Diablo® III

100K for 100K

Just put together a nice balanced Monk for less than 100K gold. Most expensive item was LS Skorn at 7,350.

104K dps
4.8% LS
53,800 health
5,177 armor
632 AR
12% MS

Total ehp = 616K

It really is amazing what you can pick up for essentially nothing these days.

Spear (picking up stuff for essentially nothing).
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 10/27/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I called it the 1G/Dps Challenge
also here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10357126068#5
Reply Quote
@Trog, if I go "balls to the wall" dps, I can get 122K. However, the ehp is nowhere near as good this way. The most expensive item on this gear set is the Inna's pants at 10K.

EDIT: If I go roughly 550/5000/50k as you did, my dps is 115K, with the most expensive item being the Skorn at 7,350.

Spear-chucker
Reply Quote
@Spear, Did you see the thread where the guy made a 150k dps monk for 400m? Just though I'd let you know :)
Reply Quote
@Trog, if I go "balls to the wall" dps, I can get 122K. However, the ehp is nowhere near as good this way. The most expensive item on this gear set is the Inna's pants at 10K.

EDIT: If I go roughly 550/5000/50k as you did, my dps is 115K, with the most expensive item being the Skorn at 7,350.

Spear-chucker

Thats pretty amazing.
And ofc we're playing on different servers, so i can tell you i was'nt anywhere near picking up ice climbers or skorn, let alone innas pants or chest for 10k.
Innas belt and the Vile Wards already were a pita and I probably bid on hundreds of these.

However I am 24% MS ahead of your current setup :)

I would say my luckiest purchase was this amazing mainhand which provides 90% of my healing.
Iirc my biggest resale value was somewhere in the region of 10m for an item nobody wanted to bis on, which is also pretty astonishing.

I did this 3 month ago so it would be interesting to see if i could further improve on that.
Reply Quote
@Trog, if I go for 24% MS and try and keep the other stats reasonable (630/5100/46K), my dps drops to just under 109K.

Most expensive item is still Skorn.

EDIT: My most surprising purchase for me has got to be my gloves. They cost me 2,328.

Spear
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 10/28/2013 2:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, fine Gloves for the price (no price that is)

The idea of how to build a monk for that little money should really be promoted.
When i did it, it really showed to me first hand how all the rules for gearing that we have come up with are true and it is much easier if you follow them.
Of course equipping this character was a process and i bought stuff 10 times over for every slot. Doing this proved that it is much easier to gear when you dont put vita on weapons, use the center-slots for EHP and use jewelry for damage.

So i suggest to anyone who considers spending a sum on his monk to experience this challenge first hand and learn which stats belong where and what is worth how much.
Its even better than reading guides
Reply Quote
@Trog, this current gear is my dual LS set. Again it is 100K, but this time every item is 5K gold or less. Once again I've tried to stay somewhat balanced with at least a little MS. If I go for just pure dps, I can get to about 110K with dual LS.

Spear
Reply Quote
Okay here is my take on this whole budget build craze lately.

I truly believe if you are going to build budget sets then you should do it on a lvl 60 monk
with no paragon levels
By building these sets on a p100 character you totally skew the numbers on what you get.
At p100 you have a bonus 300 dex, 200 vit, 100 str and 100 int.
When you give or sell these sets off no p100 monk is going to want one as by then they should have far surpassed anything you have put together for 100k.
Plus the players getting these sets are really not getting whats advertised as they do not have the bonuses like you do due to high paragon level.

You'd be better off building these sets on a zero paragon level and then any level over 60 the buyer has is a bonus increase on what you have built.
Reply Quote
@Bumbly, I don't know about anybody else, but in my case you are missing the point of why I budget build. I don't build sets to give away. I don't build sets as part of a gearing service. I have absolutely no interest at all in building sets for other people. If somebody asked me to do it, I might consider it for a good cause otherwise probably not.

I budget build as a challenge. If the baseline is P100, and in my case that is the starting point, how little must I spend on top of that to achieve a certain goal. Can I kill five MP 10 elites for instance without getting killed? Can I kill MP10 Ghom with no item above 5K purchase price? Or MP 10 Siegebreaker or Magda etc... Some people like to challenge themselves by how fast they can kill monsters, I like to challenge myself by seeing how cheap I can do it.

Generally, when I post that I have achieved a certain dps, it is for a balanced Monk because I intend to actually play with that gear set. I create budgets sets to play them - nothing else.

Spear
Reply Quote
10/28/2013 05:44 PMPosted by BumblyWumbly
You'd be better off building these sets on a zero paragon level and then any level over 60 the buyer has is a bonus increase on what you have built.

In my case that was what I originally started from. Now this Build provides 90k dps and 350k EHP at para 0 and i dare say that this is enough to play MP5 and farm MP 3-4. It was never meant to be an MP10 set for 100k bcs that would be, uh.. another challenge.
Reply Quote
Amazing SC! I'm impressed by how well you can keep the cost down. I recently started selling all my higher end gear and built a budget set. I only tried to win one auction last night (so everything was BIN but that one item) and I just built my entire new set (minus two BOAs and Marquise gems) for 20M. Stats are ~152k dps and a hair under 500k EHP with 5.4% LS. I'm sporting cheap dex gems so I could improve on those numbers slightly. I'm actually pretty happy with that considering I didn't have a single piece of gear that was less than 20M before. :P
Reply Quote
Slowly building up that dps, however got to start watching the hit points as I like to be at 50K as a minimum. If I can add another 15K dps and get my health back over 50K, I think it might be time to try another of the MP10 bosses I have yet to kill in my budget challenge.

Still under 100K (54,740 for gear plus 37K for gems = 91,740), but now have three items over 5K and one as high as 10K.

Spear
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 10/29/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hear ya. I don't normally like to be below 50k either. I have a ruby in my helm but once I get to P100 that will go back into a weapon or whatnot.

It is pretty awesome though how you've put together such a solid gear setup for under 100k. Quite impressive! Good luck with your budget boss challenges.
Reply Quote
I hear ya. I don't normally like to be below 50k either. I have a ruby in my helm but once I get to P100 that will go back into a weapon or whatnot.

It is pretty awesome though how you've put together such a solid gear setup for under 100k. Quite impressive! Good luck with your budget boss challenges.

Thanks E. Appreciate it.

Spear
Reply Quote
Bit of a glass cannon this one, but since Trog went full dps/glass cannon was inspired to do so as well.

138.3K dps
5.9% LS
46,100 health
4,671 armor
544 AR
24% MS

Total ehp = 446K

Have three items over 5K. Zuni boots at 10K, m/h ring at 5,250 and Skorn at 5,818

Spear
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 10/31/2013 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I dont think your setup is glassy at all; mine is :)
Im still working on it though. It seems the EU-AH has more to offer for scavengers such as ourselves these days.
At a loss of 10 dps Moxy could be rock solid but for the targeted MP it works fine as it is.
I also have a LS-Skorn which would push me for about 10k but i just dont see how i would play with it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Troglodyte-2421/hero/20132456

Prepare for updates...

edit:
Did you get anything on BO? How do you search the AH?
Edited by Troglodyte#2421 on 11/3/2013 3:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Trog, moved on a little bit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10423542310

This set really is a glass cannon.

http://d3up.com/b/1182290/spearbrave

As to your question about buyouts. Never found a BO that I could use. As to searching AH. Basically I put in the stats I want and if it helps me out I bid on it.

Spear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]