just some magical stuff.
Boots have to be focused more on movement and agility than "movespeed +12%".
Amulets should be able to have every affix every existed and hold up to 10 affixes!

I want to know what item somebody picked by looking at what the item does to his character, not by the tooltip saying what itemslot this goes into!
Reply Quote
While I'm sure you guys have tried this In-house, I just have to ask.

When choosing a stat to replace, why does it give an exact value instead of a range. For instance with the picture you referenced, Why would you choose between 430 STR -or- 496 INT?

Maybe because you don't want the INT and want the STR instead? For an easy example, if you got a shield that has STR and INT, you can just reroll the INT into VIT for your Crusader to make it a much more useful item.
Reply Quote
You find shoulders with a very large intelligence roll but no defensive stats, just reroll one of the other odd stats and suddenly a trash item becomes pretty useful.
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Ahh, to keep things from going from 6 poorly rolled stats to BiS, right? This is more of an assist towards our ideal rolls, rather than a free ride...

Is there any chance that she could reroll the numerical values of any stat, and only change the actual stat of one of them? That way, with a little effort, you could at least make a low-rolled, good affix item still useful?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]