Diablo® III

Opinions on how to get my monk more dps?

Hey all, recently just lost my best HC character, was a pretty big hit so I decided to go back to softcore for awhile. Been playing my monk and havin a lot of fun. Doing mp7 and mp8 currently comfortable but I want to step it up. Trying to figure out what I should upgrade next( I know it will be expensive) budget of about 500m, I've been trying to craft amulets but with no avail. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Bump.... Anyone?
Reply Quote
I think people are too busy making stupid posts about trolling!

Sorta irritating IMO,

-Ach
Reply Quote
View profile
I am a bit surprised that with 230k dps your not doing mp10. My best guess is that your resist is a tad low and so is your health since your using purple gems in gear.
Reply Quote
@acheron I don't understand are you saying I'm trolling?

@blademaster after a slight upgrade I'm doing mp10 pubs relatively smoothly but I like to solo sometimes and I'm dying a few times. My health is at about 50k and will only go up with plvls so I'm fairly comfortable there. However one of the issues I'm having is finding where to get some more AR without loosing a decent chunk of damage or health. I also do not want to go OWE so you can see my conundrum. Also thank you for your replies, additional feedback pertaining to this post would be very appreciated.
Reply Quote
Single LS is hard to sustain in high MP level if your mitigation is not really good. Here are my advices:

1. Weapon: Try Dual LS weapons
2. Gear: Improve your AR, HP, Armor to 5/5/5 above
3. Build: replace pacifism by BoY. and Palm by FoL

Good Luck
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 10/29/2013 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
When I ran dual life steal this was my build http://d3up.com/b/1096311/reaper-life-steal-build

I had a high vit chest like yours but got all res pants. All res witching hour, shoulders, boots, helm, etc.

My suggestion since your not using owe is ditch the double res on shoulders get higher vit there like mine. Ditch the vit on pants get all res and dex there. Look for new boots with higher vit.
I know this will be over your budget but you have geared wrong in some aspects. Making these changes you can fix it. After you can ditch the purple gems for green ones and up your dps.
I would definitely start with shoulders they will be a cheaper upgrade than pants and boots.
Reply Quote
I think you have already received some sound advice from BM and ManU. I'll add my 2c as well though around short term fixes.

(1) Dual LS needs to be higher on your priority list, as that will most definitely help with survivability. Especially since you are using trigen. Depending on your budget, you may lose some DPS, but it'll help a lot if you end up dying less.

(2) Use a litany instead of your unity ring, especially against elites. It'll bring your AR up past the magical 500 mark on it's own and the elite damage reduction can come in handy for extra EHP against elites. Get one with either AD or CHD - they don't need to be too expensive. I think I got a Dex/CHD (39%) one for under 50M.

(3) Get more EHP on your belt - that poison resist is a wasted affix. If you afford similar stats with some HP, I'd go for it. The more EHP you have, the more you will be able to withstand some heavy hits - particularly from those charging bulls and stuff. The belt on my WD cost me around 450M (that I use on my monk from time to time), but you can probably get something for cheaper if you look hard enough.

(4) Put DS/Q on your toolbar and learn how to use that skill. You can avoid so much damage with that skill, as you can keep the fight to the peripheral when you need to. You can charge through lasers, run over poison pools, avoid charges from those savage beasts, etc.

Oh, and I think @ach was referring to all of the troll posts that people have been making in other forums, and getting trolled in our monk forums. Nothing to do with you - just explaining how your post may have been lost in the shuffle.
Reply Quote
I think people are too busy making stupid posts about trolling!

Sorta irritating IMO,

-Ach

Funny, I think people are too busy making stupid posts about gearing themselves!

Sorta irritating IMO,

-Piff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]